freeflyfree

Talon2 Tuck Tab cover on BOC?

This reminds me of a couple of other "dyed rigs.

The first was brought to R.I. (aka the Talon Factory) by a San Diego-based rigger. The second owner had dyed the rig black with some unknown type of shoe dye.
Sandy Reid's response was: "This rig was never here. We never saw it. We will not do any repairs on it. We will not do any updates on it." Sandy worried that mysterious dyes may have weakened harness webbing.
Since the rig was overdue for a couple of updates, it was effectively grounded.

A decade later, a Reflex showed up in my loft. The second owner had changed the colour of the Center flap with a felt marking pen. Since the colour change was only the outer (cosmetic) layer - several structural layers - I chose to ignore it. Have no seen that Reflex in a long time and suspect that it had retired.

Mathrick, That's exactly what RI said that it happened. They noticed that it had been dyed at some point after manufacture.

So I now have a nice harness to hang and practice Emergencies, or water training.
--
Blue Skies
NO FEARS, NO LIMITS, NO MONEY...
"A Subitánea et Improvísa Morte, Líbera nos, Domine."

Seller says that he washed the rig in an automatic washer along with another black rig or a black towel....his own words :S

I found he whole situation so comical. He threw a black towell along with the container? :D:D

--
Blue Skies
NO FEARS, NO LIMITS, NO MONEY...
"A Subitánea et Improvísa Morte, Líbera nos, Domine."