rhys

i'm NOT christian... and proud of it!!!

almost 40 million poeple are infected with Aids many of them due to the Catholic churches prohibition of condoms.

I'm not sure whether to :D or [:/].

When I think about the Vatican's staggeringly brazen lies on the subject I feel exactly the same way, except without the option of laughing.:|
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

When I think about the Vatican's staggeringly brazen lies on the subject I feel exactly the same way, except without the option of laughing.

Well, I don't know anything about the Vatican and it's alleged lies (or anything else). But the idea of blaming Rome for incidences of sexually-transmitted AIDS or any other STD is pretty sad.
Blue skies & happy jitters ~Mockingbird
"Why is there something rather than nothing?"

When I think about the Vatican's staggeringly brazen lies on the subject I feel exactly the same way, except without the option of laughing.

Well, I don't know anything about the Vatican and it's alleged lies (or anything else). But the idea of blaming Rome for incidences of sexually-transmitted AIDS or any other STD is pretty sad.

When people in South Africa prematurely die of AIDS symptoms because they have been taking wild garlic and sweet potatoes instead of HIV medication then its fair to blame the SA Health minister for spouting such absolute garbage.

When the Vatican uses its huge influence in high risk areas to stop people from using condoms, and spreads deliberate lies and junk science about the efficacy of condoms in preventing HIV transmission then it is fair to blame them as well.

hey hairy--why does it bother you so much that I believe in Jesus? What's going to happen to me if I keep believing in Him, when He is supposedly nothing? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???

Why do you try so adamantly to convince me, and other Christians...that Jesus is a myth? There is no reason to!

Of course, satan would like everyone to believe that Jesus is a myth---then they can live their lives without knowing the power of God and the power of the cross in their lives.[:/]

And there you have it ;)
If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

hey hairy--why does it bother you so much that I believe in Jesus? What's going to happen to me if I keep believing in Him, when He is supposedly nothing? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???

Why do you try so adamantly to convince me, and other Christians...that Jesus is a myth? There is no reason to!

Of course, satan would like everyone to believe that Jesus is a myth---then they can live their lives without knowing the power of God and the power of the cross in their lives.[:/]

And there you have it ;)

Collective hallucinations?

It is interesting how christians and other religons seem to judge others before themselves.

I see christians trying to be holier than thou but then being violent and greedy at the same time.I find christianity to be totally disrespectful to the existence that we owe our lives to.

christianity is a fairytale, open your eyes fools!

no Christmas for you :|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Collective hallucinations?

Now, minimizing other people's spiritual experiences and referring to them as hallucinations isn't very polite. I mean, how do YOU know that her relationship with God isn't real?

Catholicism(spelling?) is small in South Africa. Mostly whites. The predominantly poor black sufferers of HIV/AIDS are members of the Zionist Church. Dunno how the Pope would affect them. I am quite sure most of them have never heard of him.

Not commenting on the effectiveness of condoms, but the hiv virus is significantly smaller than the pores of a condom.
"In one way or the other, I'm a bad brother. Word to the motherf**ker." Eazy-E

Catholicism(spelling?) is small in South Africa. Mostly whites. The predominantly poor black sufferers of HIV/AIDS are members of the Zionist Church. Dunno how the Pope would affect them. I am quite sure most of them have never heard of him.

Jack's point was that in SA's case the Health (sic) Minister must take a lot of blame for spouting the garbage that she does - nothing at all to do with Catholicism or the Pope. And Jack is quite correct too.

As Errol pointed out I was using SA's health minister to draw a comparison, not saying that SA was Catholic. There are other parts of Africa where Catholicism has massive followings.

Not commenting on the effectiveness of condoms, but the hiv virus is significantly smaller than the pores of a condom.

There is a unanimous consensus between all 5 major world health organisations that properly used condoms block the transmission of HIV. That the Vatican tries to tell people this is not so in order to shore up their outdated morality is absolutely disgusting.

