PhillyKev

Euthenasia, abortion, death penalty

Says it all really. These issues are not binary.

Pro euthenasia: For the terminally ill with chronic pain or just anyone who asks?

Anti-Abortion: For rape victims in the first trimester? Are we talking about the morning after pill or are we talking about partial birth abortions after 8 months. What about sextuplets and a risk to the other kids?

Death Penalty? For a child murdering serial killer with a penchant for buggery and a trail of DNA evidence or a juvenile who's the getaway driver in a liqour store raid gone bad?

You're absolutely right they're not binary, and the poll will show what people consider themselves to be -- I'll bet there are people who call themselves pro-choice who some pro-choicers would consider not to be; I'll bet the same applies to some folks who consider themselves to be pro-life.

Ah well. Consider there are people who think that Attila the Hun is a little too far left for them, too :D

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

i'm against all three; one shouldn't kill oneself...play the cards your dealt; abortion for the purposes of shirking responsibility is wrong and dangerous for society; death for criminals is too easy...i'm for reinstituting hard labor with no comforts.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

Ahhhh, you see, there are lots and lots of different schenarios and individual circumstances surrounding each of these issues. Hard for me to justify legislating something like that instead of leaving the choice up to the individuals it directly effects. And as far as the death penalty, you are directly affecting someone who you've given no choice to, that could be innocent, or could actually be reformed, or for the religious among us, who might have some purpose to God.

Side note...damn, did I really spell euthanasia wrong 9 times in that poll :|

Euthanasia: for terminally ill, or intractable pain, by choice or direction of the patient.

Abortion: On demand NO APOLOGIES, period

Death penalty: Many issues:
1. Risk of innocent being executed too high
2. Capital punishment is not reversible or amendable. Dove-tails with issue 1.
3. Limit of power of the state. The state should never have power to remove life.
4. Ineffective as deterrent. Those who violate murder laws don't consider consequences.
5. Cost. Cheaper to do life without.
6. Vengeance. Justice must be limited to that which protect the safety of society, not predicated on the hurt feeling of the aggrieved. The state should not be in the vengeance business.

Let the shitblizzard begin.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Pro euthanasia,anti abortion (except for rape,incest)pro death penalty,pro stem cell research, pro human cloning and genetic engineering, pro zero population growth,after all will be up to 9 BILLION in less than 50 years[:/]

Hmmm...... maybe I'll watch Soylent Green tonite.....yummy:P
Marc SCR 6046 SCS 3004

Three lightning rod topics - none of which will have a major effect on the majority of US citizens.

Euthanasia...legally for it. Morally against it. Not the job of government to impose religious beliefs on others who do not hold them.

Pre-natal murder - adamantly against it morally. Though from a legal perspective I have no problem with it during the early stages of pregnancy as I base my belief that it's murder at that stage on faith vice fact, so passing a law outlawing it would be imposing my faith upon others, which I would never do.

Death penalty - I agree with St. Thomas Aquinas & St. Augustine. No problem with it from a legal or moral perspective.

Beers to all,
:S
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!