Kennedy

Condi Rice to Become Sec State

After the comming 4 years there is a good chance that Powell will jump on board with the Democrats to distant himself from Iraq. No chance of that. If by chance he were to jump to another ship there would be a good possibilty that he would win the Dem ticket taking Hillary on as the vp. 8 years of Powell and Clinton then a Clinton run in 2016. Hillary's already gearing up for 08...she and Willie secretly breathed a sigh of relief when Kerry went in Powell could easily take out Rice. He has far more clout the Dr. Rice. as most Americans believed Powell had a very promising shot at winning and becoming the first black President of the United States. Concern for his wife, three children, and two grandchildren kept him wary of running. His wife received racist hate mail concerning the possibility of Powell running, and Powell maintained his stance that respect and agreement among family members were of the most importance. "General Powell's decision not to run for president was a mutual decision by him and Alma, his wife of 33 years," As brilliant as Dr. Rice is she is but a parrot for the Bush administration. Powell left because he sees a bleak outcome and would no longer put up a false face. If he does have any desire to run for Prez his only hope is to jump ship.

Powell had a much better chance of being POTUS in '96. I seriously doubt he'll run, and I don't think Hillary's looking to ride anyones coattails into the oval office.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

cartoonist created a cartoon using basic black stereotypes

Just for arguments sake. If a cartoonist would use basic blonde sterotypes, would there be such an outrage?

Ummm probably not.

If they were remarking on the color of her hair, it wouldn't be racial remarks would it.... It would be a HAIRY situation (pun intended)

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

If they were remarking on the color of her hair, it wouldn't be racial remarks would it.... It would be a HAIRY situation (pun intended)

I didn't see any reference to her skin colour.

also, the reference in many of the cartoons were raciall motivated. That is what the article was talking about.

also, the reference in many of the cartoons were raciall motivated. That is what the article was talking about.

I don't see anything wrong with refering to her race, as long as it isn't derogatory. Those two are of different races, not that it matters, but that is a fact, nothing wrong with pointing that out. If she looked like your average Cali Valley Girl, the cartoons would have been about that and no comments would have been made about it.

I don't see anything wrong with refering to her race, as long as it isn't derogatory. Those two are of different races, not that it matters, but that is a fact, nothing wrong with pointing that out. If she looked like your average Cali Valley Girl, the cartoons would have been about that and no comments would have been made about it.

Did you not read the cartoon in the first post???

The cartoonimplies the woman can not speak proper english.... I am guessing it is not because she is stupid. She does have a PHD and did put herself through 10 yrs of college... So, what do they mean?

How about forgetting the distractions about race and gender,and getting back to her basic incompetence

how about you stop trying to hijack my thread about racism how it reared its ugly head against Dr. Rice?

Go start your own thread. You can call it "Rice Is Incompetant"
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

How about forgetting the distractions about race and gender,and getting back to her basic incompetence

how about you stop trying to hijack my thread about racism how it reared its ugly head against Dr. Rice?

Go start your own thread. You can call it "Rice Is Incompetant"

Like your spelling?:o

No, I like it here better.:)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Where did you get the idea that govt. is supposed to tell you whats going on and what the Govts. plans are to deal with Natl. Security issues?

Did you read the examples of her lies? They were lies AFTER the fact.

You really believe govt. should consult you first?

Yes, they represent me. Do you think the gov't should dictate it's policies to you?

Where did you get the idea that govt. is supposed to tell you whats going on and what the Govts. plans are to deal with Natl. Security issues?

Did you read the examples of her lies? They were lies AFTER the fact.

Since when did you think she owed you an explanation. Sometimes when a govt official is asked about something in public, they are not always going to tell the truth for various reasons.

You really believe govt. should consult you first?

Yes, they represent me. Do you think the gov't should dictate it's policies to you?

Do you mind if I stop laughing before I answer? :D:D:D:D

Since when did you think she owed you an explanation. Sometimes when a govt official is asked about something in public, they are not always going to tell the truth for various reasons.

