jeiber

Legalize Cat Hunting?

Well, in theory, the neighbor might realize that his cat has become a problem in the neighborhood, and maybe get him neutered so he's less aggressive, less likely to wander so far from home and less likely to spray where ever he feels like it. He also might get him a collar with tags or a bell to warn the birds. Its worth a conversation before the shooting starts anyway! Shooting your neighbor's pets (or your neighbors) is bad juju!

For the record, my cats are pampered house cats. One has backyard rights, but only when we are outside with him to keep an eye on him. It does drive the neighbor's dog apeshit when he's out in the yard though!

Getting the cat neutered might be an option but isn't a guarantee. One of my neutered cats still kills rabbits and squirells. I've tried taliking to him about his behavior but he usually tells me to mind my own business. Collars are a very bad idea for an outdoors cat because they will likely catch on something and cause strangulation

My point was a) it really isn't the cat's fault and b) there are other solutions besides shooting.

I hear you about the collars- I was aware of that but aren't there special collars and harnesses out there to minimize the risk?

I also know neutering isn't a guarantee, still a good idea though!

I've tried taliking to him about his behavior but he usually tells me to mind my own business.

Hahahaha yeah mine do that all the time, either that or just sit there and stare me out. I don't ttust animals that can go without blinking for half an hour.

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

I don't ttust animals that can go without blinking for half an hour.

I like that. :)

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Cat Shoots Owner

BATES TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - A man cooking in his kitchen was shot after one of his cats knocked his 9mm handgun onto the floor, discharging the weapon, Michigan State Police said.

Joseph Stanton, 29, of Bates Township in Iron County, was shot in his lower torso around 6 p.m. Tuesday, the state police post in Iron River reported. He was transported to Iron County Community Hospital.

Michelle Sand, a spokeswoman at the Iron River hospital, said Stanton was treated there before being transferred to Marquette General Hospital for further treatment. But Marcie Miller, a representative of the Marquette facility, said there was no record of the hospital receiving a patient by that name.

A telephone message seeking comment was left Wednesday at Stanton's home.

State police said he was cooking at his stove when the cat knocked the loaded gun off the kitchen counter behind him.

Cat Shoots Owner.......

I KNEW IT!!! I knew there was something behind the funny looks my cats give me. I always wondered why they sniffed around the house so much, now I know THEY ARE LOOKING FOR GUNS!!! :D

I got supspicious when I heard that cats will eat their owners if they die but this is the icing on the cake! Right, that's it, they're out on the street and the cat flap is getting glued!! ;)

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

Hi Jeiber :) Yes, i’ve missed you too ;) Sorry i post so late in this thread of yours but i’ve been suffering from a permanent lack of time lately and whole my internet activity is internet-cafe based so as you can imagine it doesn’t make makes things any easier. But nevermind those organisational problems;

CATS are the most perfect creatures in the world. They’re beautiful, elegant and sophisticated. Anybody who seriously thinks of hunting them must be a mierzavietz and a BARBARRRIAN!

There have already been people in China and USSR who tried to make the nature function better. Guess what happened - they caused utter devastation. Ever heard of the Chinese organised action that took place during the Cultural Revolution? The sparrows were its object. They ate the corn or something and Chinese authorities came to the conclusion that it brought loses so it was decided that every family had to kill as many sparrows as possible. And so was done. Not much time paseed and China suffered from an ultimate bug plague.

Of course, apart from being living perfections, cats are also effincintly effective killing machines but then not only cats kill other animals. Squirells and mice don’t eat meat as far as i know but why don’t you think about all those poor insects the nasty birds exterminate? Don’t they also have the right to live? You pity birds who die in jaws of the cats? What about all those defenceless cows, pigs and chickens slaughtered each year just for the sake of our palatal pleasures? And how about hundreds of Grass Leaves That Are Destroyed Each Time The Skydivers Land (copyright by Ulissa) after having their egoistic pleasure of skydiving? Not to mention the global pollution, destroying forests and CO2 emission.

