tunaplanet

2004 Presidential Election Thread

Philly hit a snag that may hold decision on the vote until tomorrow. THis was just on NBC.

Over 10,000 votes can't be counted until tomorrow at 9:30est. The wrong absentee list was handed out to election judges and no one could correctly protest a registration. There is now a restraining order to hold those votes and final count until tomorrow.

Looks like we will not hear the final vote at all tonight now.

Yeah, that decision was made this morning. The GOP didn't get the list of who was sent absentee ballots by the deadline so that they can protest them. But I doubt PA will be within 10k votes, there will be a clear majority for Kerry even if all of those went to Bush.

Man oh man . . .

I was saying that the networks would try to cover their butts by not predicting winners, but have you guys been listening to CNN?

They are going out of their way to say it over and over again that they aren't going to predict winners in states unless it's a clear win without any ambiguity.

They've been talking about it for like the last ten minutes.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Something I encourage all the wonks out there to do tonight . . . since it's probably going to go on for awhile . . . is to change channels every once in awhile and watch a different network every hour or so.

I started out watching CNN, but I changed over to FOX News at :45.

So far, CNN has a better set what with the HUGE video wall, but I do kinda like the lower third ticker on FOX.
quade -

>I'm wondering if anyone else is covering the EC count tonight?

Many of the blogs are. www.dailykos.com for one. So far:

Bush wins Indiana, Kentucky, Indiana, West Virginia.
Kerry wins New Hampshire.

So far electoral-vote.com predictions holding.

Something I encourage all the wonks out there to do tonight . . . since it's probably going to go on for awhile . . . is to change channels every once in awhile and watch a different network every hour or so.

I started out watching CNN, but I changed over to FOX News at :45.

So far, CNN has a better set what with the HUGE video wall, but I do kinda like the lower third ticker on FOX.

Been doing that all night. So far NBC has impressed me the most.

The ONLY state that has been "interesting" and clearly called so far has been NJ, but I don't think it was actually that much of a stretch.

Also, don't look at this as you would a baseball game, different states close their polls at different times so, the count is probably going to bounce back and forth a bit in these early states.
quade -

You do realize that the numbers you keep posting up are based on exit polls that you called earlier notoriously inaccurate, right?

Just because the polls closed a few seconds ago ina state doesn't mean they have counted a single ballot yet.

Not looking good for Bush, though. Kerry taking NJ, guesses are that he has OH, and I'm sure he'll get PA. Even with FL, Bush would need to steal some blue states to win.