tunaplanet

2004 Presidential Election Thread

Ah, figured you would say something like that. Tell me once and where I asked to remove a right from you? Exactly. I haven't. Do I want to take your guns from you? Nope. Do I want some control in place? Yup. But I do not want to remove your rights.

O.K. tell you what, I don't want to remove your right to skydive, I just want to force you to wear a cypres and have your name and fingerprints on file with the FBI. But, I don't want to remove your right. Will you support this?

Sure, whats the big deal anyway? After almost being kidnapped as a kid, they put our prints on file. I already have a Cypres (did 150 jumps without one and know I don't need one, but I like the safety of it). I'm certain with some of the stupid stuff I did as a kid I have a file somewhere (actually I know my prints are on file with the FBI). Whats the big deal? And you know what, if we don't self police ourself all of those things may happen. It's the idiots that f*ck it up for everyone. There are too many idiots that own guns and they screw it up for the good ones. You still have your rights, but you are just a little annoyed at some of the extra steps.

I have a FOID card, I shoot guns, and if I lived in the burbs I may even own one. However, I need to own a gun as much as I need a sports car.

As an American, I can get married. Therefore, all Americans should be able to get married. If not, then take the right away from everyone.

Now, I may be missing something...that's rather likely, knowing me...but can someone educate me a bit more about how Kerry could still win?

If CO and NM and OH go to Bush, it doesn't seem like there will be enough ECs to get to 271.

So what am I missing?

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Not over yet, Gents. It's all about Ohio. If Kerry wins it, he gets 280+ EV. If Bush wins it, he gets 271+.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

It's a great day!!

Another reason it's a great day is because 9 states have banned gay marraige. Thank fucking God.

You enjoy having something on the books that denies a right to Americans? So much for equal rights in this country.

Very unpatriotic. Very Disappointing. Disgusting.

Only one state AFAIK has voted for legislation that would prevent equal equivalent legal rights w.r.t. civil unions, the other states ban "Marriage". Calling people who have reasoned objections to your views unpatriotic is just bizarre, and disgusting. I'm a supporter of equal rights for gays, but I also know what marriage is. For me it's a fundamental definition. This debate has been intentionally polarized by the left and the right and this is the result. How about this for a definition of unpatriotic: "Divisively polarizing an issue with the intention of splitting the country where before there had been steady progress towards a common ground." The quiet progressive moves towards tollerance and legally recognized civil unions just wasn't enough for politically motivated partisans in this so they let the wrecking balls fly for a few more votes (they hoped).

Someone please tell me why they won't call Florida with 98% of returns in and a 5% spread for Bush? And please no B.S. about absentee ballots any fool can see that's a non issue at this stage.

LOL...wanna see something funny? One of the reasons Kerry picked Edwards is to help him carry some southern states. Take a look at the south on a colored electoral map. It looks more red than a Jeffery Dahmer Thanksgiving Day feast.

:D:D:D:D

PK, in my case, I honestly thought that it was going to be a close race, with a slight advantage to GWB.

Now, if skerry wins in a landslide lets say 50 EC votes, then I will go surfing in that turf:D:D.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Ah, figured you would say something like that. Tell me once and where I asked to remove a right from you? Exactly. I haven't. Do I want to take your guns from you? Nope. Do I want some control in place? Yup. But I do not want to remove your rights.

O.K. tell you what, I don't want to remove your right to skydive, I just want to force you to wear a cypres and have your name and fingerprints on file with the FBI. But, I don't want to remove your right. Will you support this?

Sure, whats the big deal anyway? After almost being kidnapped as a kid, they put our prints on file. I already have a Cypres (did 150 jumps without one and know I don't need one, but I like the safety of it). I'm certain with some of the stupid stuff I did as a kid I have a file somewhere (actually I know my prints are on file with the FBI). Whats the big deal? And you know what, if we don't self police ourself all of those things may happen. It's the idiots that f*ck it up for everyone. There are too many idiots that own guns and they screw it up for the good ones. You still have your rights, but you are just a little annoyed at some of the extra steps.

I have a FOID card, I shoot guns, and if I lived in the burbs I may even own one. However, I need to own a gun as much as I need a sports car.

As an American, I can get married. Therefore, all Americans should be able to get married. If not, then take the right away from everyone.

