nate_1979

Katrina - Shit pissing me off

UGH! Some of the shit pissing me off about the coverage of this whole mess:

1: People bitching that aid didnt get there fast enough, not enough aid. They claim that we saw this coming well before it hit, and that people should have been ready ----- I call BULLSHIT. I seem to remember two things on the news prior to the hit, 1) GET THE HELL OUT! MANDITORY EVACUATION! and 2) IF YOU CHOOSE TO STAY, IMMEDIATE HELP WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL THINGS ARE SAFE FOR OUR PEOPLE. Yes, we saw the hurricane coming, and I think the response for that was fine. NOBODY saw the flood of NO coming, they figured some waves might crash into the city, put a little bit of water in it, something they could pump out without much poblem... NEVER saw what we have here, dont claim that we should have seen this.

2: The new comments that I'm seeing now that people are saying the rescue effort is raciest, people claiming that the black people are being left behind.. GET FUCKING REAL. I'm so sick of this shit, NO has a BLACK mayer, they have MOSTLY BLACK law enforcement, the city is RUN BY BLACK PEOPLE. I seriously doubt that they are treating white people better, ... Why do these people ALWAYS have to claim this stupid bullshit, I'm so sick of this racest bullshit that always comes up when shit hits the fan. Your not being treated unfair, get over it.

3: People bitching about gas prices: Deal with it, atleast most of us still have gas. The only people I wanna hear bitching about gas is the people that have to wait for 6 hours in line to find the gas station is empty before they get to the pump. Lets bitch towards something more constructive such as getting the vehicals that run on alternitive fuels ON THE ROADS. THey have been developed, lets get this shit rolling. This gas crap isnt going to get any better, this is just a little sample of what's to come down the road really...

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

1) GET THE HELL OUT! MANDITORY EVACUATION! and 2) IF YOU CHOOSE TO STAY, IMMEDIATE HELP WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL THINGS ARE SAFE FOR OUR PEOPLE.

Okay, I said it before and I'll say it again. Most of those people didn't have the money to get out. Most of the people did not CHOOSE TO STAY.

2: The new comments that I'm seeing now that people are saying the rescue effort is raciest, people claiming that the black people are being left behind.. GET FUCKING REAL. I'm so sick of this shit, NO has a BLACK mayer, they have MOSTLY BLACK law enforcement, the city is RUN BY BLACK PEOPLE. I seriously doubt that they are treating white people better, ... Why do these people ALWAYS have to claim this stupid bullshit, I'm so sick of this racest bullshit that always comes up when shit hits the fan. Your not being treated unfair, get over it.

I agree with you on this. Most of the people that live there are black, so naturally we will see mostly blacks that need to be rescued.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Okay, I said it before and I'll say it again. Most of those people didn't have the money to get out. Most of the people did not CHOOSE TO STAY.

Ok that really sucks...

But, this is the fault of the federal government how? The city of NO should have had planes for evacuations, considering that the city is below water level, and that this isnt the first time that the possibilty of something like this happening has come up with them. This evacuation plan should have been figured out LONG AGO by the CITY. Everyone is claiming that the federal gov't dropped the ball.. I dont believe this is the case.

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

They were mostly welfare dependent people. People too lazy to get out and get a job, or get an education. Lazy people.

Do not feed the trolls people:D:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

NOBODY saw the flood of NO coming, they figured some waves might crash into the city, put a little bit of water in it, something they could pump out without much poblem... NEVER saw what we have here, dont claim that we should have seen this.

Absolutely incorrect. It was forseen. See, for example, the links here:

www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1811466#1811466

and the quoted article here:

www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1811055#1811055

Also the levees are the responsibility of the Federal government (Army Corps of Engineers, G.W. Bush, Commander in Chief)), not the city.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Most of the people did not CHOOSE TO STAY.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you know this? I'm not saying that they did or didn't. Just wondering how you came to that assumption

I know for a fact that one of my co-workers brothers could not get out because the city ran out of gas. The city had no form of transportation for the poor who have no cars or cannot drive. We tried to drive down there to get his brother but because of FORCE FLOW we could not get anywhere close to the city. So now his brother is stuck down by the dome and is now sick and has trench foot. But we still cannot go get him because the cops wont let us. The news guys go in and out everyday but we cant go get his brother who has a cell phone that has been able to call out on. We know where he is but cannot get him. Complete bullshit
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

You know what would be entertaining...taking all those that said they COULDNT get out and hook em to a lie detector and ask again....

Now thats entertainment.

