TypicalFish

Schiavo's parent's sell donor list...

List Of Schiavo Donors To Be Sold

If you expressed your support to Terri Schiavo and her parents fight to keep her alive, you may begin to receive a steady stream of solicitations, according to a Local 6 News report.

Terri Schiavo's parents have agreed to sell their list of supporters to a direct-mailing firm, Local 6 News reported.

The company, Response Unlimited pays about $150 a month for 6,000 names and $500 a month for 6,000 e-mail addresses.

A spokesperson for the Schindlers confirmed that they had agreed to sell the information, but won't say for how much.
"I gargle no man's balls..." ussfpa on SOCNET

Okay, I normally stay out of SC. I get enough in my political part time job. And, maybe they need the money from the legal fight, maybe they believe in continuing the fight for all people like Teri to be kept alive, but I can't believe everybody who helped them wanted their name to go public AND forever be associated with similar fight. Many probably don't care. And if the parents truely believe in the cause they would give the list away. But that may not practical in today's world. This needs to end and end now.

This seems a little (hmmm a lot) tacky.

BTW for what it's worth she should have been allowed to die 10 years ago. My father suffered from severe type II diabetes. It took both legs, kidneys, much of his eyesight and had started on his hands. When he went to the hospital by ambulance with a very brief comment and shake of the head from me, the doctor and I communicated essentially DNR. Doctor "Do you want us to start taking his fingers, he may not survive the surgery, or let it run its course?" Us (don't remember who said it but my mother, sister and I all agreed) "No, no surgery make him comfortable." One more brief comment to me from the doctor about resuitation and a shake from me set the ground rules. And that was it. We knew gangrene would take his life. It happened early the next morning rather than one or two months later. When we were called to the hospital the "code" supplies were still taped to the wall, were they belonged.

While the situation was different families make these decisions every day. And when faced with differences sometimes the courts have to intervene. But to have the state and then federal legislature and executive branches intevene is obscene. To try to impose their judgement on a personal issue, whether it's at the end of life or before the beginning is inappropriate. Whether you believe in either active or passive euthanasia, abortion, or even birth control, it simply should be a decision between the family, a woman and her doctor, clergy if so chosen, and in the case where appropriate, hopefully a potential father. It's non of government's business.

In my three campaigns for City Council (non partisan) of a well educated city of 45,000, I've been asked my position on abortion twice. Both of my answers were my personal belief is uninportant. It's none of my business. Many politicians in this area run on the Right to Life endorsement. Some truely believe, but others are believers of convenience because it's a virtual must have in most districts.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Yes, but the husband was the bad guy.

Most people would disagree with you on this matter.

Terri looked like complete shit, laying there on that hospital bed. She had nothing left inside here except some basic reflexes. Here soul was gone.

Her parents are nut jobs.

I'm glad she died.