Gravitymaster

American Hiroshima

Post 9/11 when everyone was considering security issues related to everything I remember a long thread on slashdot.org discussing the feasibility of using lego robots to deliver charges at key critical pieces of infrastructure.

There was a similar one on kuro5hin.org discussing the best way to release bioagents.....a few days later there was another thread on the fact that the poster was visited by the secret service while at work and got fired :)

But yeah, nucular weapons are a bit of a stretch for your cost conscious, security minded, stealth and secrecy loving terrorist out and about on the town.

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

I'd be more concerned about a conventional terrorist attack in a supermarket, theatre, subway, etc...

Considering the work involved? These people will die to kill massive amounts of innocent Americans. They have proven that. It's about body count and damage to our economy. It's their belief system. It's what they live for. They will work their whole lives just to go on that one mission and die for their Jihad..

I'd be more concerned about a conventional terrorist attack in a supermarket, theatre, subway, etc...

Considering the work involved? These people will die to kill massive amounts of innocent Americans. They have proven that. It's about body count and damage to our economy. It's their belief system. It's what they live for. They will work their whole lives just to go on that one mission and die for their Jihad..

I'm not sure it's about body count as much as instigating terror into people's mind. If they were after body counts, the towers might have been hit later in the morning ot in the afternoon. It was simply easier to hit them in the morning, and I believe that the purpose was to take the towers down, regardless of how many people in them. Symbolic. Much like the Pentagon. Should people start blowing themselves up at Wal-Marts around the country, the mind fuck will be pretty hard to deal with. But I may be wrong.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Should people start blowing themselves up at Wal-Marts around the country, the mind fuck will be pretty hard to deal with.

If and when this starts to happen I would not want to me a muslim in this country. The good ole boy mentality will come back something fierce.

Should people start blowing themselves up at Wal-Marts around the country, the mind fuck will be pretty hard to deal with.

If and when this starts to happen I would not want to me a muslim in this country. The good ole boy mentality will come back something fierce.

I agree with that statement. Even the non muslim (as the Arizona Sikh community can testify) will be dodging bullets...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

WASHINGTON – As London recovers from the latest deadly al-Qaida attack that killed at least 50, top U.S. government officials are contemplating what they consider to be an inevitable and much bigger assault on America –

Typical, 'everythings bigger and better in America!'

I hear the 'Greys' brought in the Nukes in their UFO's :S:D:D:D:D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

You actually believe Farah?

Like it or not it is completely possible and likely. The US is being held together by a thread. It wouldn't take much to snap that thread in a hundred different places. We are already fucked. It's only a matter of time. Live one day at a time I say. Have an emergency plan. Have emergency gas for your vehicles. All common sense stuff.

Forty Nukes mate, where you driving to? how do you mean the US is already fucked? held together by a thread? What do you mean? and what have you done with Rhino? Who is this??????
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Typical, 'everythings bigger and better in America!'

Damn straight! And don't you derned furreners forgit it!

Everything is bigger and better here because we're bigger and better. That's because we have McDonald's Happy Meals. Come visit, and eat with us, and you too can be bigger and better upon your return home.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Forty Nukes mate, where you driving to? how do you mean the US is already fucked? held together by a thread? What do you mean? and what have you done with Rhino? Who is this??????

Maybe I should clarify.. The US Government is held together by a thread. The USA is stronger than imaginable.

BTW - Nukes are very difficult to maintain. They are unstable and give off hydrogen constantly, which gets embedded into the metal's crystal lattice. Thus, when compression occurs for critical mass, it doesn't ignite. If we are nuked, it's going to be a hostile government that's directly involved, not somebody with "just" 10 million dollars, or so.
We are all engines of karma

Can't we all just get along? :S

Hell no! Otherwise, there would be no need for Speaker's Corner, and all of you guys would be bored out of your mind and would be cluttering MY Bonfire!:|

Proud carrier of one of them cute nifty little blue passport thingie, sir!:)
I know, I'm shameless.:|

BTW - Nukes are very difficult to maintain. They are unstable and give off hydrogen constantly, which gets embedded into the metal's crystal lattice. Thus, when compression occurs for critical mass, it doesn't ignite. If we are nuked, it's going to be a hostile government that's directly involved, not somebody with "just" 10 million dollars, or so.

What makes you think that a well funded terrorist organization is incapable of maintaining its weapons? We don't have a monopoly on engineers and scientists.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What makes you think that a well funded terrorist organization is incapable of maintaining its weapons? We don't have a monopoly on engineers and scientists.

Highly enriched materials are scarse, in addition to engineers that know the subject well enough.

It's much easier to believe that they could design and immediately use a 50s technology bomb rather than owning and maintaining 15 year old suitcase bombs.

Agreed. Even then, it's a very hard problem. Otherwise, everyone would have them by now. One of my favorite books is "The Making Of The Atomic Bomb" by Richard Rhodes. He describes the _massive_ commitment required to build an atomic weapon.

I don't think anyone expects terrorists to copy the Manhattan Project and make a nuke from scratch. The materials, and maybe the bomb itself, will be stolen. Maintenance is a far different thing than manufacture.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The whole point with the maintenance is - nukes don't have a shelf life. They're unstable, give off hydrogen which gets stuck in the metal lattice, thus preventing a symmetric compression. Even if they steal one, doesn't mean it's going to ignite.
We are all engines of karma