kallend

Bush admits 30,000 Iraqi deaths

I find it very hard to belive that for instance the UK would be first to invade Iraq, even though they are participating in this act not approved by the UN.
By the way, are you guys fighting "terrorist" in the land of Iraq? Aren`t you thinking of another country you are currently "helping"? I know, can`t be easy keeping track of every little country you bomb.
Sweden, among many countrys are not afraid of terrorist either. And we are currently contributing with forces busy cleaning up.
If you lived in a democracy that actually worked, I would blame your country. Now it`s down to one man.

I think that the you may want to check on your facts. First, not all 30K are civilian. That is an issue of equating all deaths as civilian.

You may want to do some actual research, Halabja alone was about 5K. So your comment makes no sense whatsoever. M original figure did not include the deaths caused to civilians during the Iran-Iraq war.

Shia news

Actual pics in one (site), exceeds 5K. Seems you have not actually seen a single one of them, have you?

Per the Washington Post (also only one site)

Just in one, investigators estimate 1500.

Archa
[url http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/809E8529-86DB-4A93-8AEA-21AED3A713B2.htm]Another source
, Al jazeera 15K in just two sites. Who figured? all these reference different sites. Imagine that. 4 sites out of the 200+ discovered and well over 5K. Mmmm.....

Carry on with US rant as usual.:S

Don't let the facts bother you.:|
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

By the way, are you guys fighting "terrorist" in the land of Iraq?

Insurgent kidnappers, suicide bombers, terrorists; for simplicity of the argument I consider them equal if not the same. Your choice of words doesn't affect the point I'm making... Look at the map on that link. Notice anything many (not all) of the non-supporting countries have in common? Many of them are already fighting insurgencies/wars of their own. [:/]

I know, can`t be easy keeping track of every little country you bomb.

I know, it can't be easy sitting on your butt while others work to secure the future of freedom and democracy. If people like you ran the country, Europe would be speaking German, Jews would be nearly extinct, Hawaii would be a Japanese island, and the Alaskan pipeline would lead to Russia (why pay for what you can have for free?).

Damn us Americans for coming to the aid of other countries in their time of need! We're such aweful people... The world would be such a better place if we would have just minded our own business... Hitler and Saddam Hussein, maybe they weren't such bad people. As for the genocide and executions under those leaders... the victims and their families probably deserved it - we should've looked the other way. Who are we to help those less fortunate... [/sarcasm] [:/]

Jeff
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

I know, can`t be easy keeping track of every little country you bomb.

Considering that Iraq is bigger that Sweden, that statement out of context.
I tell you what I find more difficult to keep track, the bank accounts that switzerland took from Jewish murdered in Nazi occupied Europe. Talk about prompt service or better yet, deservice. Only took over 60 years to be listened, and now that you are "pissed" you expect prompt service.:P

Sweden, among many countrys are not afraid of terrorist either. And we are currently contributing with forces busy cleaning up.

I think most countries are afraid of terrorism, being afraid is not bad, doing nothing about is, is really bad.

If you lived in a democracy that actually worked, I would blame your country. Now it`s down to one man.

Never fails european love for the US.....
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Do you honestly believe that the US public would have supported this invasion if Bush had told the truth in January/February 2003 instead of the fiction in the SOTU?

The truth is: Iraq had no WMD program, contrary to Bush's claim

Iraq had no active nuclear program, contrary to Bush's claim

Iraq was not involved in 9/11, contrary to Bush's and Cheney's claims.

Iraq could not threaten the USA with UAVs, contrary to Bush's claims.

Those trying to justify the invasion now on the basis that Saddam was a nasty guy with bad intentions simply look like hypocrites. There is NO WAY IN HELL the public would have gone along with this war if the truth had been told.

This who object to other nations having WMD should remember that the US used biological warfare in its conquest of the Indian nations, it used chemical warfare in WW1, it used nuclear warfare in WWII and still maintains a HUGE nuclear arsenal. The USA does not have any moral authority to criticize other nations.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

i missed this one.. and its got to be the most easily debunked claims about.. do you have a link to his statement about this one?

You write about "terrorist" as in suicide bombers and kidnappers. They are fighting a war, just as America is. I don`t know if you heard of Guantanamo? I have seen how your military prisons abroad work, the pictures taken by guards torturing men and posing happily next to them.
Now, your freedom is not for everybody and your democracy does not work. So go secure freedom in your own country for starters, because there are a lot of people in need of economical help there.

Okay, saddam hussein beeing an awful dictator. But how many of those are there right now in African countries? Why is it not interesting to invade those countries?

About Hitler, that is a totally different story and does not justify every war America vage. If you don`t make any difference between wars and see them as seperate acts, then I`m scared.

Of course Sweden are passive in a war that we don`t approve of. Do not confuse neutrality with lazyness.

I think that the you may want to check on your facts. First, not all 30K are civilian. That is an issue of equating all deaths as civilian.

You said, and I quote you: "How about the over 350K found in Mass graves". The only source you have that mentions a number near that (300k+) is a Shia newspaper article written in 2003. A figure which has subsequently been discredited.

i missed this one.. and its got to be the most easily debunked claims about.. do you have a link to his statement about this one?

here's a good place to start:
www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/08/28/iraq/main570588.shtml

(AP) Huddled over a fleet of abandoned Iraqi drones, U.S. weapons experts in Baghdad came to one conclusion: Despite the Bush administration's public assertions, these unmanned aerial vehicles weren't designed to dispense biological or chemical weapons.

The evidence gathered this summer matched the dissenting views of Air Force intelligence analysts who argued in a national intelligence assessment of Iraq before the war that the remotely piloted planes were unarmed reconnaissance drones.

In building its case for war, senior Bush administration officials had said Iraq's drones were intended to deliver unconventional weapons. Secretary of State Colin Powell even raised the alarming prospect that the pilotless aircraft could sneak into the United States to carry out poisonous attacks on American cities.

Here's what Bush said:

We've also discovered through intelligence that Iraq has a growing fleet of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles that could be used to disperse chemical or biological weapons across broad areas. We're concerned that Iraq is exploring ways of using these UAVS for missions targeting the United States. G.W.B. Oct. 7, 2002, Cincinnati, OH

Here's what Bush said:

We've also discovered through intelligence that Iraq has a growing fleet of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles that could be used to disperse chemical or biological weapons across broad areas. We're concerned that Iraq is exploring ways of using these UAVS for missions targeting the United States. G.W.B. Oct. 7, 2002, Cincinnati, OH

So you are saying it would be impossible for a terrorist inside the US to fly a UAV filled with anthrax and release it over a city? I suppose thats as hard to believe as somebody using the mail to send anthrax.

Here's what Bush said:

So you are saying it would be impossible for a terrorist inside the US to fly a UAV filled with anthrax and release it over a city? I suppose thats as hard to believe as somebody using the mail to send anthrax.

I'm sure a terrorist could do that - most model airplane builders (myself included) could do that if they had the anthrax. What does it have to do with Iraq's non- weaponized UAV program and non-existent WMDs? You insist on perpetuating an AQ-Iraq link which even Bush now admits didn't exist.

Policy revisionism by innuendo.

Here's what Bush said:

I'm sure a terrorist could do that - most model airplane builders (myself included) could do that if they had the anthrax. What does it have to do with Iraq's non- weaponized UAV program and non-existent WMDs? You insist on perpetuating an AQ-Iraq link which even Bush now admits didn't exist.

Policy revisionism by innuendo.

The key word here being "could." I suppose now you are going to try and convice us an unknown terrorist was able to get anthrax and send it through the mail but that SH couldn't easily obtain it? What color did you say those len's are in your world?

