funks

Fuck the Race Card Part II

No, just the goal of some of them.
People in general want to be around folks they can be comfortable with. Nothing wrong with that.
The problem comes when they figure that a superior standard of living is part of what makes them comfortable, and so they try to enforce it.
Consider how many more mixed-race couples (of just about any race) you see now than 30 years ago. It's a whole lot more common. And eventually (generations, though), it'll be more the norm.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

"the Wops got their ass kicked "

Well that was nice. A lot of pent up anger there, eh? Not too many Italian ghettos around these days, though. The Italians are some of the best engineers in the world, with Ferrari, Lamborgini, Fiat, Ducati. In the great countries of Africa that never had the white man owning slaves, what great proucts or companies have evolved in the last 1000 years?

"great and mighty Melenek II "Conquering Lion of Judah" and "Elect of God".

Yeah, great and mighty. What an ego. A todays world comparison would have Melenek asking if you want a spoon straw with your Slurpee.

The Italians are some of the best engineers in the world....... Fiat........

:D

Sorry, I couldn't resist laughing at that one. My favorite car I've ever owned was a Fiat, and no offense to the Italians, but I wouldn't exactly throw it into the category of some of the best engineering in the world. (I'm pretty sure there is a reason why Fiats have the nickname "Fix It Again, Tony". ;))

Now maybe the more expensive Italian cars are different... I wouldn't know about those...

Oh, and to answer the original post in this thread... I think the NFL should be able to interview and hire whoever they want... But it sounds like the rule about interviewing minorities is something that was set by the league itself, not by the government(?), so it's really no one's business except for people involved with the NFL.

But it sounds like the rule about interviewing minorities is something that was set by the league itself, not by the government(?), so it's really no one's business except for people involved with the NFL

Read the links to the articles and you will see the history of the mandate. The rule was set after being threatened with potential lawsuits by racists such as jesse jackson. Rather than drag it out in a public forum they chose to give into the demands.

Read the links to the articles and you will see the history of the mandate. The rule was set after being threatened with potential lawsuits by racists such as jesse jackson.

Oh, ok... I'll take your word for it. I don't think I can handle reading two whole articles about the NFL in one day (or in one year, for that matter).

Read the links to the articles and you will see the history of the mandate. The rule was set after being threatened with potential lawsuits by racists such as jesse jackson. Rather than drag it out in a public forum they chose to give into the demands.

The NFL isn't afraid of lawsuits. They must have a floor of attorneys on retainer just to take care of Al Davis litigation.

The rule was set after being threatened with potential lawsuits by racists such as jesse jackson. Rather than drag it out in a public forum they chose to give into the demands.

How is Jesse Jackson a racist?

Blue Skies Black Death

The rule was set after being threatened with potential lawsuits by racists such as jesse jackson. Rather than drag it out in a public forum they chose to give into the demands.

I can't really think of anything that would make me see him as racist, but I do think he is the biggest media whore ever.:S

Not to stir the pot...

I think my first clue was when he used the term "Hymie town..." and it's just progressed from there.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

[replyCan you name even one person who is making any claim against "The Supreme , The blood of Solomon and the Queen of Sheba , Menelek II"?

Here we go again....You make a claim, it is proven to be BS.

Then you just choose not to listen to it and claim it is just lies.

C'mon!! Just one!!!!!!
But I'm lyin'?

Bring on the *proof* ,Ron, and not some crap journalism after the imperialistic Wops got their ass kicked by the brave and mighty warriors of Ethiopia.

Blues,
Cliff

In the great countries of Africa that never had the white man owning slaves, what great proucts or companies have evolved in the last 1000 years?

"great and mighty Melenek II "Conquering Lion of Judah" and "Elect of God".

Yeah, great and mighty. What an ego. A todays world comparison would have Melenek asking if you want a spoon straw with your Slurpee.

You seem to be confused,friend. Melenek II ,"King of Kings of Ethiopia " was a great warrior and ruler with wisdom inherited from Soloman.
He wasn't a dot-head.

Blues,
Cliff

Look . I said that if any legitimate claim is made against the estate of Melenek II ,"The Blood of Soloman", than that claim should be paid.
So can you produce even one person who has made a legitimate claim against Melenik II ? Just one??????
Just one????????????
C'mon!! Just one!!!!!!
But I'm lyin'?

This is hilarious!! The importation of slaves was outlawed in the US in like 1805 or something. Of course Ron couldn't produce anyone. Do you think Ron knows everyone in the world and everyone's story and can just call someone up at will? Brazil was importing many slaves at that period from Africa, but I don't have the means to check there, nor do I care to. The point is is just because Ron cannot produce someone doesn't mean that there isn't someone in the world that may have a claim.

Answer me this: Why was Ethiopia denied membership into the league of nations in 1919? Why?

Lets use your tactics for a minute. Show me proof that the Italians are lying and its all propaganda. Proof! I'll save you time and say now that whatever you show me is lies. See how weak that (non)argument is?

Now answer me this: How did Menelik finance his military to kick the "imperialistic Wops" asses?
If the Italians were lying about the whole thing why didn't they just say they withdrew from Ethiopia for economic, moral, whatever reason instead of let it be known that they got their asses handed to them? Why did they let that part get out? That would be the most embarassing thing, I would think...

"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt..."

I think when Jesus said "love your enemy" he probably meant don't kill them.

This is hilarious!! The importation of slaves was outlawed in the US in like 1805 or something. Of course Ron couldn't produce anyone.

That is hilarious! Thank you! He can't produce any proof , not even one person who accuses "Gods' Chosen", Melenek II of slave mongering, yet he has jumped on the band wagon claiming that the "Most Wise " Melenek II held slaves or profited from slavery. The Great and Mighty Conquering Lion of Judah" needed no slaves. His own people, knowing that his bloodline was Divine , were quick to react to his every need and command.
Melenek II ,with the wisdom of Soloman and the superior physical attributes of the African male , crushed the Deigo imperialists quicker than a Dominoes delivery boy could get a pizza to your house!

Do you think Ron knows everyone in the world and everyone's story and can just call someone up at will?

What I think ,my freind , is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
What is of the utmost importance is that the name of the "Great and Mighty" Melenek II not be besmirched by those with no proof!

Again, please produce just one!!! Just one person who has a grief with Melenek II before you allow this verbal diareah to run from your mouth.

Blues,
Cliff Blues

Are you being serious with this question??? Please tell me you are kidding:S

If any progeny of a slave could document their family tree back to a slave that was working on a certain plantation or farm, would you support the progeny of that slave in a compensation lawsuit against those who profited from the slaves labor?

No. Whats done is done. Get over it. Reliving the past isnt going to help create a better future.[:/]

So if last week(the past) someone worked for Wachovia and Wachovia decided not to pay them , they should just forget it? What's done is done?

Blues,
Clif

If any progeny of a slave could document their family tree back to a slave that was working on a certain plantation or farm, would you support the progeny of that slave in a compensation lawsuit against those who profited from the slaves labor?

No. Whats done is done. Get over it. Reliving the past isnt going to help create a better future.[:/]

So if last week(the past) someone worked for Wachovia and Wachovia decided not to pay them , they should just forget it? What's done is done?

Bad comparison. If my Great, Great Great Grandfather got ripped off by an English Land Baron 200 years ago, I think you would find it rather ridiculous for me to try and collect the money now.

Bad comparison. If my Great, Great Great Grandfather got ripped off by an English Land Baron 200 years ago, I think you would find it rather ridiculous for me to try and collect the money now.

Oh , you said it poorly but what you are really trying to convey is a statute of limitations.
That doesn't apply to reperations for slavery.
I'm sure you understand the legal reasoning.

Blues,
Cliff

Oh , you said it poorly but what you are really trying to convey is a statute of limitations.

I was responding to your statement about collecting money owed by Wacovia to someone who worked there last week. I try to speak to each persons individual comprehension level. That way there's less chance for misunderstanding.

That doesn't apply to reperations for slavery.
I'm sure you understand the legal reasoning.

Who owes them money?