Humanity can be easily seen as the CANCER eating the Earth away. Why not legalize men hunting? Or better – provoke a massive neutron bomb attack that would wipe humanity out and let the Earth be finally reborn.

Now let’s all chant: FREE THE EARTH! FREE THE EARTH! ;)

Regards,

ying.

>Why not legalize men hunting?

It is legal. Just go sign up at the military recruiting office of your choice. Heck, if you kill enough people in the military, they give you a medal.

>Or better – provoke a massive neutron bomb attack that would wipe
> humanity out and let the Earth be finally reborn.

Don't worry; we're working on that too.

CATS are the most perfect creatures in the world. They’re beautiful, elegant and sophisticated. Anybody who seriously thinks of hunting them must be a mierzavietz and a BARBARRRIAN!

I have some old friends in Western Montana who hunt cats during the winter. When I say cats I mean Mt. Lion and Bob cats. I've never done it, but it sounds like great exercise and fun. You turn several hounds loose on a fresh track in the snow, and then try to keep up.

Often times the cat gets away. Other times the dogs come out on the short end of things. Some times a hound is chewed up or clawed bad.

A friend had one of his favorite hounds killed by a big cat. The lion not only killed it, but ate half of it. He showed me a picture of what was left.

But getting back to house cats..... Do you know how most houndsmen train lion dogs. As pups they turn them loose on you know what. I don't like this part of it either. I watched this once, and it really turned my stomach. I can't say for sure that most train their hounds this way, but many do....Steve1

Or just go to a bar on a Saturday night. You will see plenty of people legally hunting men.

Open season on me!!! ;) I guess there isn't much sport in hunting such easy prey. :P:$

Jeff
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

Or just go to a bar on a Saturday night. You will see plenty of people legally hunting men.

Open season on me!!! ;)

Do women have to mudwrestle you before they can catch you? ;)

I guess there isn't much sport in hunting such easy prey. :P:$

This is why I have taken up hunting gay men. It is much more of a challenge.

***UPDATE***

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050413/ap_on_re_us/killing_wild_cats&e=5

Wis. Residents Seek Legalized Cat Hunting

BY RYAN J. FOLEY, Associated Press Writer

MADISON, Wis. - Although Wisconsin residents have voiced their support for a plan to legalize wild cat hunting, some legislators and cat lovers say they will continue their fight.

The proposal would allow licensed hunters to kill free-roaming cats, including any domestic cat that isn't under the owner's direct control or any cat without a collar, just like skunks or gophers — something the Humane Society of the United States has described as cruel and archaic.

Outdoor enthusiasts approved the proposal 6,830 to 5,201 at Monday's spring hearings of the Wisconsin Conservation Congress, a citizens' advisory group.

The results, released Tuesday by the state, get forwarded to the Natural Resources Board for its consideration. Ultimately, though, any measure would have to be passed by the Legislature and signed by Gov. Jim Doyle.

Already, two state senators — Scott Fitzgerald and Neil Kedzie — are promising they'll do everything they can to keep the plan from becoming law.

Kedzie, who chairs the Natural Resources and Transportation Committee, called the issue "a distraction from the main tasks we have at hand."

"I don't see a whole lot of momentum for it," Kedzie said. "It's not the responsibility of the DNR to regulate cats."

Fitzgerald, co-chairman of the Legislature's powerful Joint Finance Committee, said he will "work against any proposed legislation to legalize the shooting of feral cats."

At least two other upper Midwestern states, South Dakota and Minnesota, allow wild cats to be shot — and have for decades.

Every year in Wisconsin alone, an estimated 2 million wild cats kill 47 million to 139 million songbirds, according to state officials. Despite the astounding numbers, the proposal has been met with fierce opposition from cat lovers such as Ted O'Donnell.

O'Donnell, who gathered more than 17,000 signatures in an online petition to oppose the plan, was joined at Monday's meetings by scores of other animal lovers who held pictures of cats, clutched stuffed animals and wore whiskers.

Even Karen Hale, the head of the Madison Audobon Society, one of the largest pro-bird groups in the country with 2,500 members, voted no. She said the proposal was just too controversial, even though wild cats have reduced the state's bird population