Please give a valid reason for any of the lies posted. Just one. What valid reason is there to say no one could have imagined terrorists using planes as bombs when they had a memo stating exactly that? Why say that we are seeking a peaceful solution when war is already planned? Why say no one knew documents were forged, when you were told that they might be?

I can only think of one reason for these lies. To cover your ass. None of them served the interests of the people of the US.

Are you done laughing? Do you think the gov't should dictate policy to the citizenry?

Haven't you learned to NOT bait the ShrubCo supporters with actual quotes and factual citations that can be verified? Their reality distortion fields disallows such data.

Take a look at the study at

http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/Pres_Election_04/html/new_10_21_04.html#1

The questions, conclusions, and methodology are listed on the site. Pretty scary. These are the folks that voted for Shrub. These are the folks you are trying to argue with.

Someone with more time than I have can Google for the news reports from 2000 about Shrub's appearance at the Economic Conference in Italy. Shrub stayed on an aircraft carries off the coast of Italy due to the threat of "aerial terrorist attacks" on land based accommodations. This was before 9/11. In other words, Condi is a liar at best and completely uninformed at worst.

Caricatures by definition exaggerate physical characteristics. The people who don’t get the reference to “aluminum tubes” show their ignorance about the “WMDs” that Iraq was supposed to have. Try Googling “Aluminum tubes” WMDs and Iraq. You’ll find plenty to read. Once you know the facts, the cartoon is pretty funny. As others have pointed out, if she was a “valley girl” instead of an American with dark colored skin, the race card never would have come out.

The bird cartoon is pretty funny. When I first saw it I took the caricature as “Condi the Chihuahua”. As a bird it is funny, but nearly as funny as a Chihuahua.

I would be impressed by Condi if she appeared to have critical thinking skills and a healthy dose of personal integrity. She seems to have neither, which makes her fully qualified to be a key member of ShrubCo.

Condi is the first National Security Advisor that actively campaigned in a presidential election. This activity had never been performed by any NSA before her, for good reason. It isn’t supposed to be a political job. Look it up.

Colin Powell may or may not be an “Uncle Tom”. He sure got no respect from the ShrubCo axis of evil (Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz) and ended up looking pretty stupid as events played out. I’ll reserve judgment until I see what he has to say once he is fully out of the clutches of ShrubCo. I hope his book is as interesting a read as Clark’s was.

Please give a valid reason for any of the lies posted. Just one. What valid reason is there to say no one could have imagined terrorists using planes as bombs when they had a memo stating exactly that? Why say that we are seeking a peaceful solution when war is already planned? Why say no one knew documents were forged, when you were told that they might be?

I can only think of one reason for these lies. To cover your ass. None of them served the interests of the people of the US.

Are you done laughing? Do you think the gov't should dictate policy to the citizenry?

I don't know the entire context that the three statements you cite were made. The first statement about nobody being able to predict planes being crashed into the WTC and Pentagon is probably not a lie. I think she's refering to "no specific threat" regarding a day, time and target." If thats what she meant, then I don't see it as a lie.

I don't know why she told Haas what she did. Perhaps her statements to him were that he should continue to assume a diplomatic solution was still possible, but to proceed as if one wouldn't be reached. I find it kind of hard to believe that if SH had not been playing the games he played up until the start of the war that a justification would have been very easy.

About the forged documents. I don't know. It does sound like a CYA.

Caricatures by definition exaggerate physical characteristics. The people who don’t get the reference to “aluminum tubes” show their ignorance about the “WMDs” that Iraq was supposed to have. Try Googling “Aluminum tubes” WMDs and Iraq. You’ll find plenty to read. Once you know the facts, the cartoon is pretty funny. As others have pointed out, if she was a “valley girl” instead of an American with dark colored skin, the race card never would have come out.

So, how about the "Gone With The Wind" reference comparing her to an illiterate slave? Seems to be typical tactics by "The party of inclusion".

I would be impressed by Condi if she appeared to have critical thinking skills and a healthy dose of personal integrity. She seems to have neither, which makes her fully qualified to be a key member of ShrubCo.

Gee, you're right...maybe George should fire her and hire Sandy Berger?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706