Black Woman Executed in Texas

offenders are put to death as a direct consequence of taking another human life

What are these babies being killed for?

Do you feel that people who either get or perform an abortion are "taking another human life", and should therefore be executed?

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

***Actually, malicious roughly translate to having the intention to do harm. It is hard to argue that someone killing someone else on purpose has no intention to do harm.

I do understand what you are trying to say. Maybe I can use an illustration to better explain my point.

When the term "murder" is used, it is often followed by "in cold blood". The victim did nothing to deserve what they got. Their death was not a "consequence" of something they did...and the person murdering them did it INTENTIONALLY.

When someone is executed, they aren't just being killed for no good reason. They are paying the price for their previous acts. Same thing with killing in self-defense; I may intend to kill someone who is threatening my life, but I would absolutely do that person no harm if they weren't threatening me, and I would likely have some serious emotional problems if I ever had to do that. In other words, for it to be murder, it has to be INTENTIONAL and for no good reason.

I hope this makes a little more sense.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

***Do you feel that people who either get or perform an abortion are "taking another human life", and should therefore be executed?

Frenchy,

You make a very interesting point. Personally, yes, I feel that abortion is taking another human life. However, since the baby is inside another human body, it opens up a can of worms that I'm not sure SC is ready to deal with, so I'm not gonna post here what I think should be done about that.

The law makes it even more complicated. Abortion is legal, but if you murder a pregnant woman, you can be charged with two counts of murder. How much more confusing can it be! Plus, and this has even been argued in euthanasia cases, there is the issue of whether or not life can be sustained without help (mother's woumb/life support).

I have my personal beliefs and convictions about this, but I am not about trying to force them on anyone else and I do respect the right of others to hold their own.
Mrs. WaltAppel

***But of course, Jesus trumps the old testament, and Jesus even trumps St. Paul. Go read the Sermon on the Mount again.

You are exactly right! We are no longer under Old Testament law, Jesus nailed that to his cross...and I love the sermon on the mount. I just don't see anything about not facing the consequences of our actions. We can be forgiven for sins but that doesn't mean we don't have to face the consequences. I often mention the old testament. Romans 4:15 says it was written for our learning. Just because we are no longer under that law does not mean we can't learn from it.

Another verse I thought about is 1 Corinthians 3:17. I realize it says GOD will destroy, but he does his work sometimes through man.

Again, I do not claim to know everything, and I love these forums because there are so many different perspectives.
Mrs. WaltAppel

The only think I fid sad, although not extraordinary, is the lack of uproar over this as compared to Karla Faye Tucker. Let's face it - she was cute in her later life, and cuteness brings more sympathy.

Make no mistake about it - Karla Faye Tucker's crime was just as hideous. But apparently, a cute girl who was open about what she did deserves mre intervention.

Tuker's crime was really, really bad.........she got much less than what she deserved.;)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Who gives a s**t! So a black woman can't be executed?!

ITS RACISM, CALL JESSE JACKSON! :D

Edited to add: Eye for an Eye. Damn Straight!

Oh, back to the Bible again.

"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also." - Jesus of Nazareth.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also." - Jesus of Nazareth.

"Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man" (Gen 9:5-6)

"Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." (Luk 22:36)

"If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him." (Ex 22:2)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

"Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man" (Gen 9:5-6)

"Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." (Luk 22:36)

"If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him." (Ex 22:2)

There are lots of good punishments in Leviticus too, but I suspect even you wouldn't want to apply them in the 21st Century.

Would Jesus inject the poison?

***I'm just typng to get a rise outta people. Everyone gets so serious over things like this so its funny to see how people react when you say stuff like that.

:D:D

You are funny! Have you met Walt? Sounds like you guys would be two peas in a pod:)
Mrs. WaltAppel

Sigh. Enough with the bible pushers! Jesus! :D

Thy who smelt it, delt it! Bob 3:16

Hey, I can push the Bible with the best. I had Bible Study classes for 12 years. Helped make me a well informed atheist.

I am not religious. I am thinking human. I think killing someone is wrong, with or without a bible.

Therefore, killing is allowed, as long as it is LEGAL under your government (parajito also pointed out that Jesus recognized the authority of governments).

In Saudi Arabia you get executed for stealing, in China for prostitution, in some countries for not agreeing with the government.
In some states of the USA for murder. What’s the difference? Who defines which government has the write to define what is worth executing someone and what not?
The bible? The Koran? The Torah? The USA? China?
Fuck this shit. The law is not perfect and there will be always innocents who get convicted. And every government knows that. And if a government says OK, it is worth killing innocents in order to maintain law and order; it is very bad in my opinion.

But what do I know, Countries like the USA, China, Saudi Arabia, some African Countries will probably still be killing innocents and not innocents in 1000 years.
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch