rushmc

The Media Untold Truths in Iraq (op ed)

I still believe that if the people got "news" that is less slanted, the American people will make good decisions.

Pretty much *everything* that you post here is from slanted news sources. So by your definition, any news source that presents news cooked to your liking is unslanted.

And of course, any news source that presents objective FACTS that this administration would rather hide, is a :o LIBERAL :o news source.

NY Post (of Rupert Murdoch's News Corp., big coincidence that you would offer us this gem of an article, eh?) is a tabloid rag of the lowest form, and the best use for it is something for the bird to plop on.

Don't you find that it insults your intelligence when news is cooked to your liking? Wouldn't you rather form your own opinion?

Ever give BBC News a try?

Well, now the alternative media is taking away the monoply of the big media and they are making better decisions every election cycle. I think that trend will continue

Yes, according to your Orwellian definition of "unslanted," which clearly reflects the Orwellian logic of Fox's "Fair and Balanced" and "We Report, You Decide," the above statement makes complete sense.

You should realy stop trying to put words in someone elses mouth. You are not very good at it. You have no idea where I get my news......but you must think you do[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I would have hoped that the fact that I did not address the point while focusing on silly spelling errors indicated that I do not care. In order o compensate for such an inevitability, I used the crumpet line to seal my stance. I thought that would do it. I was wrong. Dammit. :| :)
The point has been said by you over and over. The counterpoints have been said over and over. Not one side in this argument has budged one iota in any of the various incarnations of this argument in the plethora of threads dealing with it. And in a digression about the number of thread on a particular topic: Its seems to me that were said individuals so confident in their position, they probably would not feel the need to continually try to prove it to those who will NEVER agree with them.

Because of the repetitive nature, I willfully ignore the arguments.

Now, I ask again, who wants a crumpet?
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

If the Iraqi military is in control of the situation as claimed, why do our boys need to stay there?

Because the process of robust Vietnamization Iraqi-ization is not yet complete, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Makes one feel nostalgic, doesn't it?

I love this comparision, it looks so smart:S

Well! That's an insightful counterpoint.

The historical comparison is apt. “We are steadily winning, and the enemy is being degraded.” “We have the support of the silent majority of the freedom-loving [insert country] people.” “We are training the [insert country] military forces to take over this fight for their own country, and that will happen soon.” “The nay-saying media are giving aid and comfort to the enemy.”
We’ve heard it all before; it’s an echo of the past. The rhetoric is all the same; only the players have changed. Bullshit then; bullshit now.

Crumpet, please.

I would have hoped that the fact that I did not address the point while focusing on silly spelling errors indicated that I do not care. In order o compensate for such an inevitability, I used the crumpet line to seal my stance. I thought that would do it. I was wrong. Dammit. :| :)
The point has been said by you over and over. The counterpoints have been said over and over. Not one side in this argument has budged one iota in any of the various incarnations of this argument in the plethora of threads dealing with it. And in a digression about the number of thread on a particular topic: Its seems to me that were said individuals so confident in their position, they probably would not feel the need to continually try to prove it to those who will NEVER agree with them.

Because of the repetitive nature, I willfully ignore the arguments.

Now, I ask again, who wants a crumpet?

OK, I understand (sorry I missed your point)
I will however take some issue with your post. While I agree with the body of your post, I believe that there is a constant stream of new information coming out if one cares to look at it (for it). The arguments coming from the left however (and I know I am biased) do not have that supporting info coming in to support them. They have accusations only at this point. (IMHO) So, one would prresume that if one has an open mind, facts could sway or shake thier convictions.

Now, do I feel that I have a pile of info so high my beleif is not in doubt? Well, not yet:P
Abraham Lincoln

If the Iraqi military is in control of the situation as claimed, why do our boys need to stay there?

Because the process of robust Vietnamization Iraqi-ization is not yet complete, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

The historical comparison is apt. “We are steadily winning, and the enemy is being degraded.” “We have the support of the silent majority of the freedom-loving [insert country] people.” “We are training the [insert country] military forces to take over this fight for their own country, and that will happen soon.” “The nay-saying media are giving aid and comfort to the enemy.”
We’ve heard it all before; it’s an echo of the past. The rhetoric is all the same; only the players have changed. Bullshit then; bullshit now.

Crumpet, please.

My point is there is no comparison. Looking at it proves that...........
Abraham Lincoln

However, if you are speaking of the media tactics well then I do agree!

Hell, they printed the same crap about Japan and Germany after WW II

Crumpet, please.

Abraham Lincoln

Here, try this one.

Put this in the context of the media going nuts after the Mosk (sp) bombing over there.

Every other sentence said CIVIL WAR.

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/64407.htm
Abraham Lincoln

destroying Bush's credibility

to easy.. he has none.. he is almost completely unaware of key decisions being made by his administration..

but still your hero somehow i imagine..

care to follow him into a minefield? take his orders in a fire fight?

i'll bet not.. people tend to pick more competent leaders when their lives are directly at stake....

anytime

Hold on while I make a note to myself...