Thats great for you. Why do you find it OK to support a law that most skydivers I know reject? Wouldn't you agree that it would be more appropriate to get a vote from skydivers to see if the majority of them would accept such a law or do you think it's better to impose your judgement on them without any consultation?
What part of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" do you think you aren't violating?

Someone please tell me why they won't call Florida with 98% of returns in and a 5% spread for Bush? And please no B.S. about absentee ballots any fool can see that's a non issue at this stage.

P.S. OK, they *finally* called it. The returns haven't changed but the analysts have caught up.

Stick a fork in Kerry, he's done. Time to tune in to CBS and watch Rather weep.

Only one state

That is one too many.[:/]

Calling people who have reasoned objections to your views unpatriotic is just bizarre, and disgusting.

Having the opinion and expressing it is a given right in this country and I support their right to have a disenting point of view.

However. Force feeding their sense of morality, religion, and pious rhetoric so someone is denied a right the rest of the country has? Just so they can feel comfortable? That is disgusting.

The seperation of Church/State is not there to protect the church; it is there to protect the State from that influence. I don't care what anyone's definition of marriage is. It doesn't matter. Marriage is a privledge that can now be decided upon by the state? Hey, while we are at it, lets set up a license for people to have kids - there are a few people I know that should never spawn.

It's simple. Any excuse against gay marriage is exactly like the people that came up with excuses on why we should have slaves. That is how terrible that ignorance is.

Wouldn't you agree that it would be more appropriate to get a vote from skydivers to see if the majority of them would accept such a law or do you think it's better to impose your judgement on them without any consultation?

I would agree to that. Therefore there should be a "vote from homosexuals to see if the majority of them would agree on same sex marriage".
Glad to know we agree on that principle.
Next...?

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

P.S. OK, they *finally* called it. The returns haven't changed but the analysts have caught up.

Stick a fork in Kerry, he's done. Time to tune in to CBS and watch Rather weep.

Surprisingly enough of all the newscasts, it seems that CBS is right on the money, as far as being pretty much the first ones to post the updates, however it is pathetic him saying, "but...butsss, skerry can still win"
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Wouldn't you agree that it would be more appropriate to get a vote from skydivers to see if the majority of them would accept such a law or do you think it's better to impose your judgement on them without any consultation?

I would agree to that. Therefore there should be a "vote from homosexuals to see if the majority of them would agree on same sex marriage".
Glad to know we agree on that principle.
Next...?

Pretty lame reasoning. Using this line of thinking, we should only allow skydivers who currently use a cypres to vote.

I would want a vote of course. However, the idiots in this sport will cause that sort of law to be forced upon us. The idiots that own guns have caused the rules and regulations to be in place. Don't want anymore? The self police your friends that have guns and make sure they don't do anything stupid, ok? While your at it, have a chat with your skydiving friends as well.

What part of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" do you think you aren't violating?

You own a gun right? Probably more than one right? Having to jump thru a few hoops to make sure you are not going to kill someone by making you wait a few days to get the gun? That's a safety measure that is in place because of past idiots. However, you can still own a gun. Are you that impatient that you can't wait five days before you put a hole in a target?

You're confused, all Americans have equal rights to marriage now.

Really? Tell that to Narcimund.

I agree one is too many, but look what led us here.

Only one state

That is one too many.[:/]

Calling people who have reasoned objections to your views unpatriotic is just bizarre, and disgusting.

Having the opinion and expressing it is a given right in this country and I support their right to have a disenting point of view.

However. Force feeding their sense of morality, religion, and pious rhetoric so someone is denied a right the rest of the country has? Just so they can feel comfortable? That is disgusting.

The seperation of Church/State is not there to protect the church; it is there to protect the State from that influence. I don't care what anyone's definition of marriage is. It doesn't matter. Marriage is a privledge that can now be decided upon by the state? Hey, while we are at it, lets set up a license for people to have kids - there are a few people I know that should never spawn.

It's simple. Any excuse against gay marriage is exactly like the people that came up with excuses on why we should have slaves. That is how terrible that ignorance is.

No it's not, there's irrefutable data on reproduction and serious concerns on issues like child adoption, and the redefinition of language for the sake of political correctness and false affirmation. Equating this to slavery is sleazy and contemtible.