kirrz

Is George Bush an idiot?

***Oh yeah.. and tell me.. who was it who bailed him out of that when his management of them ran them into the ground.

Who in politics do YOU think is honest & upstanding.

Do you want to discuss the Kennedy clan???

My next life is going to be a fly on the wall !!!!

neener neener.... the other guys did it

sheesh get a grip
Going off topic of the BUSH clan a tad.... I mean its been 42 years since a Kennedy was in the White House and I bet he DID HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH THAT WOMAN ( Oh Yeah.. thats right you guys hate it when Democrats get laid)

we were talking about the Bush Clan...

Daddys friends did... you know.. Daddy.. the Vice President then the President.. The 80s were so much fun for the upper crust in Texas... Parties.. Coke Snortin... Expunged drunk driving records..

since when did the topics stay in focus.

Since this president took office certainly not.. so many of the brain cells where fried during the 80's no wonder he suffers from foot in mouth disease so badly.

http://www.doctorzebra.com/prez/g43.htm
During his 2000 presidential campaign there were persistent questions about a history of cocaine use. Eventually Bush denied using cocaine since 1992, then quickly extended the cocaine-free period back to 1974 (age 28). NBC reporter David Bloom then noted "that current White House appointees must disclose any drug use since their 18th birthday" [17]. Bush, however, refused to make a disclosure, instead admitting he'd made mistakes in the past, and if voters didn't like that "they can go find somebody else to vote for. That's the wonderful thing about democracy" [17].

I'm sorry if this sounds ultra-ignorant but American politics isn't really my forte & I'm curious..

Over the last few years I've met loads & loads of Americans and just about every single one of them has something bad to say about George Bush (think he's incompetent or whatever).

So from where I'm looking, it seems like the vast majority of Americans dislike Bush. But obviously that's not the case since he got voted in for a second term. Why is it that he got voted in again? Is it simply because he was better when compared to the alternative, Kerry?

Or are there actually a large number of Americans that support Bush (take away the token 'I support him because we're both from Texas' people)? And if so, what are his policies that could make him favourable?

So from where I'm looking, it seems like the vast majority of Americans dislike Bush. But obviously that's not the case since he got voted in for a second term. Why is it that he got voted in again? Is it simply because he was better when compared to the alternative, Kerry?

Kerry was a weak candidate. But also know that Bush's disapproval rating sank over the past year. Last year when the election happened he got the slimmest of a majority.

The people that travel to your country are not representative of the voting population. Esp Bush supporters.

Last, figure each party's candidate will get 40% just for having a pulse, due to party loyalty.

This guy would like nothing better than to place listening devices and cameras in every home.

that's a joke, right? :S

Nope. I honestly believe that Bush and his kind are very dangerous. I do not consider him my president and would not go to war nor would I take a bullet for him. I flat out dispise him and his cronies.

I think your comments are quite ugly... As an American citizen, you accept the tenents of democracy and accept that sometimes you may not be part of the majority..but with that, your President is whoever is elected into office by the majority/greatest numbers of voters in America..and every 4 years you have the ability to vote him/her out of office to make clear your views. You also have the right to protest and disagree with the Administration's policies. However, whether you like it or not, as long as you are a citizen of the United States, he IS your president. Thats part of what being an American is. Otherwise, you can move to another country and live their good life.

Also, i think its very selfish for you to state emphatically that you would not go to war for our country. Think of all the thousands of people that protect our country so that you have the rights and freedoms that you do and so that you can continue to do the things you want to do. And lucky for you, lawmakers rid the U.S. of the mandatory draft, so that you don't have to think beyond your own self and put yourself in harm's way for others.

oh.. and by the way.. I didn't vote for Bush and I do not support many of his decisions, but he IS my president and i would go to war if our country needed me. I just find that there are more constructive ways that spouting venom.

I think your comments are quite ugly... As an American citizen, you accept the tenents of democracy and accept that sometimes you may not be part of the majority..but with that, your President is whoever is elected into office by the majority/greatest numbers of voters in America..and every 4 years you have the ability to vote him/her out of office to make clear your views. You also have the right to protest and disagree with the Administration's policies. However, whether you like it or not, as long as you are a citizen of the United States, he IS your president. Thats part of what being an American is. Otherwise, you can move to another country and live their good life.

Also, i think its very selfish for you to state emphatically that you would not go to war for our country. Think of all the thousands of people that protect our country so that you have the rights and freedoms that you do and so that you can continue to do the things you want to do. And lucky for you, lawmakers rid the U.S. of the mandatory draft, so that you don't have to think beyond your own self and put yourself in harm's way for others.

oh.. and by the way.. I didn't vote for Bush and I do not support many of his decisions, but he IS my president and i would go to war if our country needed me. I just find that there are more constructive ways that spouting venom.

George Bush is an idiot, but he's our idiot. Thank god he's already a lame duck (some mandate eh?). I wouldn't go to war for him, but I would for our country.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

No, I don't think he's an idiot. However, I do think there's a distinct difference between intelligence and wisdom.

I called him an idiot in my other post in this thread, but it was somewhat tongue-in-cheek. In all honesty, I don't think he meets the definition of an idiot, but I also do not consider him intelligent or wise.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

In all fairness, I do not like Clinton, PoppaBush, Reagan, Ford nor Nixon.

I can understand anyone's dislike of politicians. Calling him an idiot though... please... anybody calling him an idiot needs to take a good hard look at themselves and what they've accomplished in their own lives...

To reject Bush's education and business experience is just ignorant. I'm betting most of those calling him an idiot don't have a BS/BA, let alone an MBA. I'm betting those that criticize his business practices have never even held a management position in a corporation, let alone been a CEO.

Kallend mentioned 'average' Yale student. Average implies there were some higher, and some lower. He was far from the only one below the average...

As far as being 'accused' of insider trading... was he investigated? What was the outcome? I can accuse you of whatever I want, it doesn't mean there's any merit to it. The Clinton's were constantly being investigated for their business practices... privelege accompanies power, no doubt, but it's not unlimited, especially not with the Justice Department and SEC.

I flat out do not like Bush. He is anti-working man. Anti-union. He does not care for the poor, sick and dying.
He is a person to scorn. Not idolize and follow blindly.

You're obviously a Democrat! :D;)

Jeff
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

He's not the most "polished" public speaker;)

Which doesn't equate to being an idiot. Just means what you said.

50. "I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." —at the President's Economic Forum in Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

49. "We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease." —Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001

48. "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.'' —Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001

47. "We both use Colgate toothpaste." —after a reporter asked what he had in common with British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Camp David, Md., Feb. 23, 2001

46. "Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a — you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004 (Watch video)

45. "I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are probably read the news themselves." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 21, 2003

44. "I'm the commander — see, I don't need to explain — I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." —as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War

43. "I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport." —Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001

42. "The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to terrorize himself." —Grand Rapids, Mich., Jan. 29, 2003

41. "I saw a poll that said the right track/wrong track in Iraq was better than here in America. It's pretty darn strong. I mean, the people see a better future." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 23, 2004

40. "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." —discussing the Iraq war with Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson, as quoted by Robertson

39. "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." —presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004 (Watch video)

38. "Haven't we already given money to rich people? Why are we going to do it again?" —to economic advisers discussing a second round of tax cuts, as quoted by former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neil, Washington, D.C., Nov. 26, 2002

37. "We need an energy bill that encourages consumption." —Trenton, N.J., Sept. 23, 2002

36. "After standing on the stage, after the debates, I made it very plain, we will not have an all-volunteer army. And yet, this week — we will have an all-volunteer army!" —Daytona Beach, Fla., Oct. 16, 2004 (Watch video)

35. "Do you have blacks, too?" —to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

34. "This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." —as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002

33. "I got to know Ken Lay when he was head of the — what they call the Governor's Business Council in Texas. He was a supporter of Ann Richards in my run in 1994. And she had named him the head of the Governor's Business Council. And I decided to leave him in place, just for the sake of continuity. And that's when I first got to know Ken and worked with Ken." —attempting to distance himself from his biggest political patron, Enron Chairman Ken Lay, whom he nicknamed "Kenny Boy," Washington, D.C., Jan. 10, 2002

