mr2mk1g

London Transport Terrorism - again

Seems like they're at it again.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/07/21/world/main710566.shtml
http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-072105-jmn-london_underground.1982327f.html
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid=%7B22EE45B0-53B1-4F08-9627-B64FF2AE541B%7D&siteid=google

Again this is happening as I post so still sporadic info with little confirmed.

Scuttlebutt involves a nail bomb on the tube (possibly three), a bomb on a bus and the tube net's gone down again.

I hope that's right that these are only intended to scare rather than kill.

edit:

"He said that a man was carrying a rucksack and the rucksack suddenly exploded. It was a minor explosion but enough to blow open the rucksack," McCracken said.

"The man then made an exclamation as if something had gone wrong. At that point everyone rushed from the carriage."

Actually sounds like someone fucked up and they were intended to kill. Wonder why no one pounced him to beat the crap out of him.

from: http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-072105-jmn-london_underground.1982327f.html

What the hell is going on?

On another note, I was at Heathrow Terminal 4 on Monday - there were about 20 armed police, 2 dog vans and about 7 vehicles including an armoured van just before departures. Does anyone know what it could have been about? Heightened security? Tip off?
Next Mood Swing: 6 minutes

I heard a report that in one of the incidents, some POS rushed on to a train, dropped their rucksack then ran off the train. At that point some people tried to jump the POS, but he somehow got away...

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

It's great isn't it. Us Brits are so much safer since Tony fucking Blair decided to wedge his tongue firmly up Bush's backside and help with the invasion of Iraq.

I think this particular little performance has been laid on for the benefit of Mr Howard, the Australian prime minister who is currently visiting the idiot Blair.

Australia will be the next member of the 'coalition of the moronic' to be hit by these kinds of retaliations in my opinion.

Retaliations for what?

The UK was not a terrorist target before British troops took part in the invasion of Iraq. Since then, and particularly after the events in Spain, many Londoners, me included, though it was just a matter of time before we were targeted. And now we are.

Retaliations for what?

The UK was not a terrorist target before British troops took part in the invasion of Iraq. Since then, and particularly after the events in Spain, many Londoners, me included, though it was just a matter of time before we were targeted. And now we are.

Here is some history for you of terrorist activities throughtout the world BEFORE 9/11. NO IRA BOMBINGS are included on this list But I am sure you would blame Blair and Bush for those if you could!!

Again, please try to blame Bush and Blaire for all these attacks...

Let me ask you this.. Which came first?
Bush and Blaire or Muslim Extremist terrorism?

September 5, 1972 Black September terrorists kidnap Israeli athletes in Munich during the Summer Olympics. All athletes are killed during a botched rescue attempt.

April 11, 1974 A terrorist attack by the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) at a Kiryat Shmona apartment in Israel results in 18 dead.

May 15, 1974 The PFLP attacks a high school in Ma'alot, Israel leaving 26 dead and 66 wounded.

September 8, 1974 TWA flight 841 explodes after takeoff killing 88. Air authorities later determine a bomb exploded on the plane. Suspicion for the attack lies with Abu Nidal.

June 27, 1975 Air France flight 139 is hijacked by 8 PLO terrorists and flies to Uganda where they hold 103 passengers hostage. The Israeli's counter with what is now know as Operation Entebbe, where Israel's special forces conduct a raid of the Entebbe airport, rescuing 100 of the passengers. Three hostages and one Israeli soldier die in the rescue.

November 4, 1979 Iranian radicals seize the U.S. Embassy in Tehran and take 66 Americans hostage. Thirteen are initially released but the other 53 remain hostage until their release on January 20, 1981.

November 20, 1979 200 Islamic terrorists take control of the Grand Mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, taking hundreds of pilgrims hostage. Saudi and French forces retake the shrine after a deadly battle which results in more than 250 dead and 600 wounded.

April 18, 1983 A suicide bomb attack by the Islamic Jihad on the United States Embassy in Beirut kills 63 and wounds another 120.

September 23, 1983 Gulf Air flight 771 from Abu Dhabi, Saudia Arabia to Karachi, Pakistan crashes into the desert after a bomb in the baggage compartment explodes, killing 117.

