rasmack

It's settled then. The military is above the law.

Well I did vote for Bush, primarily because when your sole income and career is Military the Republican party is know for giving you a raise and more funding. Where as the democratic party is more likely to cut military spending and close bases. Both parties are doing what they feel is best for the country but I will vote for the guy who represents my personal situation the best.

well god damn... i won't vote until there's someone worth the vote running.... but i appreciate the honesty.

As for the whole they hate us for being free thing....I think they hate us more for being arrogant and their culture and ours conflict both politically and socially. We are the most wealthy and wastefull country out there. I know it pisses me off when I see Rapper gangsters on TV Bling Blingin' when I have bills going unpaid and all I want to do is jump but can't cause rent is due. Same thing in my opinion.

most of em just where all there assets at once... don't be jealous.

As for taking up arms against fellow Americans...the oath you take upon entrance includes I will defend against all enemies both foriegn and domestic. Hell I fear fellow Americans more so than foriegn terrorists so my answer is given the right situation then Yes I would. Would'nt you if you way of life was threatened?

i'd take up arms and legs too if may way of life is threatend.... but not just because "they" ( who ever they is) told me to. it's the americans you voted for that are threatening my way of life.... any way... be cool ....

people see me as a challenge to their balance

They are willing to do "nasty" things to survive. Apparently, so are you.

:S

That's funny. I thought they were willing to do "nasty" things because they want to enforce their way of living on any who are "unbelievers" in islam.

They'd be "surviving" just fine if they had not attacked, and incurred our wrath and our desire to destroy them in order to shield ourselves from being attacked unprovoked again.

They stirred up the hornets nest, and now they're upset that the hornets are stinging them?! :S "Survival" for them would have been guaranteed if they'd just left...us...the fuck...alone.

Or were we waging war on the Taliban before they were engaging in terrorist acts against our interests and our people?

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Dude, its really doesn't matter what OUR views on it are. My point is that THEY view it as viable action for their survival. The same as you view "nasty" things we might do as viable for our survival.

Your take is along the same lines as their outlook -- from your own personal viewpoints, not from outside them.

Its a difficult concept to handle, I know.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Apparently you were not brought up that way.

I don't think he was attacking your son or you.

But that response sure was.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Possibly but I did not take it that way. I enjoy speakers corner for peoples views. That's what makes this country great we can agree to disagree and have fun doing it.
HackB A.K.A. "Puppy"

Well I did vote for Bush, primarily because when your sole income and career is Military the Republican party is know for giving you a raise and more funding. Where as the democratic party is more likely to cut military spending and close bases. Both parties are doing what they feel is best for the country but I will vote for the guy who represents my personal situation the best

There were a lot of downsizing of the military in the 70's when I was in. In fact being in the service after the Vietnam war.. kinda SUCKED. BUT the service was good to me and I gave them 8 years of my life. I got out and the GI BILL paid for my college education.
In the early 90's after we Cold Warriors had won the Cold War... there was an expectation of a PEACE DIVIDEND since we no longer needed the vast military we had built up ( and went into HUGE deficits paying for during the Reagan administration). Many bases were closed in response to that. I do believe there was a Republican Congress by that time that actually had control over the purse strings of government during those base closures.

The current administration is ALSO closing bases and realigning forces which is a good thing, since the people we are fighting have changed and moving people to where they are needed now is a smart move. It may piss some people off but that is the way it has always been when your local base gets closed due to it no longer being what is needed by the military.

ONe problem I have with the current situation is VAST SUMS are being spent in high tech weaponry( cool stuff) while our troops have not gotten the up armor and body protection they need... and that puts far too many of them into a situation I know FAR MORE than I want to know about, when they have to deal with the Veterans Administration which is very underfunded and I find it a shamefull way to treat those americans who have served thier country. Hopefully they will treat those of you in this generation better than they treated those veterans in my generation.:(

I think you have a LOT of job security from now on...for you and your son... and his son... and his son.

Now this is a post worth reading. Well done Amazon! And thanks for your service. I know what you mean about the armor. My unit was lucky enough to have body armor but we only had 1 piece so never let the enemy get behind you.

That and any vehicles we had did not have Uparmor but makeshift plywood and sandbag action going on.
HackB A.K.A. "Puppy"

Just paraphrasing what he wrote, that anyone who served over there sees the bad behavior of our enemies as an excuse. I mentioned my son as a counterexample to his statement.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.