jumpjunkie2004

Paintball Guns...

I agree with rehmwa. I wouldn't say I'm anti-gun, but I don't have much of an interest in them. Paintball, on the other hand, is a different beast. Like already stated, paintball is paintball. People who say "it's like tag" or the like, are probably talking to anti-gun type folk, people who say it's like military drills are probably talking with people who want to hear that. You will find all types, paintball is paintball.

<* Spread the Love! *>

I always wore summer weight BDU trousers and a lot of the time a M-65 field jacket with the collar flipped up. I also wore gloves with atleast the trigger finger cut short.

With that said, I played nearly 100% outlaw ball, I didn't like the speedball feel of fields (even though it wasn't truely speedball). Some of the games I played covered many many many acres with about 20 ppl total (10 per team), capture the flag variants that would take on average about 4 hours to play. A big limiting factor was paint. We'd also play games where you couldn't have more then 200 paint balls per person, then we had games that took literally all day in which we carried 1000rds each and extra tanks of gas.

Talk about a lot of fun, we all setup our markers for different tasks. I had a Spyder with a 16" rifled All-American barrel with a Bob Long Cyclone II bolt, I also did some mods to my marker to be able to reliably throw paint at 400fps. However, I wouldn't paint someone if they were within 25 yards of me and never in the mask (unless it was a truely long shot).

Needless to say, my marker wasn't setup for good paintball field play since its setup for long range hits, and I had trouble stepping my marker down to regulation limits of 300fps. If I had a 8" barrel with a double trigger and a few other mods then it would have been a good field marker, but that just wasn't as fun for me.

Man that was fun, all this talk about Paintball makes me want to go get my marker out of the box I put in the shed at my parents house when I moved out.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

if ya ever see paintballs in the freezer, get the gun from him immediately. i had a few friends with paintball guns and we got drunk one day and decided to try it. one guy got a broken wrist, another had a concussion, and i damn near got a broken leg. no fun, and actually can be deadly.