October 23, 1983 The Islamic Jihad sends two suicide truck bombers into the Marine Barracks and French Barracks in Beirut. The truck bomb crashing into the Marine barracks kills 241 while the French lose 58 in their attack.

November 15, 1983 A U.S. Naval Officer is assassinated by the November 17 terrorist group in Athens, Greece.

March 16, 1984 The Islamic Jihad kidnaps and kills U.S. Political Officer William Buckley in Beirut.

June 14, 1985 TWA flight 847 from Athens to Rome is hijacked by Hezbollah terrorists. 153 are held hostage for seventeen days. One passenger, a United States Navy sailor is killed by the terrorists.

November 23, 1985 Egypt Air flight 648 bound for Cairo from Athens is hijacked by the terrorist group Abu Nidal. Forced to land in Malta, Egyptian commandos storm the airplane and take control, leaving 60 dead.

December 27, 1985 Two airport attacks on the same day by Abu Nidal terrorists leaves sixteen dead. 13 die in an attack at the Rome airport and three more die in the attack at the Vienna airport.

April 2, 1986 Palestinian terrorists calling themselves the Arab Revolutionary Cells detonates a bomb on TWA flight 840 as it approaches the Athens airport, opening up a hole in the cabin and sucking out four United States citizens, including one infant.

April 5, 1986 Libyan terrorists bomb a discotheque in Berlin, killing 3 U.S. servicemen and injuring 230 others. In response to this, the United States bombs Tripoli and Benghazi, attempting to kill the Libyan dictator Moammar al-Qadhafi.

September 5, 1986 Pan Am flight 73 is hijacked by four Abu Nidal terrorists, 22 die in Karachi, Pakistan when the hijackers open fire on the passengers.

December 26, 1987 A Barcelona bar known as a U.S. military hang out is bombed, killing one U.S. citizen.

February 17, 1988 A U.S. Marine is kidnapped and killed by Hezbollah terrorists in Southern Lebanon.

April 14, 1988 The Organization of Jihad Brigades explodes a car bomb at a USO club in Naples, Italy killing one U.S. sailor.

December 21, 1988 Pan Am flight 103 is bombed by suspected Libyan terrorists and crashes in Lockerbie, Scotland killing 259 people.

April 21, 1989 A U.S. Army Colonel is assassinated in Manila, Philippines by the New Peoples Army.

September 19, 1989 UTA flight 772 blows up over the Sahara desert killing 170 people. Libya in 2003 acknowledges responsibility for the attack.

February 26, 1993 A bomb explodes in the basement of the World Trade Center in New York, killing 6 and wounding more than a thousand.

July 18, 1994 A Jewish center in Buenos Aires, Argentina is bombed by Hezbollah terrorists, killing 86 and wounding 300

December 24, 1994 An Air France flight is hijacked by the Armed Islamic Group (GIA) enroute to Algeria. All four terrorists were killed in the rescue attempt.

November 13, 1995 A bomb planted by the Islamic Movement of Change explodes in a Riyadh, Saudi Arabia military compound, killing more than 40.

November 19, 1995 A suicide bomber drives a truck into the Egyptian Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan killing 16 and injuring 60.

June 25, 1996 A fuel truck explodes outside the United States military's Khobar Towers building, killing 19 military personnel and wounding 515.

February 23, 1997 A Palestinian gunman opens fire on tourists on an observation deck at the Empire State Building, killing one and wounding others.

September 4, 1997 Three HAMAS suicide bombers detonate three bombs at the Ben Yehuda shopping mall in Jerusalem, killing 5 and wounding 200.

November 12, 1997 Four U.S. businessmen are killed in Karachi, Pakistan by members of the Islamic Revolutionary Council.

August 7, 1998 In near simultaneous explosions at U.S. Embassies in Tanzania and Kenya, Al Qaeda terrorists kill 291 and wound 5,000 in Kenya and kill 10 and wound 77 in Tanzania.

October 12, 2000 The U.S.S. Cole, a destroyer in the United States Navy, is rammed by a boat full of explosives in the harbor of Aden, Yemen. 17 sailors are killed and 39 more are injured. Al Qaeda is suspected.

December 30, 2000 Across the street from the United States Embassy in Manila, a plaza is bombed injuring 9. The Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) is blamed.

