quade

Iraqi leader declares state of emergency

I guessing it imposes some additional limitations on people or losens some legal protections.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/11/07/iraq.main/index.html

Call me silly, but what the hell was it before?

Oh, that's right, it was before the elections . . . now that we have that out of they way Iraq is in a state of emergency.

If Bush had gone into Falluja before the elections you'd be calling it a ploy. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. The state of emergency is to check the irrational whack jobs while they deal with an enclave of irrational violent whack jobs for the greater good. It's all about a silly little thing like delivering freedom and democracy. I don't think there's any historical precedent for this, with the possible exception of Napoleon posturing as he invaded Egypt (he was unsuccessfull and the rest is history).

It's just amazing how folks in America distrust their leaders despite it all being out there on the table. You saw the ellection and you have the expressed intent ahead of time, you even got to vote on it. you know why we're there and what the intention is but you'd rather believe rumour & speculation about darker motives.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/11/07/iraq.main/index.html

Call me silly, but what the hell was it before?

Oh, that's right, it was before the elections . . . now that we have that out of they way Iraq is in a state of emergency.

You might also remember that before US Forces could go into Fallujah, we needed to get British Forces to relieve US Forces in Bagdad. It isn't all one big conspiracy, you know. Sometimes things happen as the natural flow of events unfolds.

It's just amazing how folks in America distrust their leaders despite it all being out there on the table.

It's not about trust. It's about some people who are so blind that they believe anything their party tells them.

I thought a forum full of adults would be above the, "Liberals good...Republicns bad" mentality. Thought their man getting his ass whooped in the elections would have been a wake up call. Looks as though Liberals are still in fact sleeping.

Forty-two

People seem to forget the human cost to all of this (and maybe a reason why there are so many people pissed off with the US in Iraq).

Caption for the attached picture is:

"An Iraqi doctor treats a wounded two-year-old boy after he was brought to the hospital when his house collapsed during an air raid in Fallujah. "
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

People seem to forget the human cost to all of this (and maybe a reason why there are so many people pissed off with the US in Iraq).

I don't forget the human cost, but I weigh it against the human benefit. Should we tollerate endless attacks from terrorists in an untouchable enclave because they hide among civilians? Post a few images of car bomb and IED victims around Iraq and we'll all have a clearer picture of what this is about. Or how about the gruesome images of the crowds of Falluja residents mutilating the corpses of four Americans.

http://massgraves.info/

WARNING: **VERY GRUESOME FALLUJA IMAGES** Do not click if you may be upset:
http://www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/pictures033104.html

It seems to me the US has tried everything with Fallujah including putting an ex-Saddam era general in charge. Now it's time for the last resort.

Mikkey posted a picture of an Iraki baby you posted a picture of an American... The diference is that the little boy was
a) in his own country
b) was not by any mean a terrorist

the american was
a) Not in his country
b) supporting as a contractor the invasion effort.

Dude, do yourself a test. Look very intensely at the baby picture, and pretend he is your son. Now ask yourself if all those excuses like common good democracy or collateral damage make you feels any better.
Don´t think it is an Iraki baby, think that it is american and your son. Not funny anymore huh?

You missed the mass graves link.

But taking your post at face value, give yourself a test, look at the mutilated bodies hanging from the bridge and pretend it's your father or brother.

For the record I'm not American and I never thought the injured baby was funny (don't know where you got that from). I think it's morally bankrupt to look only at that baby and say that this war must be wrong while ignoring the context. It's tragic for sure, but there's a bigger picture.

The terrorists in Falluja are ultimately trying to suppress other Iraqi's. They don't want democracy in Iraq.

This is a good thing. All those terrorists and insurgents are about to be dealt with.

"About" to be taken care of? And why did we wait so long and let them take control of cities? Must be some new military strategy to lull them into a false sense of safety by letting them kill our troops and destroy the new construction that has been done.:S

It's not about trust. It's about some people who are so blind that they believe anything their party tells them.

Interesting, I was thinking the same thing about Republicans. They are sheep and Rove/Bush are the sheepherders.

If Bush had gone into Falluja before the elections you'd be calling it a ploy.

Falluja fell to the conrol of the insurgents long before the Dem Convention. Bush could have ordered the attack on the city long before hand and it would have fallen into the rest of his war rhetoric while on the stump. However, it seems he let American troops die a couple a day instead of risking possible bad press during election.

Apparently over 50% of the Iraqi battalion in the Fallujah assault deserted over the weekend!

Apparently or reportedly same same. Same as viet nam. We were told lots of stuff that history proved were incorrect.

IMO The iraqi battalion isn't there for military reasons but for polical ones to help us win the hearts and mnds of the locals. If i was a Iraqi solider and a american g.i. was willing to die in my place to do my job. I'm really not sure what I'd do.

One day the americans will leave iraq and the iraq's that fought with us may find that their neighbor's, rebels, freedom fighters didn't appreciate their bro's helping the occupying forces of the U.S.

Saddam is gone let the Iraq's sort out the mess.

R.I.P.