Zenister

'required' reading for entry into the Speakers Corner...

Dude...it's a long standing and well known joke. Kallend may not be very funny, but he's not narrow minded.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Actually the graduate from our school with the lowest ever GPA went into military intelligence. He was NROTC, graduated with 2.000GPA exactly. (The smartest NROTC students go into nuclear power, the next smartest into aviation....)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Actually the graduate from our school with the lowest ever GPA went into military intelligence

My brother is a mech E from University of Texas; he said that the two lowest GPA guys (and deservedly so, too, in his opinion) went to work for the amusement park industry, designing roller coasters.

He's not real big on roller coasters since that time :P

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

it's a long standing and well known joke

I'm well aware of the joke, the old, tired, and rather uneducated joke ... it's also pretty well known that its taken as a joke coming from someone on the inside, but as a slight from those on the outside... kinda like the "n" word...

Our Military Intellignece organizations, while by no means perfect, are some of the best in the world...

Our professional military leadership are some of the most effective "critical thinkers" in our government, While those skills may not extend to the civilian leadership, to slight those who have dedicated a lifetime to the protection of our way of life is narrow minded. It seems to be a sport for some around here. [:/]

J

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

it's a long standing and well known joke

I'm well aware of the joke, the old, tired, and rather uneducated joke ... it's also pretty well known that its taken as a joke coming from someone on the inside, but as a slight from those on the outside... kinda like the "n" word...

Our Military Intellignece organizations, while by no means perfect, are some of the best in the world...

Our professional military leadership are some of the most effective "critical thinkers" in our government, While those skills may not extend to the civilian leadership, to slight those who have dedicated a lifetime to the protection of our way of life is narrow minded. It seems to be a sport for some around here. [:/]

J

J

Funny you should say that. On Saturday I was at the US Navy/Marine Corps Birthday Ball in Chicago(they invited two civilian guests, I was one of them).

Anyhow, my host was a Captain USN (FA18 pilot), and also at my table were two Commanders USN. I told the story of the kid with the lowest ever GPA to graduate from our school who went into military intelligence, and they (and especially their wives) all though it very funny and consistent with their experiences.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I am offended. I have a smelly dog and that joke makes light of the situation. You're a bad bad person.

I am offended. My brother lost his nose in a horrible colby cheese factory machine accident. He's a bad, bad person.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants