Gravitymaster

Allawi:Saddam sponsored the birth of Al Qaeda in Iraq

SH did not live up to the cease fire agreement at the end of the gulf war.

That "agreement" was made uder duress.
It was not binding on any of the parties.

Should we have just said, "never mind, you don't have to comply after all?" Germany was allowed to violate the terms of the treaty of Versailles. Many thought they were not a threat. They were wrong.

Are you talking about germany or Iraq?

The fact is that Iraq was forced to sign a treaty under duress.

You do understand that concept of law , don't you,my friend?

Blues ,
Cliff

How do you suppose a war should end if one side is getting beaten so badly that it wants to surrender? How does such a surrender document get signed, while not under duress?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Just because you claim that UBL's claim of responsibility was fabricated does not make it so.

That is very true ,my freind.

Couild you please post "proof" that Osamas' video is legit?

I knew that you couldn't!

That tape is of a fat black guy . He be waitin' on the KFC truck to come on down the road.
Osama is more a bean sprouts and shish-ka-bob type . Certainly he aint got no fat ,wide nose.

Look at yo' Mama!

Blues ,
Cliff

Isn't it true that the Arab world believes that UBL did it? Why do you not trust their judgement?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

such a surrender document get signed, while not under duress?

I give up ,Bud.
How does a document ,given those circumstances,
get signed without duress?
Is it possible?

Blues,
Cliff

How does a document ,given those circumstances,
get signed without duress?
Is it possible?

No, it is not possible, and it does not matter that it was signed under duress.

#1 don't feel sorry for me.

You say 'He had proof" and then you go on to say"it was wrong". LOL!!!
Proof could not be wrong.
George didn't have "proof".

He had intel that pointed to a conclusion. He did not lie. You could say that he and Congress, the UN, and several other countries all read the intel wrong.

But its not a lie if you think its true, its just wrong.

If I tell you that the weather this weekend should be great according to the WX forcasts, and the weather turned to crap. I did not lie.

For it to be a lie I would have had to know that the WX was going to be bad.

In other words, when George W told Congress and the world that Saddam was a threat to America, quite simply, he was lying.

Was Gore, Berger, and Kerry also lying?

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country" --Gore, September 23,2003

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."--Sandy Berger, Feb 18, 1998.

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime...now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued decit and his consistant grasp for weapons of mass destruction...So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real" --John F. Kerry, Jan 23, 2003.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

>Good thinking. Bill. Lets just ignore everything he has to say from now on.

------------------------------------
Thwarted in his bid to be Iraq's leader, one-time Pentagon favorite Ahmad Chalabi has nevertheless captured a key position in the new government -- a deputy prime minister's spot and temporary control of the lucrative oil ministry. With his nephew also installed as finance minister, Chalabi and his family appear to have a firm grip on the country's purse strings."

Associated Press
April 28, 2005

Many American officials now blame Mr Chalabi for providing intelligence that turned out to be false or wild exaggerations about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction. Mr Chalabi, by far the most effective anti-Saddam lobbyist in Washington, shrugged off charges that he had deliberately misled US intelligence. "We are heroes in error," he told the Telegraph in Baghdad.

"As far as we're concerned we've been entirely successful. That tyrant Saddam is gone and the Americans are in Baghdad. What was said before is not important."

Daily Telegraph
February 19, 2004
-------------------------------------

Of course, since he's telling the right what they want to hear, his own admissions of inaccuracy - and what his lies got him - are unimportant.

Hey, I hear Michael Moore says Bush is a criminal!

>Good thinking. Bill. Lets just ignore everything he has to say from now on.

------------------------------------
Thwarted in his bid to be Iraq's leader, one-time Pentagon favorite Ahmad Chalabi has nevertheless captured a key position in the new government -- a deputy prime minister's spot and temporary control of the lucrative oil ministry. With his nephew also installed as finance minister, Chalabi and his family appear to have a firm grip on the country's purse strings."

Associated Press
April 28, 2005

Many American officials now blame Mr Chalabi for providing intelligence that turned out to be false or wild exaggerations about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction. Mr Chalabi, by far the most effective anti-Saddam lobbyist in Washington, shrugged off charges that he had deliberately misled US intelligence. "We are heroes in error," he told the Telegraph in Baghdad.

"As far as we're concerned we've been entirely successful. That tyrant Saddam is gone and the Americans are in Baghdad. What was said before is not important."

Daily Telegraph
February 19, 2004
-------------------------------------

Of course, since he's telling the right what they want to hear, his own admissions of inaccuracy - and what his lies got him - are unimportant.

Hey, I hear Michael Moore says Bush is a criminal!

Gee Bill, I hate to be the one to point this out to you, but it wasn't Chalabi who made the statement, it was Allawi. Of course unless you are saying all Arabs are liars.......