masterblaster72

Shocker: Oil Execs Met With Cheney's 2001 Energy Task Force / Venezuela's Chavez

Here

Gee, I wonder whose side DICK is on.

And coincidentally, Chavez will provide discount oil to poor families in Massachussetts

The agreement gives President Hugo Chavez's government standing as a provider of heating assistance to poor U.S. residents at a time when U.S. oil companies have been reluctant to do so and Congress has failed to expand aid in response to rising oil prices.

So f.cking sad that our "Christian" administration bitches as much as it does about Chavez, does nothing about oil prices while letting the fat cats rip off the public and get fatter, providing Chavez the perfect opportunity to make complete asses of us.

Three more LONG, LONG years to go....

P.S. A big YAWN in advance to the typical, canned Taxachussetts/Kennedy/pinko commie rhetoric

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Here

Gee, I wonder whose side DICK is on.

And coincidentally, Chavez will provide discount oil to poor families in Massachussetts

The agreement gives President Hugo Chavez's government standing as a provider of heating assistance to poor U.S. residents at a time when U.S. oil companies have been reluctant to do so and Congress has failed to expand aid in response to rising oil prices.

So f.cking sad that our "Christian" administration bitches as much as it does about Chavez, does nothing about oil prices while letting the fat cats rip off the public and get fatter, providing Chavez the perfect opportunity to make complete asses of us.

Three more LONG, LONG years to go....

P.S. A big YAWN in advance to the typical, canned Taxachussetts/Kennedy/pinko commie rhetoric

Oh, you don't want us to bring up The Arctic Oil Company owned by the Kennedys? Gee why not? Seems to me the great Senator could at least contribute something to his own underprivileged constituents. I mean just something to prove how much he cares. Maybe he can't do it since the Senator converted Kenoil and Mokeen Oil to Royaly Trusts to avoid paying any corporate or "windfall" taxes.

Oh, you don't want us to bring up The Arctic Oil Company owned by the Kennedys? Gee why not? Seems to me the great Senator could at least contribute something to his own underprivileged constituents. I mean just something to prove how much he cares. Maybe he can't do it since the Senator converted Kenoil and Mokeen Oil to Royaly Trusts to avoid paying any corporate or "windfall" taxes.

For fucks sake start thinking about issues without thinking how you can bash the left.

For fucks sake start thinking about issues without thinking how you can bash the left.

Oh, I am. I'm thinking "why can't the Kennedys help out the people of Massachusetts. The same people who have elected him and his agenda for so many years?"

You think thats an unreasonable thing to think?

Oh, I am. I'm thinking "why can't the Kennedys help out the people of Massachusetts. The same people who have elected him and his agenda for so many years?"

You compare Chavez with the resources of one of the largest oil producing nations in the world who provide 15% of US oil with a private family and you think it is reasonable, do you really expect anyone to believe that you were not just having a bash at the lefties, give me a fucking break. :S

You compare Chavez with the resources of one of the largest oil producing nations in the world who provide 15% of US oil with a private family and you think it is reasonable, do you really expect anyone to believe that you were not just having a bash at the lefties, give me a fucking break. :S

Of course I was having a little bash at the Kennedys. :ph34r:
This is SC after all, it's what we do here. It's all in good fun. Don't take it so seriously, it could get you banned.

You think just because Chavez has greater resources than the Kennedys that excuses them from making any contribution? After all the voters of Mass. have done for the Kennedys over the years, don't you think they could show some gratitude by kicking up a little oil from their vast empire? :ph34r:

"So f.cking sad that our "Christian" administration bitches as much as it does about Chavez, does nothing about oil prices while letting the fat cats rip off the public and get fatter, providing Chavez the perfect opportunity to make complete asses of us. "

I'm surprised your surprised, thats capitalism baby.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Getting back from GM's unsubtle diversionary tactic:

"A White House document shows that executives from big oil companies met with Vice President Cheney's energy task force in 2001 -- something long suspected by environmentalists but denied as recently as last week by industry officials testifying before Congress.

The document, obtained this week by The Washington Post, shows that officials from Exxon Mobil Corp., Conoco (before its merger with Phillips), Shell Oil Co. and BP America Inc. met in the White House complex with the Cheney aides who were developing a national energy policy, parts of which became law and parts of which are still being debated."

Seems that hanging around the White House makes liars out of everybody. Must be something in the air.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>but denied as recently as last week by industry officials testifying before Congress.

Hmm. Lucky the congresswoman who requested they be placed under oath was shouted down, or they would now be in trouble. And then someone's stock might go down. And we can't have that.

Of course I was having a little bash at the Kennedys.
This is SC after all, it's what we do here. It's all in good fun. Don't take it so seriously, it could get you banned.

You think just because Chavez has greater resources than the Kennedys that excuses them from making any contribution? After all the voters of Mass. have done for the Kennedys over the years, don't you think they could show some gratitude by kicking up a little oil from their vast empire?

I don't much care about the Kennedys either.

How do you feel about the news of Cheney's task force and the involvement of oil executives in light of their coincidental record profits?