Really, who is gonna say "I was an idiot I chose this I was wrong please help I will take whatever I can get cause I cant do anything on my own"

wagers anyone?
Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

I know for a fact that one of my co-workers brothers could not get out because the city ran out of gas. The city had no form of transportation for the poor who have no cars or cannot drive. We tried to drive down there to get his brother but because of FORCE FLOW we could not get anywhere close to the city. So now his brother is stuck down by the dome and is now sick and has trench foot. But we still cannot go get him because the cops wont let us. The news guys go in and out everyday but we cant go get his brother who has a cell phone that has been able to call out on. We know where he is but cannot get him. Complete bullshit

I'm not saying there weren't many...many who couldn't get out. I'm just wondering how flyangel2 knows that this is the case for most of them. I think there were probably a whole bunch of idiots who decided to ride it out and take their chances. I feel sorry for those who had no choice. I have a very hard time feeling as sorry for those who were just stupid. It's a shame their children have to suffer along with them.

Yup, seems I've heard alot of "The last hurricane didnt take this place, nor the one before it, we've never left, so I'm staying (I've stayed)"

Oooopsy! :S

FGF #???
I miss the sky...

there were probably a whole bunch of idiots who decided to ride it out and take their chances.

Oh without a doubt. I know thats probably what happened with a lot of them.

I have a very hard time feeling as sorry for those who were just stupid. It's a shame their children have to suffer along with them.

Some I'm sure thought they were gonna ride it out but they didnt think it would get so bad. It's to bad it takes a massive amount of deaths to get things done in the city.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

> The city of NO should have had planes for evacuations, considering
>that the city is below water level, and that this isnt the first time that the
>possibilty of something like this happening has come up with them.

I agree that a city should have emergency plans. But when a disaster destroys an entire city it's hard to use the city's resources to save itself. For example, it would be tough to use the NOLA airport for evacuation when it's underwater. It's for cases like that that FEMA was created.

Absolutely incorrect. It was forseen.

The above is absolutely incorrect. It was not forseen. That this would occur was not absolute. There was a probablility of its occurrence, nothing more.

FallRate

A probable event WILL occur, sooner or later. This was predicted, and occurred. QED.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It's times like this that it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have a Democratic President. That way we could bypass all of the bullshit of placing blame for a NATURAL DISASTER and get on with helping those who have been affected and in particular those who are at serious risk.

As I've said before, I don't trust Republicans (the conservatives) but I despise Democrats (the worthless whining left).

Who's fault is it? If you must, blame God. Then do what you can.

https://give.redcross.org/?hurricanemasthead

FallRate

A probable event WILL occur, sooner or later.

Incorrect. A probable event will not necessarily occur. If it carried a probability of 100% it would be definite or certain, but then we would refer to it as inevitable, not probable.

This was predicted, and occurred.

Correct. It was predicted. It was not destined or fated. Therefore it was not forseen. Unless you would like to argue that the possibility was forseen, which when compared to probable is tautologic, therefore a true case of begging the question.

FallRate

> The city of NO should have had planes for evacuations, considering
>that the city is below water level, and that this isnt the first time that the
>possibilty of something like this happening has come up with them.

I agree that a city should have emergency plans. But when a disaster destroys an entire city it's hard to use the city's resources to save itself. For example, it would be tough to use the NOLA airport for evacuation when it's underwater. It's for cases like that that FEMA was created.

The evacuations were ordered prior to the destruction of the city... This is when the city could have used better planning, and this is what I was refering to... Clearly it's too late for the city to save itself now.

FGF #???
I miss the sky...

>Also the levees are the responsibility of the Federal government (Army Corps of Engineers, G.W. Bush, Commander in Chief), not the city.

Well Kallend, there have been several admin. prior to the current one that could have upgraded the levees as well. I wonder how much effort was made and money spent prior to the Bush Admin. Obviously this was a protential problem that could have occured prior to Bush being in office.

Also there is congress and the senate, that control the purse strings, any blame lie there? The Mayor of N.O. and the Gov. of LA, do they not have some responsiblity for the upkeep of their state and cities.

>Also the levees are the responsibility of the Federal government (Army Corps of Engineers, G.W. Bush, Commander in Chief), not the city.

Well Kallend, there have been several admin. prior to the current one that could have upgraded the levees as well. I wonder how much effort was made and money spent prior to the Bush Admin. Obviously this was a protential problem that could have occured prior to Bush being in office.

Also there is congress and the senate, that control the purse strings, any blame lie there? The Mayor of N.O. and the Gov. of LA, do they not have some responsiblity for the upkeep of their state and cities.

All of what you say goes against the "it's Bush's Fault" thought process used / prefered here and in the US in general lately .... Go take your nonsense elsewhere ;)

FGF #???
I miss the sky...