32. "It is white." —after being asked by a child in Britain what the White House was like, July 19, 2001

31. "I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah." —at a White House menorah lighting ceremony, Washington, D.C., Dec. 10, 2001

30. "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." —Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

29. "I don't know why you're talking about Sweden. They're the neutral one. They don't have an army." —during a Dec. 2002 Oval Office meeting with Rep. Tom Lantos, as reported by the New York Times

28. "You forgot Poland." —to Sen. John Kerry during the first presidential debate, after Kerry failed to mention Poland's contributions to the Iraq war coalition, Miami, Fla., Sept. 30, 2004

27. "I'm the master of low expectations." —aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

26. "I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things." —aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

25. "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe — I believe what I believe is right." —Rome, Italy, July 22, 2001

24. "We need to counter the shockwave of the evildoer by having individual rate cuts accelerated and by thinking about tax rebates." —Washington, D.C. Oct. 4, 2001

23. "People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002

22. "I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it…I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet….I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't — you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one." —President George W. Bush, after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made, Washington, D.C., April 3, 2004

21. "The really rich people figure out how to dodge taxes anyway." —explaining why high taxes on the rich are a failed strategy, Annandale, Va., Aug. 9, 2004

20. "My plan reduces the national debt, and fast. So fast, in fact, that economists worry that we're going to run out of debt to retire." —radio address, Feb. 24, 2001

19. "You know, when I was one time campaigning in Chicago, a reporter said, 'Would you ever have a deficit?' I said, 'I can't imagine it, but there would be one if we had a war, or a national emergency, or a recession.' Never did I dream we'd get the trifecta." —Houston, Texas, June 14, 2002 (There is no evidence Bush ever made any such statement, despite recounting the trifecta line repeatedly in 2002. A search by the Washington Post revealed that the three caveats were brought up before the 2000 campaign — by Al Gore.)

18. "See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction." —Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003

17. "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." —State of the Union Address, Jan. 28, 2003, making a claim that administration officials knew at the time to be false

16. "In Iraq, no doubt about it, it's tough. It's hard work. It's incredibly hard." —repeating the phrases "hard work," "working hard," "hard choices," and other "hard"-based verbiage 22 times in his first debate with Sen. John Kerry

15. "The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 13, 2001

14. "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." —Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

13. "But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me." —summing up his first year in office, three months after the 9/11 attacks, Washington, D.C., Dec. 20, 2001

12. "I try to go for longer runs, but it's tough around here at the White House on the outdoor track. It's sad that I can't run longer. It's one of the saddest things about the presidency." —interview with "Runners World," Aug. 2002

11. "Can we win? I don't think you can win it." —after being asked whether the war on terror was winnable, "Today" show interview, Aug. 30, 2004

10. "I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." —Washington, D.C. June 18, 2002

9. "I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job." —to a group of Amish he met with privately, July 9, 2004

8. "Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." —speaking underneath a "Mission Accomplished" banner aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, May 1, 2003

7. "We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories … And we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them." —Washington, D.C., May 30, 2003

6. "Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere!" —President George W. Bush, joking about his administration's failure to find WMDs in Iraq as he narrated a comic slideshow during the Radio & TV Correspondents' Association dinner, Washington, D.C., March 24, 2004

5. "If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000

4. "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002 (Watch video)

3. "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004 (Watch video)

2. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 (Watch video)

1. "My answer is bring them on." —on Iraqi insurgents attacking U.S. forces, Washington, D.C., July 3, 2003

Really????
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

He's not the most "polished" public speaker;)

Which doesn't equate to being an idiot. Just means what you said.

50. "I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." —at the President's Economic Forum in Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

49. "We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease." —Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001

48. "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.'' —Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001

47. "We both use Colgate toothpaste." —after a reporter asked what he had in common with British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Camp David, Md., Feb. 23, 2001

46. "Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a — you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004 (Watch video)

45. "I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are probably read the news themselves." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 21, 2003

44. "I'm the commander — see, I don't need to explain — I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." —as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War

43. "I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport." —Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001

42. "The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to terrorize himself." —Grand Rapids, Mich., Jan. 29, 2003

41. "I saw a poll that said the right track/wrong track in Iraq was better than here in America. It's pretty darn strong. I mean, the people see a better future." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 23, 2004

40. "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." —discussing the Iraq war with Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson, as quoted by Robertson

39. "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." —presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004 (Watch video)

38. "Haven't we already given money to rich people? Why are we going to do it again?" —to economic advisers discussing a second round of tax cuts, as quoted by former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neil, Washington, D.C., Nov. 26, 2002

37. "We need an energy bill that encourages consumption." —Trenton, N.J., Sept. 23, 2002

36. "After standing on the stage, after the debates, I made it very plain, we will not have an all-volunteer army. And yet, this week — we will have an all-volunteer army!" —Daytona Beach, Fla., Oct. 16, 2004 (Watch video)

35. "Do you have blacks, too?" —to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

34. "This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." —as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002

33. "I got to know Ken Lay when he was head of the — what they call the Governor's Business Council in Texas. He was a supporter of Ann Richards in my run in 1994. And she had named him the head of the Governor's Business Council. And I decided to leave him in place, just for the sake of continuity. And that's when I first got to know Ken and worked with Ken." —attempting to distance himself from his biggest political patron, Enron Chairman Ken Lay, whom he nicknamed "Kenny Boy," Washington, D.C., Jan. 10, 2002

32. "It is white." —after being asked by a child in Britain what the White House was like, July 19, 2001

31. "I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah." —at a White House menorah lighting ceremony, Washington, D.C., Dec. 10, 2001

30. "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." —Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

29. "I don't know why you're talking about Sweden. They're the neutral one. They don't have an army." —during a Dec. 2002 Oval Office meeting with Rep. Tom Lantos, as reported by the New York Times

28. "You forgot Poland." —to Sen. John Kerry during the first presidential debate, after Kerry failed to mention Poland's contributions to the Iraq war coalition, Miami, Fla., Sept. 30, 2004

27. "I'm the master of low expectations." —aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

26. "I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things." —aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

25. "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe — I believe what I believe is right." —Rome, Italy, July 22, 2001

24. "We need to counter the shockwave of the evildoer by having individual rate cuts accelerated and by thinking about tax rebates." —Washington, D.C. Oct. 4, 2001

23. "People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002

22. "I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it…I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet….I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't — you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one." —President George W. Bush, after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made, Washington, D.C., April 3, 2004

21. "The really rich people figure out how to dodge taxes anyway." —explaining why high taxes on the rich are a failed strategy, Annandale, Va., Aug. 9, 2004

20. "My plan reduces the national debt, and fast. So fast, in fact, that economists worry that we're going to run out of debt to retire." —radio address, Feb. 24, 2001

19. "You know, when I was one time campaigning in Chicago, a reporter said, 'Would you ever have a deficit?' I said, 'I can't imagine it, but there would be one if we had a war, or a national emergency, or a recession.' Never did I dream we'd get the trifecta." —Houston, Texas, June 14, 2002 (There is no evidence Bush ever made any such statement, despite recounting the trifecta line repeatedly in 2002. A search by the Washington Post revealed that the three caveats were brought up before the 2000 campaign — by Al Gore.)

18. "See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction." —Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003

17. "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." —State of the Union Address, Jan. 28, 2003, making a claim that administration officials knew at the time to be false

16. "In Iraq, no doubt about it, it's tough. It's hard work. It's incredibly hard." —repeating the phrases "hard work," "working hard," "hard choices," and other "hard"-based verbiage 22 times in his first debate with Sen. John Kerry

15. "The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 13, 2001

14. "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." —Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

13. "But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me." —summing up his first year in office, three months after the 9/11 attacks, Washington, D.C., Dec. 20, 2001

12. "I try to go for longer runs, but it's tough around here at the White House on the outdoor track. It's sad that I can't run longer. It's one of the saddest things about the presidency." —interview with "Runners World," Aug. 2002

11. "Can we win? I don't think you can win it." —after being asked whether the war on terror was winnable, "Today" show interview, Aug. 30, 2004

10. "I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." —Washington, D.C. June 18, 2002

9. "I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job." —to a group of Amish he met with privately, July 9, 2004

8. "Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." —speaking underneath a "Mission Accomplished" banner aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, May 1, 2003

7. "We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories … And we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them." —Washington, D.C., May 30, 2003

6. "Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere!" —President George W. Bush, joking about his administration's failure to find WMDs in Iraq as he narrated a comic slideshow during the Radio & TV Correspondents' Association dinner, Washington, D.C., March 24, 2004

5. "If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000

4. "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002 (Watch video)

3. "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004 (Watch video)

2. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 (Watch video)

1. "My answer is bring them on." —on Iraqi insurgents attacking U.S. forces, Washington, D.C., July 3, 2003

Really????

if someone followed me around all day long, quoting EVERY word I say, I am sure I would say some pretty inane things too -- and for what it's worth, my GPA and SATs are far higher than the President's.

I think your comments are quite ugly... As an

George Bush is an idiot, but he's our idiot. Thank god he's already a lame duck (some mandate eh?). I wouldn't go to war for him, but I would for our country.

Blues,
Dave

Thats what makes this country great --we love our idiots ;)

Thats part of what being an American is. Otherwise, you can move to another country and live their good life.

You're whole post is right on. People seem to want to reap the benefits of our country, but when it comes to supporting the fundamentals that made it great (not just under Bush), they don't want to do their part.

Must be nice being able to follow the rules that benefit you, but disavowing those you don't like. That's a respectable attitude....:|

John Kerry calls Bush his President. These people need to think about that.

Jeff

Thats part of what being an American is. Otherwise, you can move to another country and live their good life.

You're whole post is right on. People seem to want to reap the benefits of our country, but when it comes to supporting the fundamentals that made it great (not just under Bush), they don't want to do their part.

Must be nice being able to follow the rules that benefit you, but disavowing those you don't like. That's a respectable attitude....:|

John Kerry calls Bush his President. These people need to think about that.

Jeff

We have the freedom of speech, it doesn't say allowed to say what you wish as long as you agree with me last time I checked.

Also going to war to PROTECT your country is not what we did in Iraq.

Our president lied to us, didn’t we try to impeach and spend a lot of time and money on trying to impeach President Bill Clinton for getting a blowjob and lying about it?

Why is a lie, bad decision what ever you want to call it that has ended up in the death of more 30000 people not warrant the same action?

I will 2nd who ever said here that they would not fight the war in Iraq I wouldn’t either.

If someone attacks us or invades us (by us I do mean the United States of America. I realize some get confused easily) yes it is justified to go to war but this, this is not justified in my opinion.

I can not support a president that I do not trust or respect.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

<
Why is a lie, bad decision what ever you want to call it that has ended up in the death of more 30000 people not warrant the same action? >>

It's obviously just a maths problem.... They're just playing the numbers game.... 30,000(+) people versus 40 million sperms....:S Oh and lt's not forget ... they're Good Old American spermatozoa goddamit:D

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Jeff

The fundamentals that made make it great did do not include secret prisons, imprisonment without trial, torture, invading sovereign nations that do not pose any threat to us, or spying on the citizens without a warrant.

Try reading the Bill of Rights, it's really interesting.

Edited to change tense of verb.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The fundamentals that made it great did not include secret prisons, imprisonment without trial, torture, invading sovereign nations that do not pose any threat to us, or spying on the citizens without a warrant.

No spying without a warrant? Ahem...

November 20, 1775 - Continental Congress establishes a Committee to review intercepted
mail to determine who is authorized to conduct such operations.

No imprisonment without a trial?!?! Ahem...

July 6, 1798 - The Alien Enemies Act passed. This act made any aliens subject to arrest
during a time of war.

Invading sovereign nations that do not pose any threat to us? (I live in Florida, BTW).

15 January, 1811 - President Madison obtained secret Congressional approval for covert action to acquire the Florida’s.

I'm sure that in the day of amputations and leaches, prisoners were treated with kindness, dignity, and respect. Read about these country club prisons yourself...

http://militaryhistory.about.com/od/powcampsuscivilwar/

Again, in hindsite, I guess we can just selectively pick and choose what makes America great. I say you just pick all the 'good' events in history and use those to support your argument.... Bush is the only one who's done anything 'bad'...

Jeff