Inferring that I'm doing the work of Satan isn't very polite either.

She infredre that yuo delivre gifts to little childner all aronud the wrold?

That soudns kinda ncie.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

True, but I don't really think she meant to imply that you were.

Besides, Satan doesn't need you specifically; he can use practically anything to his advantage to further his cause, which, as she said, is to keep people from Christ. He could even use the foibles of a professing Christian like me!! But then this is a whole other topic.

I guess I probably shouldn't speak for her, tho', as to what she meant. So I'll stop.

:)

She infredre that yuo delivre gifts to little childner all aronud the wrold?

That soudns kinda ncie.

I get paid in brandy and christmas pudding, it's a decent gig

Hopefully I can be promoted to the southern hemisphere soon - it gets cold up here!

There is a unanimous consensus between all 5 major world health organisations that properly used condoms block the transmission of HIV. That the Vatican tries to tell people this is not so in order to shore up their outdated morality is absolutely disgusting.

But the quesiton might be: is the Vatican's morality "outdated"? From society's viewpoint, probably Yes. But from the viewpoint that, to them, really counts, No.

Now, as for what they tell people, I've also heard doctors interviewed on various news shows and documentaries say that condoms help a great deal, but they aren't foolproof, even in the most careful hands; so you can't say they are 100% trustworthy. I noted that you said "properly used"--- but that's asking a LOT from some people!! Also, they need to be properly made, properly stored, etc., etc., etc. So in the end, they may or may not succeed in doing their job. The best solution to AIDS and other STDs is abstinence; i.e., married sex only... 'course getting past the point where even a marriage partner can be considered completely safe may take a generation or two. But frankly, at this point, there are probably so many carriers of STDs that it's pointless to aim for a comeback for the sexual health we enjoyed up til the late 20th century. At least generally.

Yes, abstinence (including from the spouse) really is the only way to ensure sexual health.

But if we only provide a pathway to a perfect, but unrealistic, single goal, we make it harder for incremental improvements to happen.

After all, brakes aren't 100% effective, they can fail, and they can be misused. The only way to prevent car crashes is not to go into cars.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The best solution to AIDS and other STDs is abstinence; i.e., married sex only....

Abstinence is abstinence, not "married only" sex. You know, like in ABSTAIN. I doubt it will prove to be very popular.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The best solution to AIDS and other STDs is abstinence; i.e., married sex only....

Abstinence is abstinence, not "married only" sex. You know, like in ABSTAIN. I doubt it will prove to be very popular.

isn't "abstinance" and "sex after marriage" redundant?

:P:P:P:S:S:D:|[:/]

;)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I noted that you said "properly used"--- but that's asking a LOT from some people!! Also, they need to be properly made, properly stored, etc., etc., etc.

Abstinence is asking far, far more.

What the Vatican has told people is that condoms are unable to stop the transmission of AIDS full stop. They're lying and its killing people.

isn't "abstinance" and "sex after marriage" redundant?

:P:P:P:S:S:D:|[:/]

;)

Not necessarily. You can have sex again after divorce.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

But if we only provide a pathway to a perfect, but unrealistic, single goal, we make it harder for incremental improvements to happen.

Are you saying that marital-sex-only is an unrealistic goal?

I noted that you said "properly used"--- but that's asking a LOT from some people!! Also, they need to be properly made, properly stored, etc., etc., etc.

Abstinence is asking far, far more.

Expecting abstinence until marriage didn't use to be asking or expecting too much from people! When society started telling people, "If it feels good, do it," self-control and sexual integrity went out the window. The results-- huge increase in std's, AIDS, heartache, distrust. It could be so much better than this.

What the Vatican has told people is that condoms are unable to stop the transmission of AIDS full stop. They're lying and its killing people.

I think it's worse to tell people you can trust condoms 100% and give them a false sense of security.

(I'm not willing or able to discuss any specifics concerning the Vatican. I'm not Catholic and I think the concept of safe sex and marital fidelity is more important than who-said-what.)