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Getting back from GM's unsubtle diversionary tactic:

"A White House document shows that executives from big oil companies met with Vice President Cheney's energy task force in 2001 -- something long suspected by environmentalists but denied as recently as last week by industry officials testifying before Congress.

The document, obtained this week by The Washington Post, shows that officials from Exxon Mobil Corp., Conoco (before its merger with Phillips), Shell Oil Co. and BP America Inc. met in the White House complex with the Cheney aides who were developing a national energy policy, parts of which became law and parts of which are still being debated."

Seems that hanging around the White House makes liars out of everybody. Must be something in the air.

What a radical idea, actually confering with the people in the oil business about what can be done to formulate our National Energy Policy. Why that's almost as outrageous as confering with construction companies, Fire Depts., and concrete companies, engineers etc. about how best to formulate building codes. I'm sure these issues would be best left up to politicians who have no knowledge, than to actually confer with those who do. :S

Of course I was having a little bash at the Kennedys.

You think just because Chavez has greater resources than the Kennedys that excuses them from making any contribution? After all the voters of Mass. have done for the Kennedys over the years, don't you think they could show some gratitude by kicking up a little oil from their vast empire?

I don't much care about the Kennedys either.

How do you feel about the news of Cheney's task force and the involvement of oil executives in light of their coincidental record profits?

The price of oil is set by supply and demand. Oil Companies are in business to make a profit. When demand is high and supplys are at risk as they were after Katrina, the price is going to go up. As the demand drops off and the supply is less at risk, the price drops as we are seeing it do now. It's not just oil companies, making record profits for their investors, it happens with any business.

Have you seen Apple Computers profits lately? I mean $300. for an Ipod? PLus the costs for all the accessories? What a rip off.

>What a radical idea, actually confering with the people in the oil
>business about what can be done to formulate our National Energy Policy.

So why do you suppose both sides lied about it?

I'm not sure yet they did. I do remember back in 2001 there were some questions about who Cheney meet with and the response at the time was "none of your business".

That doesn't necessarily mean there was anything untenable. Sometimes you have to promise anonymity to get the information you are looking for. I'm witholding judgement until I hear more.

>What a radical idea, actually confering with the people in the oil
>business about what can be done to formulate our National Energy Policy.

So why do you suppose both sides lied about it?

I'm not sure yet they did. .

Could'a been "bad intel"? Or maybe just "miscalculation". They seem to be the right's favorite excuses for veracity challenged statements.

That doesn't necessarily mean there was anything untenable. Sometimes you have to promise anonymity to get the information you are looking for. I'm witholding judgement until I hear more.

Promise anominity about our National Energy Policy? Is there some classified information there I am unaware of?

If the government is using outside sources to create a national policy for our energy consumption, usage, and control, as a citizen, I want and demand to know those sources.

On a general side note: Also interesting that while Big Tobacco and MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL had to swear into their Congressional hearings, Big Oil avoided that. Gee, why would they not have to swear in when Mark McGwire did? I guess truth in baseball is so much more important. :S
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

>I'm not sure yet they did.

Now wait a minute. You just said that you thought it made sense to confer with oil executives when formulating national energy policy. But Cheney said they didn't do that. And the oil companies said they didn't do that. So either:

a) they DIDN'T meet with them, and your original statement doesn't really make any sense, or

b) they DID meet with them and lied about it.

c) all the people involved (5 I believe) 'accidentally misspoke.'

d) It wasn't a meeting about the energy policy, it was about freeing the people of Iraq, and anyone who suggests otherwise is a revisionist historian.

As far as the oil companies sending consultants to an Energy Policy meeting, no problem. Can't hurt to have someone who knows what they're talking about. I don't see the need to be shady about it though. From the article, it looks like the CEO's probably didn't really know a whole lot about it since all the people in the meetings seemed like lower level managers. But hey, it could be part of THE CONSPIRACY.

As far as Chavez's "humanitarian" aid to the poor people of MA... this is a purely political gesture by Chavez to make himself seem like a man for the poor of the world. Meanwhile his country is exploding with poverty and crime that wasn't seen before he came to office. This is a pure political punch to the US, and the fuckwits in the MA gov't have just fallen for it. They literally are "tools" now, being used for political hay for the most recent South American dictator. This offer for help should have been turned down just as his offer for bottled water and free Lasik (?) was turned down for the poor black folks from Louisiana.
Oh, hello again!

>I'm not sure yet they did.

Now wait a minute. You just said that you thought it made sense to confer with oil executives when formulating national energy policy. But Cheney said they didn't do that. And the oil companies said they didn't do that. So either:

a) they DIDN'T meet with them, and your original statement doesn't really make any sense, or

b) they DID meet with them and lied about it.

c) all the people involved (5 I believe) 'accidentally misspoke.'

d) It wasn't a meeting about the energy policy, it was about freeing the people of Iraq, and anyone who suggests otherwise is a revisionist historian.

I said it made sense. I didn't say I knew that's what they did and at this point, neither do you.

I said it made sense. I didn't say I knew that's what they did and at this point, neither do you.

Exactly and until the government tells you the truth, don't you worry abouta thing....:P

Oh, like that's going to happen anytime soon. I don't think Cheney would know the truth if it bit him in the arse.