chuckbrown

Oh, please .... or Gov. Bush Wants Another Terri Schiavo Investigation

Gov. Bush Wants Another Terri Schiavo Investigation

POSTED: 11:46 am EDT June 17, 2005

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- The release of an autopsy report on Terri Schiavo hasn't put an end to the investigations of her collapse and her death.

Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is asking a prosecutor to investigate why Schiavo collapsed 15 years ago and if there was a delay before Michael Schiavo called 911. Bush said he wants prosecutor Bernie McCabe to look at an apparent gap between the time Schiavo's husband found her collapsed, and the time he called for help.

Bush said Michael Schiavo testified in 1992 that he found his wife at 5 a.m., and that he said two years ago that he found her at about 4:30 a.m. He called 911 at about 5:40 a.m.

The governor said he knows of "no explanation for the delay."

Michael Schiavo's attorney told the Miami Herald that it's "preposterous" to suggest that Schiavo didn't immediately call 911. He said if he'd really waited 70 minutes, his wife would have been dead.

Give it a break for cryin' out loud. I think the plug should be pulled on a few more people.:P

Seems like a reasonable action. Hopefully, it will finally put to rest all the allegations made by her family against her husband and they can move on by acceptiing their daughters death.

Absolutely! I'm certain that as soon as this investigation discovers that after 13 years, your own memory of the position of the clock hands is not precise enough to convict yourself, then the parents and politicians will immediately calm down, become rational, and get on with their lives.

There's no reason whatsoever to think that these parents and politicians are opportunists who will keep scraping up spurious public relations stunts to torment this story into the 22nd century.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

I don't see much difference between 40 minutes and 70 minutes when someone you love is lying on the floor unconscious. Either amount of time is way to long to wait to call for help.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Well an investgation is fine. I think its stupid, but legal.

I do wish people would just move on.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Seems like a reasonable action. Hopefully, it will finally put to rest all the allegations made by her family against her husband and they can move on by acceptiing their daughters death.

Absolutely! I'm certain that as soon as this investigation discovers that after 13 years, your own memory of the position of the clock hands is not precise enough to convict yourself, then the parents and politicians will immediately calm down, become rational, and get on with their lives.

There's no reason whatsoever to think that these parents and politicians are opportunists who will keep scraping up spurious public relations stunts to torment this story into the 22nd century.

You are right, there isn't any reason for the parents and politicians to keep dredging this up. In fact Jeb Bush might even take a political hit. So what reason could they possibly have?

Yeah, that is ridiculous to expect him to know the exact time he found her. If I found my husband collapsed, I don't think it would enter my mind to look at the clock to see what time it was. I'd be a little more concerned with things like... umm, saving his life.(!) :S

I can think of a few traumatic things that have happened in my life, and I certainly wouldn't be able to say exactly what time they happened... I could take a vague guess, but it would most likely be a couple of hours off at best.

How much pain is that family going to go through - on both sides of the family - before this is put to rest?

If there is evidence of foul play on the part of the husband, surely it would have been discovered 15 years ago. One would hope, at least.

If FL can investigate this surely MA can investigate the Kopechne murder, where there's one hell of a lot more evidence.

I think this is dumb. Legal, but dumb.
:S
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Actualyl.. it depends on the charges they would need to file, but it may have reached hte statue of limitations on what ever charges they come up with for the investigation.

How much tax money is going to be wasted on this case that would be better spent on schools?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I think this is dumb. Legal, but dumb.
:S

Legal?

Statute of limitations - Manslaughter is 5 years if I remember correctly. I don't see how they could go after him for anything greater than that.

And this is what I was thinking as I was reading the thread. Unless they could establish the Mens Rea for murder they are SOL. Truth is they don't care about any charges; they want to cast a dark shadow upon this matter on the hiubbies end. If Jeb wants to save lives, stop signing so many death warrants w/o investigations.

Truth is they don't care about any charges; they want to cast a dark shadow upon this matter on the hiubbies end.

I don't think they care about the case at all. I just think they're trying to get the last bit of media coverage out of it that they can.>:(

What sucks is that it is getting media coverage.:S