rhino

U.S. destroyers deploying off N. Korea

Yep, 1000+ miles an hour. A second too late and you are hundreds of feet apart and its a miss, a second too soon and the missle might be damaged, but not destroyed. Not an envyable to design system by anymeans.

But the ABM missile shield will work first time, untested! Sure!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

and the highest level languages are usually ADA

aggggh make the bad man stop!!!

you have no idea how much that fucking language has made my life miserable doing systems integration work......... :S

No shit. I've had to yank some civil contract hours because of ADA code. Lesson learned... if you run into a contract that involves ADA and its under GSA rules... PAD HOURS in the estimate! You will need them later when the scope creep booggeyman comes to bite ya in the ass. :S

Was that article correct? Did I read the words "Japanese Destroyer?" I thought they were completely disarmed after surrender and only have a civilian peacekeeping force. Did it only apply to just troops?

They are allowed to have *defensive* military forces and equipment. That can be loosely interpreted... They have tanks for example, but only for defense of their home islands. As long as they don't deploy those tanks somewhere else, then they are defensive only.

I doubt it. The "Bush Doctrine" of pre-emptive war has been a fiasco so far. I can't believe even Bush would be so stupid as to try it again.

I haven't heard the UN calling for any consequences as to N.K. So, your claim that of Bush Doctrine is a little flawed in that regard.

What has the Bush Doctrine got to do with the U.N.?

It's the policy that's flawed, not my claim.

Bush Doctrine, BS! While you want to generalize Bush's decision in Iraq a doctrine of pre-emptive striking, you conveniently ignore the UN's admonition of severe consequences prior to it. Hence, there is a difference with N.K.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

I doubt it. The "Bush Doctrine" of pre-emptive war has been a fiasco so far. I can't believe even Bush would be so stupid as to try it again.

I haven't heard the UN calling for any consequences as to N.K. So, your claim that of Bush Doctrine is a little flawed in that regard.

What has the Bush Doctrine got to do with the U.N.?

It's the policy that's flawed, not my claim.

Bush Doctrine, BS! While you want to generalize Bush's decision in Iraq a doctrine of pre-emptive striking, you conveniently ignore the UN's admonition of severe consequences prior to it. Hence, there is a difference with N.K.

The Bush Doctrine has nothing whatever to do with the UN.

Notice how many UN member states voted for an invasion of Iraq?

Notice that (unlike Gulf War I) only some 10% of the cost of the war is coming from countries besides the USA? Bush the Father managed to get the majority of his war paid for by other UN members.

Notice the difference in the number of countries supporting the action in Afghanistan compared to the number supporting the action in Iraq?

Bush the Son is an incompetent nincompoop.

What University did you attend and graduate from?

I hate to tell you, but I believe Kallend went to Cambridge, which is where Yale and Harvard graduates who do particularly well get to go as Rhodes scholars.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

But the ABM missile shield will work first time, untested! Sure!

Dude, I'm in weaps test & eval...you have no idea what goes into a system development. Most things on the battlefield were in testing for over a decade...

All the ABM tests to date have been rigged. Like putting a transponder on the target so the ABM can find it, and letting the ABM operators know when the target will be launched..