bobjoy9

What's with men & GUNS???

I don't get,, Why do so many people, Yes as chicks as well, like guns?

I don't understand it.
I went with this guy to watch him shoot his GLOCH at the local firing range and he was electric.
I asked him about the infatuation with him and his gun and he replied that it gave him a scence of power.
Ok, I'am actually thinking that this guy is one of those blokes who goes nuts and blows away everyone at Mcdonalds.
I don't really hang out with him anymore.
-
--

But on the other hand I really like the look of a chick wearing a bikini holding a M16. This is a bit of a turn on.
-
-
-
-
-
"LIFE IS GOOD - LIVE IT"
There's a little bit of EveL Knievel in all of us.

Moving to SC in 5...4...3..2..

Well, can't speak for folks you personally know, but I know I enjoy the skill it takes to be a very good shot. I also know that its a nice relaxing afternoon to go to the range.

You're right, though, its not just men, its not just women, its not folks trying to feel power or compensate (although I'm sure there are folks like that out there). Its a fun hobby and for some its a way of life and for others their life fully depends on their ability to be fast and accurate.

Also, its spelled Glock.;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I've always been into firearms. There so much fun. I really don't get any sense of power, its just that its fun to be out in the middle of nowhere or at a rifle range and blow the shit out of targets. Its alittle rewarding to know that you can put this little bullet 400 yards down the line into a target, or if you like to hunt, your kill or soon to be kill.

Moving to SC in 5...4...3..2..

-
-
Please forgive my ignorance and Bad spelling ,
But what's "Moving to SC in 5...4...3..2.. ?
I understand the countdown ,,But sc??
-
-
-Ps Do you do handycams?
I need some people to help with a survey I am doing?
-
-
-
-
"LIFE IS GOOD - LIVE IT"

Ah, sorry, that's DZ.com shorthand.

Speaker's Corner is the other forum on this site that threads about guns, politics, religion and such are generally posted in. So most likely a greenie (a moderator) will move this thread once its noticed.

I wouldn't worry about it, it'll get moved, it happens to everyone.

Handycams? As in shooting video or a glove mounted camera for tandems videos?

Its alittle rewarding to know that you can put this little bullet 400 yards down the line into a target, or if you like to hunt, your kill or soon to be kill.

-
- And you can't get that satisfaction from throwing rocks?
-
Dude, I get the whole hunting thing, especialy if you eat the creature and you need the food, but I still don't get it?
How , even if you grew up near firearms does it take skill, you have sights?
-
-
-
-
"LIFE IS GOOD - LIVE IT"

How , even if you grew up near firearms does it take skill, you have sights?

Sounds like you really need to get to a range and learn how to shoot. Ask your local range master (officer, whatever) about a safety class, etc. It takes an incredible amount of skill to be good at shooting. Yes, even with sites.

I've always been into firearms. There so much fun. I really don't get any sense of power, its just that its fun to be out in the middle of nowhere or at a rifle range and blow the shit out of targets. Its alittle rewarding to know that you can put this little bullet 400 yards down the line into a target, or if you like to hunt, your kill or soon to be kill.

There's no feeling like it! I've witnessed 400-yd. shots that bagged a dang good lookin' deer. My best shot, was with a 22250 at 320-yds. Killed a feral pig! I've got a witness to that, too!:)

Chuck

Handycams? As in shooting video or a glove mounted camera for tandems videos?

-
-
Tandem handycam,Glove type,,
I need to speak to as many people as possible
I am putting toget a manual for the up and comming handycamers, via e-mail, It's in my abaout me section.
-
-
-
-
"LIFE IS GOOD - LIVE IT"

My best shot, was with a 22250 at 320-yds. Killed a feral pig! I've got a witness to that, too!

-
-I am suprised that you have ferral pigs in the US,
We have thousands of then in the north of OZ, and there are many types that are into that up here,
The guys who hunt them with guns,
The guys who hunt with a pack of dogs and carry a pig sticker{ Large knife , they normally have a name for}
And there are the ones who bow hunt ofr them.
It's hunge up here our DZ ownere is a gun nut and flies to outback stations out in the middle of but F@*& nowhere and gets hundreds on a weekend.
I still don't get the satisfaction factor.
Yes they are doing a pulic service getting rid of them
-
-
-
-
"LIFE IS GOOD - LIVE IT"

Yes they are doing a pulic service getting rid of them
-
-

-Why, because you don't like them or understand them? That's a pretty narrow view. What if people didn't like or understand skydiving and tried to shut it down? -Oh wait, they already do...:| -Would you be happy about that as well?
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Nope, I have 700+ tandems and I still firmly believe that handycams are an unnessicary risk.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
-Man . I totally respect that you don't want to do them and in now way do I want to coearse you into it, But as saying an unessary risk?
So Is skydiving !!!
I know skydiving is a calculated risk,
but it is still a risk, And That's why I am putting this Maunal together not only to teach but to be understood.
I need to get a copy to you.
I would like to e-mail you personally about this as I don't want tp go further with this here.
As I am still dumd F$#@$d why people shoot guns?
-
-
-
-
"LIFE IS GOOD - LIVE IT"

I asked him about the infatuation with him and his gun and he replied that it gave him a scence of power.

I think that’s exactly why man love guns. In addition, a lot of people believe they can use their guns for personal protection. I mean they truly believe in their skills and ability to use the weapon effectively when someone points the gun at them and asks for money. LOL ;)

Debating with gun lovers is a waste of time. You cannot change them and you cannot even convince them that most gun owners suck really bad when it comes to shooting.

Farmers, who lived in the area of the ranch I work for, just cut these pigs loose and they have turned feral. Being pigs, they root and do a lot of damage to underground water lines going from windmills to water tanks. There's a lot of them in West Texas. Those and Russian boars as well as Javelina.

Chuck

I think debating with gun lovers is a waste of time. You cannot change them and you cannot even convince them that most gun owners suck really bad when it comes to shooting.

Replace "gun owners" with skydivers and "shooting" with skydiving.

:P

I mean they truly believe in their skills and ability to use the weapon effectively when someone points the gun at them asks for money.

I have never ever once stated that if someone points a weapon at me I'm going to try to draw my weapon. At that point the only thing that you can really do is give them your wallet. Infact every training method I've ever seen comments that if you're at point blank range and a perp has a gun on you, you're not going to be able to draw and it would be idiotic to believe so.

Honestly, your statements are much like a true whuffo talking about skydiving. Its fine to have your opinion, but I would suggest educating yourself on this topic a bit. Even if it doesn't change your opinion, you'll atleast speak with an educated opinion.

What if people didn't like or understand skydiving and tried to shut it down? -Oh wait, they already do...

-
-LoL , That was very witty,
-
-

-Why, because you don't like them or understand them?

-
--
I totally understand guns, They go bang and something dead, or a target gets hit.

I really don't like them ,, your right.
You got me by a technacallity.

No I have not known of anyone been killed by them .
But having semi automatic guns being outlawed here in oz was the best thing to happen scince skydiving .

And I totally understand that there will be a black market and people will still be shot by them.
BUT, you can't deny that the percentage will drematically drop.

As for killing animals for food I do understand that .
I like to eat .
-
-
-
-
"LIFE IS GOOD - LIVE IT"

And I totally understand that there will be a black market and people will still be shot by them.
BUT, you can't deny that the percentage will drematically drop.

Bwahahahaha!

Ok, ok, you're killing me here...

Anyways, this is a seriously broken record. Take every opinion from both sides to be stated and just do a search in the forums. You'll find it, complete with hard data supporting both sides of the arguement.

So enjoy! I need another beer, so I'm off to the fridge.:)

Doing something you're good at brings pretty much anyone a sense of satisfaction.

-
-
Ok , I started someting that is very touchy for the gun lovers and anti gun lovers.

But I was kinda hoping that I would see a pic or two of a cick in a bikini holding something,, enything buy now.

So Come on chicks , get to it,, Get that camera out and start shooting.
Think of it as shooting yourself and feeding us blokes.
-
-
-
-
"LIFE IS GOOD - LIVE IT"

Here ya go, I can help you out (since you haven't googled it)...

A quick google search brought me these images.

NSFW

http://www.thegunzone.com/images/gal-hunters4.jpg

http://www.chicksandguns.com/images/guns-3_03.jpg

http://www.chicksandguns.com/chicksguns2.html

http://www.thegunzone.com/images/gal-hunters1.jpg

Back from the fridge...

Ever hear of the ATF? Its a US gov agency.
I'll bring the chips

-
-
That's what I like.

Being able to have a descussion or heated one, without being shot.

And at the end of the day having beer with one ahother.

-
-
-
-
"LIFE IS GOOD - LIVE IT"

Here ya go, I can help you out (since you haven't googled it)...

-
-
Nice one bro,,,
That's what I'm talking about,

How's thoses feasent hunters?

Hummm, beer,,,,,,,feasent hunters,,,,Hummmm
-
-
-
-
"LIFE IS GOOD - LIVE IT"