September 11, 2001 Three hijacked airliners are used as bombs and ram into the World Trade Center and Pentagon. A fourth hijacked airliner crashes in rural Pennsylvania when the passengers attempt to retake the plane. The attacks kill more than 3,000 people. Commonly referred to now as 9/11.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

It must just make people feel better. To be able to point the blame at someone I guess helps ease the pain.

Bush and Blaire did not bring terrorism to the west.
It has been here all along.
There was terrorism before Iraq.
There was terrorism before the USS Cole.
There was terrorism before the IRA.

Open your eyes....

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

No IRA bombings are included? Why is that? Were they not terrorists? If not why not? Could it be that that would be embarrasing seeing as Americans gave them £18 Million a year via NORAID to buy semtex to blow women and children to shit with.

As for this public annoyance happening in London right now, it's hard to say if anyone has been killed yet seeing as we haven't been able to rule out biological agents being dispersed by IED.

P.S......Nice pic Caz ;)
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

FYI the PLFP and the PLO are/were political in their aims and not Islamic extreamists.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

shhh -- they all look alike from the outside, therefore they all are alike.:S

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I think he's excluded IRA bombings because they generally have very little to do with the Middle East while the present terrorist threat does. Just how far back that threat goes can be illustrated by looking at past terrorism stemming from the Middle East. Irish attacks, even those funded by Americans, aren't relevant to that assessment.

No IRA bombings are included? Why is that?

I assumed because the list was put up as a response to issues of Islamic extremist terrorism. If it had included IRA bombings, that wouldn't have been a fair portrayal, and would have arguably over-emphasized terrorism in the UK.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

It's great isn't it. Us Brits are so much safer since Tony fucking Blair decided to wedge his tongue firmly up Bush's backside and help with the invasion of Iraq.

I think this particular little performance has been laid on for the benefit of Mr Howard, the Australian prime minister who is currently visiting the idiot Blair.

Australia will be the next member of the 'coalition of the moronic' to be hit by these kinds of retaliations in my opinion.

So you believe Britian would have been safe if they hadn't supported the war in Iraq? You think the terrorists would have just ignored London? Have you heard of 9/11? What did it have to do witht the war in Iraq? You think that would have been the end of world terrorism if not for Iraq? I think you would have been safer by just lying in bed and pulling the sheets over your head and hoping the monsters would just go away.

Have you heard of 9/11? What did it have to do witht the war in Iraq?

Nothing - that's the point. Going into Iraq was never going to stop terrorist attacks. There is an argument to say it would prevent terrorist getting hold of some rather nasty munitions... but it certainly never had the potential to reduce the number of attacks. As far as the War on Terror is concerned our invasion of Iraq is something of a sideline.

As for Britain being safe if it didn't attack Iraq - nah -our involvement in Iraq simply underlined the word "Britain" on the terrorists list of targets, it didn't put it there. Britain was on that list years ago and it was already in bold.

of course you're right!! it's always much better to stand idly by instead of doing the right thing. hell, if everyone would do that, we'd be in a much better place huh...:S

come to think of it...if we would just put the terrorists in power and then submit to their every whim, nobody would be terrorized anymore! why haven't our "moronic" leaders thought of this??
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

As for Britain being safe if it didn't attack Iraq - nah -our involvement in Iraq simply underlined the word "Britain" on the terrorists list of targets, it didn't put it there. Britain was on that list years ago and it was already in bold.

I'm curious to know why you think we were already on the list in bold.

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.... quote unknown origin.

Seems like they're at it again.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/07/21/world/main710566.shtml
http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-072105-jmn-london_underground.1982327f.html
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid=%7B22EE45B0-53B1-4F08-9627-B64FF2AE541B%7D&siteid=google

Again this is happening as I post so still sporadic info with little confirmed.

Scuttlebutt involves a nail bomb on the tube (possibly three), a bomb on a bus and the tube net's gone down again.

"You did what?!?!"

MUFF #3722, TDSM #72, Orfun #26, Nachos Rodriguez

I'm curious to know why you think we were already on the list in bold.

muslim extremists don't like western cultures. and, it's not a "i'm not gonna talk to you anymore" disliking, it's a "i'm gonna try to make sure that you and all of your ilk die a horrible, infadel, death as soon as possible" disliking. ;)
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329