Steel

Re: [Luv2Fall] Are you attracted to a certain race or ethnicity

Whats funny is when a team of Japanese engineers apologize for not remembering your name as us Americans all look the same.

Mostly I get remembered for my goatee, which is unusual in japan if you're a girl.

Apparently.

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

I'm sure you're intelligent enough to realize that they don't really all look alike. That in fact, people of other races are as varied as whites. The difference is they vary in different specific features than whites. Whites are conditioned to notice the specific features that vary in whites. Asians are conditioned to notice the features that vary in asians, etc. We look as alike to them as they look to us.

ame with chinese and japs, the men and women have similar looking faces

Been to China or Japan lately?

forget that, try California. Urban dwellers not willing to date yellow or brown have dramatically reduced their dating pool.

Perhaps, Frenchy's post had a different meaning:

Of course, Japanese are not looking like Koreans (BTW: Tell a Japanese he looks like a Korean: He will kill "you" instantly!), Chinese look different, Asian faces show so many differences. You will see that when living there for a longer period. I've been in the FE for years.

Same refers to "black" people. The shapes of their faces, noses, lips, all varies. Just like our pale white faces. :S

It's really surprising to read a trash like artistcalledian's comment on Asian and black people. :| (Most of) his posts are trash.

:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

His·pan·ic -
Of or relating to a Spanish-speaking people or culture.

Etnicity- Of or relating to a sizable group of people sharing a common and distinctive racial, national, religious, linguistic, or cultural heritage.

You just can't seem to understand that its not an Ethnic background or RACE.

Again I ask...how is the highlighted part not the same??

Actually I read it as an "and" instead of an "or". That was my bad.
Still, the definition has been altered to please certain people and I think that is not right. The word "Hispanic" comes from the word Spain. Kind of how "Anglican" comes from England. You can alter definitions as much as you want but it will not change when people do NOT have common ancestry or culture.

If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

Still, the definition has been altered to please certain people

Really...or is it that your understanding of the definition is altered now that you've got the "and" and the "or" in the right place. When did the definition change, and who changed it? What was it before? Have a source?

You can alter definitions as much as you want but it will not change when people do NOT have common ancestry or culture.

Spain and mexico both speak Spanish, have bull fights, flamenco dancing, siestas, strong catholic heritage. Hmmm....seems like some commonalities in language and culture to me.

ame with chinese and japs, the men and women have similar looking faces

Been to China or Japan lately?

forget that, try California. Urban dwellers not willing to date yellow or brown have dramatically reduced their dating pool.

Perhaps, Frenchy's post had a different meaning:

Of course, Japanese are not looking like Koreans (BTW: Tell a Japanese he looks like a Korean: He will kill "you" instantly!), Chinese look different, Asian faces show so many differences. You will see that when living there for a longer period. I've been in the FE for years.

Same refers to "black" people. The shapes of their faces, noses, lips, all varies. Just like our pale white faces. :S

It's really surprising to read a trash like artistcalledian's comment on Asian and black people. :| (Most of) his posts are trash.

:|

i just dont agree with you, but i respect your opinion

Really...or is it that your understanding of the definition is altered now that you've got the "and" and the "or" in the right place. When did the definition change, and who changed it? What was it before? Have a source?

Definitions change daily. Do a search on it online and find out who writes the dictionaries. If I had more time I would find it for you but I am leaving now.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

ethnic
c.1375, from Scottish, "heathen, pagan," and having that sense first in Eng., from Gk. ta ethne, used in Septuagint translation to render Heb. goyim, pl. of goy "nation," especially of non-Israelites, hence "Gentile nation." Ta ethne is from Gk. ethnos "band of people living together, nation, people," prop. “people of one's own kind,” from PIE *swedh-no-, suffixed form of base *s(w)e- (see idiom). Sense of "peculiar to a race or nation" is 1851, return to the word's original meaning; that of "different cultural groups" is 1935; and that of "racial, cultural or national minority group" is Amer.Eng. 1945. Ethnicity is from 1953; ethnic cleansing is from 1991.

Well as of 1935 ethnic had to do with "culture"...seems the word ethnicity came about in 1953 and hasn't changed since. Nice cop out though.

Definitions change daily. Do a search on it online and find out who writes the dictionaries. If I had more time I would find it for you but I am leaving now.

Definitions are not changed...just added onto because people end up using terms differently such as slang. As I am sure you know, there are many different things you could say in spanish that some would take offense too while others use it as an everyday term.
F LORIDA!

something along the lines of the word 'hispanic' not meaning what everyone thinks it means. Which rates up with 'the worlds perception of america is flawed' on the 'things that cause a normal brain to implode' scale.

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

he's always arguing exactly the same point with it each time.

Is that the point about Spaniards of pure white christian blood not being as lowly as mongrel latinos in the new world?

Next thing you know, someone will have us believe that someone from Chechnya is Caucasian.:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

he's always arguing exactly the same point with it each time.

Is that the point about Spaniards of pure white christian blood not being as lowly as mongrel latinos in the new world?

Next thing you know, someone will have us believe that someone from Chechnya is Caucasian.:|

nah, they're just russian ;)

i didn't want to make that sound as though i have anything against races, i don't. its just that i don't find other races atrractive at all. I'm sure there are loads of blacks that don't find whites attractive

it makes me laugh though that you get some white people who will only date blacks (either way round on the sexes) as if they are more trying to make a statement of how "pc" they are, than actually just going out with who they fancy

So you only date white women, because any otehr woman is not attractive to you...which you are perfectly fine with.

But, if some one decided (equally asinine in my book) that they only find black women attractive, it is because they want to be PC?

Yup, that makes perfect sense....:S

Hey Steel, have a bit of a heritage inferiority complex? Maybe nothing about your heritage is worth remembering, so that's why you have to keep explaining it......

But it annoys me when liberals try to suggest its the moral thing to do.

I think this is a very VERY small subset of the population (the effete selfcongratulatory snobs) that most everyday types wouldn't relate to anyway. These guys base every single personal decision on political statements - they are idiots.

Most "people" don't much care, but there are subsets that do.

Personally, it shouldn't matter, but the most attractive women in my mind are usually a cross of white/asian heritage. Other regions (such as Indian) it seems there's not a middle ground to me, either superHOT or fugly - but that's probably more me not having enough exposure to be aware of the range of attractiveness that's in every race. I see a wide range of attractiveness in white women (my race) but I've been exposed to many - there it mainly comes to down to fitness rather than features lately.

Big question - so what? It's like prefering blonds or something. Nothing really wrong with it, but nothing really noble about mixing it or not mixing it either unless the underlying reason is something other than physical attraction - then it's just a waste of energy and unnecessary restriction of your options.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants