Rebecca

Now THIS pisses me off SO MUCH!!!

We're much, much worse. They were left there to rot. AN ENTIRE GENERATION of a protected species, and for WHAT? Sport? Protest? Anger that they might dare eat fish that would've brought in a buck or two?

And don't even get me started on the abortion thing. Frankly, we don't need more of us. If a woman wants to legally end her pregnancy, that's her choice. It has nothing to do with this topic, so move on.

And there you have it ...

We're much, much worse. They were left there to rot. AN ENTIRE GENERATION of a protected species, and for WHAT? Sport? Protest? Anger that they might dare eat fish that would've brought in a buck or two?

And don't even get me started on the abortion thing. Frankly, we don't need more of us. If a woman wants to legally end her pregnancy, that's her choice. It has nothing to do with this topic, so move on.

And there you have it ...

By which you mean what, exactly?

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

That sounds about right (the part about culling). It's easy to justify some things to yourself if they are in the way of how you feed your family.

And it's easy for people on the outside to say "well, deal with it." That applies to a lot of situations.

But, well, clubbing baby seals and doing other cruel things is disgusting.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

And how is adopting a baby backing up your belief that pre-natal murder is wrong?
:S

Because if you're going to try and force other people to endure a burden based on your beliefs, by taking on that burden yourself it shows you're not just giving it lip service. I respect that. Otherwise I think it's hypocritical.

Illogical. Are all liberals who support repealing tax cuts on the high achievers and don't offer to help the high achievers pay the higher taxes hypocrites as well?
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Because if you're going to try and force other people to endure a burden based on your beliefs,

Ok I take back what I said in the other thread PK. :PNo one forced a burden on anyone they made that choice If they didn't want to get pregant then they shouldn't be F***ing or they should get fixed. Think before you type.

As far as the seals go, they (the people that did this)should be tracked down and suffer the same fate....

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

If they didn't want to get pregant then they shouldn't be F***ing or they should get fixed

People who make comments like that are the ones that should be fixed. That was a James Hart comment. I suppose you are all for getting rid of the poverty and welfare gene too. I don't want children and I shouldn't have to have surgery or stop having sex with my husband. Abortion should not be used as birth control. Many people are actually responsible when it comes to their sex lives.

Now back to the more important things the seals. I hope they slaughter the people that did that.

J
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

our planet...such complete disregard for anything but profit and selfishness

well duh! Think of all the millions of dollars celebrities spend frivolously, when the money could be spent on more important things
humans are cruel, rotten...but that's not the end of all things.

http://www.meetyourmeat.com <----click if you wanna watch a video about more animal cruelty. Yes, human beings can be sick, the way they have to inflict pain on other animals...but wait a sec, don't humans inflict pain on their loved ones too,?
I have to agree with Steve, many people get upset when they see animals slaughtered, yet will not even blink an eye at the thought of children being slaughtered. As far as choice goes, what about the females being aborted, don't they have a choice? (sorry about the highjack, I just see the two topics ironic)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Rubbish. Are you much worse than an animal because you're outraged by this? Is anyone on this board?

Man is capable of many things, from wanton cruelty to irrational indulgent self loathing. We all have the capacity for this inside but many of us choose to live and act and think well. To take an isolated incident of the most horrible abhorrent kind of behavior and use that to tar us all as a species in support of your agenda when most of us are repulsed by this doesn't even approach rational thought.

Dude,seriously. I know nature is violent. I know orcas toss a seal or two around in fun. But they're the animals.

Rubbish. Are you much worse than an animal because you're outraged by this? Is anyone on this board?

Man is capable of many things, from wanton cruelty to irrational indulgent self loathing. We all have the capacity for this inside but many of us choose to live and act and think well. To take an isolated incident of the most horrible abhorrent kind of behavior and use that to tar us all as a species in support of your agenda when most of us are repulsed by this doesn't even approach rational thought.

Sorry for replying to this when you were addressing Rebecca.
Its great that most of us are repulsed by this sort of behaviour, and, more generally fucking up the planet, and as that's the case, I wish most of us would do something about it. However, as we're not, I can see Rebecca's view that the world would be better off without us.
Next Mood Swing: 6 minutes

Absurd on many levels. I do not understand this fervent zealotry you have with regards to defending pre-natal murder. You even go so far as to call your own leftie comrades hypocrites when I back you into a corner by using your own argument against you vice admitting your pro-pre-natal murder argument about adoption is flawed. Amazing.

To each is own I suppose. I'm zealous about some thing as well.
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I don't consider it human life, therefore it is not murder. Period. Not sure why you can't understand that. Understand why you don't agree, but not why you don't understand.

I don't have any leftie comrades. People who scream about the environment and drive SUVs are hypocrites. People who scream about protecting innocent human lives but support war are hypocrites. Hypocrisy is everywhere.

I can see Rebecca's view that the world would be better off without us.

The world would be a much less interesting place and would IMHO be a bit pointless.

I hope that if we do ever find another planet with sophisticated life that it is inhabited by intelligent creatures on par with Humans (or better). If it was just a biological zoo floating around in space until its star died that would be a disappointment. The Earth is enriched by our presence and appreciation of it's majesty as is the universe. Our conscious appreciation of these abstract things is the pinnacle of emergent properties in a stunningly complex and seemingly improbable yet possibly inevitable series of such things.

So you're saying that if a world exists, but no one's around to appreciate it, it's pointless?

Do you really think the world is a better place since we showed up, got civilized, and started raping its resources?

I'm taking a hard line here for the purpose of discussion - I really am glad to exist, and I'm glad you're all here to discuss with me, but from the Earth's perspective, what have we done but cause its steady ruin?

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Raping it's resources? Like Oil? Yea we really raped the oil, it was happy sitting there under miles of dirt minding it's own business.

Man *IS* part of nature. Our actions form part of the existence of Earth and IMHO the richest part in many ways. Life in the Solar system is much more brutal than man.

The Earth has been "raped" several times by cometary collisions that cause massive extinctions of most species and ecosystems. That's OK by you because the comet has no brain. We do, so maybe if we're smart we can do something about the next collision, and even avoid the otherwise inevitable extinction of all life on our world with the death of the Sun & geothermal activity.

I'm not saying a world is entirely pointless without intelligent life, but is a petri dish of bacteria pointless before it's sterilized. I'm sure the bacteria have a great time but... well ...

It's not that the Earth would be pointless without us, it would be vastly diminished. You're too busy fretting over some cruel details (that happen a millionfold in nature if truth be told) and completely miss how enriching a conscious intelligent presence is on our planet. It's an indulgent position I find as contemtible and disappointing as many other unfortunate human traits.

Man is an animal in part, driven by instincts and baser motives, it's in part our legacy of being like the animals you adore that drives some of what you despise. Not that I really like to draw a distinction between different aspects of what a human is.

So you're saying that if a world exists, but no one's around to appreciate it, it's pointless?

Do you really think the world is a better place since we showed up, got civilized, and started raping its resources?

I'm taking a hard line here for the purpose of discussion - I really am glad to exist, and I'm glad you're all here to discuss with me, but from the Earth's perspective, what have we done but cause its steady ruin?

Ach I keep hearing Bush is supported by 52% of the nation. No, he's supported by 52% of those that get off their asses and vote.

Look, there was such a staggeringly huge drive to vote this election, probably huger than all other elections. NO ONE has an excuse for not having voted in this election if they were at all eligible. For over a YEAR now people have been screaming from one remote corner of this country to the opposite, "Get registered, and VOTE!"

Anyone who did not vote this time around, with all the controversy, discussion, hoopla, furor surrounding the state of our presidency and our government, you probably don't want voting.

So yeah, I'd say that this vote reflected everyone who we'd want to hear from, given that anyone who didn't vote has no excuse for not "getting off their ass" and if they did not, they are probably some reallllly loathesome lazy non-thinkers.

Anyone who could not find themselves motivated to vote in 2004, of all years, in the U.S., is hopeless

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"