"RushMC is completely confident in the abilities of our President George "Dubya" Bush in times of crisis."

Are you SURE thats the message you want to send to fellow jumpers that rely on your good judgement and rational thinking during a two-way or a 4-way?

:D

HAHAHAHAHA!!! See attached photos...

Hold on while I scribble a note in my logbook in bright red ink....

destroying Bush's credibility

to easy.. he has none.. he is almost completely unaware of key decisions being made by his administration..

but still your hero somehow i imagine..

care to follow him into a minefield? take his orders in a fire fight?

i'll bet not.. people tend to pick more competent leaders when their lives are directly at stake....

anytime

Hold on while I make a note to myself...

"RushMC is completely confident in the abilities of our President George "Dubya" Bush in times of crisis."

Are you SURE thats the message you want to send to fellow jumpers that rely on your good judgement and rational thinking during a two-way or a 4-way?

:D

HAHAHAHAHA

Hold on while I scribble a note in my logbook in bright red ink....

Without a doubt!!
Abraham Lincoln

>that is NOT what I am trying to saying in this thread.

Guess you shouldn't have said it then, eh? Sometimes when you say something, people believe you actually mean what you say. (Although I've learned to make adjustments for some republicans in that regard.)

>that is NOT what I am trying to saying in this thread.

Guess you shouldn't have said it then, eh? Sometimes when you say something, people believe you actually mean what you say. (Although I've learned to make adjustments for some republicans in that regard.)

Oh billvon, nice try but I am tired of your off angle attempts.....[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

what's your point with the pictures?

Advisor: "uhhh, Mr. President, Terrorists just crashed a Boeing 757 fully loaded with jet fuel into the 83rd floor of the world trade center... American citizens are jumping to their death from the 87th floor while covered in burning jet fuel"

Dubya: "Hold on, this is where it gets good! See here? These is sheep! Them's good animals! Cept fer when they run away and you gotta chase em around with your pants around your ankles. Then they are bad. Real bad. I like sheep though. Thems nice.."

Blind faith in leadership is dangerous... Especially when you see the same "deer in headlights" behavior over and over again from the same (alleged) "leader".

;)

The actual words given to the president there were "america is under attack." And I think it's not a bad thing that he then sat in that classroom for 15 minutes. After all, leaving might make the kid reading sad. And in a crisis, do you really want Bush in charge? The guy that didn't know there was a difference between Sunnis and Shi'a before the Iraq war? The guy who thinks people in Mexico speak Mexican?

Despite the media wanting a civil war in Iraq it did not happen. What did happen.

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/64752.htm

Quoting the New York Post as a credible source of information? You have got to be kidding us.

Have you ever read a copy?

You might as well quote the National Enquirer.
You know, that quality weekly publication available at supermarket checkstands everywhere in the US.

That is really pathetic.

Despite the media wanting a civil war in Iraq it did not happen. What did happen.

Quoting the New York Post as a credible source of information? You have got to be kidding us.

You know, that quality weekly publication available at supermarket checkstands everywhere in the US.

That is really pathetic.

The article was more for the author than the paper. I suppose a quality paper is that other Washington Paper huh?:S

I have come to realize that any conservative outlet in non credible to most lefties on this site....
Abraham Lincoln

yep, the truth is that the whole Iraq adventure has been a great success.

The leftist media is showing a bunch of photoshopped pictures of people getting blown up every day. Anyone can see that they're all muppets.:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Blind faith in leadership is dangerous

absolutely correct. ignorance and a vote can be too.

your view of the events in that classroom seem...uhhh...ignorant. or are you just blinded by your ideology?
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

>your view of the events in that classroom seem...uhhh...ignorant.

I think the reason that spins on what happened in that classroom are doomed to fail is that it's all on video. Claim he was stealthily plotting his next move all you like; the video is pretty clear on what _actually_ happened.

it's all on video

i know. did it go down like bounce portrayed? no. thus, he is ignorant of what happened.

Claim he was stealthily plotting his next move all you like

i made that claim?

where did i go wrong again?

That is really pathetic.

The article was more for the author than the paper. I suppose a quality paper is that other Washington Paper huh?:S

I have come to realize that any conservative outlet in non credible to most lefties on this site....

enjoying those who are "stuck on stupid"....

The New York Post is a Washington newspaper? Well, golly, I learn something new every day from these brilliant righties.

Your sig line seems to indicate that you really enjoy yourself and the others who think like you do.
Cool. I like self deprecating humor.

Your sig line seems to indicate that you really enjoy yourself and the others who think like you do.

:o how can that kind of savvy wit be combated? that's pure poetry man...:D

of course, you might find a few different opinions on who the morons are.