GARYC24

Merry Christmas to Speaker Corner

I'm out of here in 30 minutes..
Won't be back for rest of year!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Gary Calhoun

I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round apart from the veneration due to its sacred name and origin, if anything belonging to it can be apart from that--as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time.
- Charles Dickens

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
- Charles Dickens

It is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas when its mighty Founder was a child Himself.
- Charles Dickens

Ditto for me starting tomorrow. I'm going to Florida to spend time with Mom, sister, brother, nieces, sons and granddaughters. And maybe sneak in a few jumps at Sebastian.

So you all get a one-week break from me in here. Enjoy it.

In the photo, I'm the one that Mom likes best. (That's a great shirt to wear around your siblings...)

Ditto for me starting tomorrow. I'm going to Florida to spend time with Mom, sister, brother, nieces, sons and granddaughters. And maybe sneak in a few jumps at Sebastian.

So you all get a one-week break from me in here. Enjoy it.

In the photo, I'm the one that Mom likes best. (That's a great shirt to wear around your siblings...)

is that you on the far left?

why do CHRISTians feel the need to emphasize CHRISTmas it's not like we're gonna forget.

Many are whether intentional or not. Many are trying to remove Christ from it altogether so as not to offend anyone. Many Christians are losing site of the real meaning behind the holliday through its commercialization.

And since I dont celebrate the pagan holiday I feel that I can say that without anyone throwing it in my face :)

I don't celebrate the pagan holiday either. I celebrate the birth of Jesus. Exactly when it was is not important. He should really be celebrated every day. Not throwing it in your face any more than someone like Kallend saying happy solstice to everyone here. :)

yeah, i was impressed by that too :-/

Yule is pagan, regardless of the christian cut and paste job.

I disagree with you saying people are trying to forget it, i've been hearing that crap for 20 years and yet it's still CHRISTmas, not Xmas or BLANKmas.

It just strikes me as weird as hell. That's all. Feel free to stress out about the godless calling it the holiday season. The REASON for the season is toys, familyi and food for them, always will be you could call it PigfuckingMass and they'd buy it with their greedy little snouts in the trough of consumerism.

Enjoy your Christ, let them enjoy their booze.

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

why do CHRISTians feel the need to emphasize CHRISTmas it's not like we're gonna forget.

Many are whether intentional or not. Many are trying to remove Christ from it altogether so as not to offend anyone. Many Christians are losing site of the real meaning behind the holliday through its commercialization.

And since I dont celebrate the pagan holiday I feel that I can say that without anyone throwing it in my face :)

I don't celebrate the pagan holiday either. I celebrate the birth of Jesus. Exactly when it was is not important. He should really be celebrated every day. Not throwing it in your face any more than someone like Kallend saying happy solstice to everyone here. :)

Dec 21 is undeniably the Solstice, unless you believe in a flat Earth. There is actual objective evidence.

All else is just fanciful.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.