I expect Saddam could have gone to the Moon if he'd been able to get hold of a Saturn V. Your argument is silly, Iraq had no capability to do what Bush scaremongered us with. It was just one more statement designed to mislead.

Post some facts instead of a 100% bashing viewpoint. How many were killed by US troops vs. them killing each other because of religous difference. How many were killed in an equal time period previous to the invasion...do we care, does that make a difference...who knows. Last time I checked, even Nancy P. and MANY of her associates made the mistake of saying there were WMD's. Seems to make no difference...dem-dummie or repuke, they all lie and have tunnel vision viewpoints.

Post some facts instead of a 100% bashing viewpoint. How many were killed by US troops vs. them killing each other because of religous difference. How many were killed in an equal time period previous to the invasion...do we care, does that make a difference...who knows. Last time I checked, even Nancy P. and MANY of her associates made the mistake of saying there were WMD's. Seems to make no difference...dem-dummie or repuke, they all lie and have tunnel vision viewpoints.

I quoted what the President said. I can certainly understand why you would not believe it factual.

Just more banter from extreme left ideals, just as usless as the extreme right. You quote the press releases, you need to quote Nancy P., Kerry and the others at the same time based on the belief of WMD's.

Besides, do you have any solutions, or do you just rant and rave about your view of wrong?

Just more banter from extreme left ideals, just as usless as the extreme right. You quote the press releases, you need to quote Nancy P., Kerry and the others at the same time based on the belief of WMD's.

Besides, do you have any solutions, or do you just rant and rave about your view of wrong?

By who's authority do you tell me who to quote? You quote who you like, I will quote who I like.

In this case I quoted the President. As you previously pointed out, the President's statements are often contary to the facts.

If you have been paying attention, you will have read my solutions many times.

I have no more authority than you to say who when or where to quote anything, just pointing out you quote ONLY Bush but never have anything about the left QUOTES that were almost word for word to Bush mans statements. The difference IMHO, the left made an about face much sooner than the right.

As long as the the extreme right AND left can keep citizens thinking they differ on almost everything, only the powers that be win...just an opinion.

I wonder if he would feel the same if the 30000 or more killed were his family members or Americans.

If we had done nothing, the body count from continued terrorist attacks might have reached that high. As it is, over the past couple decades, several thousand American civilians have already lost their lives. I for one, do not care to sit still for that.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Iraq had no WMD program, contrary to Bush's claim

Based on past intelligence reports, U.N. weapons inspectors had asked the Iraqis about such labs. "There were a number of trucks that they showed to us and they had pictures of. But these do not correspond to the ones that are now published by the coalition. They are different," Mr. Blix said.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20030529-122922-6267r.htm

Iraq had no active nuclear program, contrary to Bush's claim

Until 1995, Iraq denied having had any serious intention of building nuclear weapons, despite abundant evidence to the contrary uncovered by Action Team investigations. Then, after Hussein Kamel, Saddam's son-in-law and head of the Ministry of Industry and Military Industrialization, defected in August 1995, his revelations about the scope and intensity of the nuclear weapons program threatened the credibility of the government's denial.

http://www.thebulletin.org/article.php?art_ofn=so98hamza

Iraq was not involved in 9/11, contrary to Bush's and Cheney's claims.

"We learned more and more that there was a relationship between Iraq and Al Qaeda that stretched back through most of the decade of the '90s; that it involved training, for example, on [biological warfare] and [chemical warfare]; that Al Qaeda sent personnel to Baghdad to get trained on the systems, and involved the Iraqis providing bomb-making expertise and advice to the Al Qaeda organization."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,97527,00.html

There is NO WAY IN HELL the public would have gone along with this war if the truth had been told.

Thank God our administration is wise enough to 'never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.'

I'm curious, what's your opinion on why we went to war?

Jeff
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

Thank God our administration is wise talented enough to 'never underestimate leverage the power of stupid people in large groups.'

:)

which used to be the sole domain of the left, now everybody's doing it - makes for good popcorn eatin' it does.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants