peacefuljeffrey

Protestors Storm U.K. Parliament During Hunt-Ban Debate

Protestors Storm U.K. Parliament

Makes me laugh. The same country struggling with rampant crime, the inability to keep people safe from criminal predation, the refusal to recognize the people's right to protect themselves, now can't even keep its Pariliament from being invaded by unarmed protestors!

Imagine if it had been CHECHENS waltzing into Parliament. The Brits would probably have had to call the U.S. for help!
:D

Blue skies,
-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

[rant]Yup, the UK is so fucking deadly. Scares me to go out sometimes what with 0.01 per 1000 deaths due to murder. I feel so much safer when I'm the States with its rate at 0.04 per 1000.
[rant/]

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

Didn't feel like addressing the actual subject of my post, which was the so-called security of the seat of government of the U.K... alright. Whatever. You're most certainly entitled to tacitly admit that "you got nuthin'."

Blue skies,
-Jeffrey
-
-Jeffrey

No, its just that you came across as being very arrogant. I agree with some of what you say.

I just wanted to point out even with 'rampant crime, the inability to keep people safe from criminal predation, the refusal to recognize the people's right to protect themselves' you are 4 times less likely to get murdered over here.

GOd, this is why I hardly ever post in this area.

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

No, its just that you came across as being very arrogant. I agree with some of what you say.

I just wanted to point out even with 'rampant crime, the inability to keep people safe from criminal predation, the refusal to recognize the people's right to protect themselves' you are 4 times less likely to get murdered over here.

GOd, this is why I hardly ever post in this area.

Hey, c'mon, who's stepping on your neck and forcing you to?

I don't believe the "4 times less likely" thing, anyway. What I've been reading is that U.S. crime is at a 30 year LOW, and U.K. crime has gone up about 40% per year since 1997 when you banned guns. Go figure. The rate of gun ownership and the number of guns privately owned goes up every year in the U.S. by several MILLION. How can we have a falling crime rate? I guess guns aren't the cause of crime!

Blue skies,
-Jeffrey
-
-Jeffrey

hehehe, truly embarassing, recently we have had guys chucking flour bombs at the PM, Batman climbing onto Buckers, and now this farce.

For what its worth, the cognoscenti reckon this was an inside job, IE someone with legitamate access and security clearance signed them in or they well known to the security folks, makes you wonder though.

Its just a good job that none of these perps were carrying weapons, even for self defence, they would surely have been injured or killed..
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

hehehe are we allowed to take that as a personal attack? There is an unnecessary amount of venom in your post. Now where was that post about penis envy...?

T'was an inside job my dear. I'm sure that even you could get into the Whitehouse if you had a letter from little Georgy saying that you could. :P

Its just a good job that none of these perps were carrying weapons, even for self defence, they would surely have been injured or killed..

by that stick-wielding guy in pantaloons? Yes i agree, he looked like he could kill with his bare hands :P

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

The same country struggling with rampant crime...

I've told you a million times not to exaggerate! :P

To give this embarrassment some context: The Houses of Parliament are meant to be accessible to the electorate who are able to go there and meet with the people they elected to discuss stuff that matters to them. Its the way democracy has been run here for a long time.

Imagine if it had been CHECHENS waltzing into Parliament.

Given that it is so easy to get in there just why hasn't the place been blown up yet?

Maybe the UK government doesn't need to hide itself away behind millions of dollars of protection because it doesn't piss people off enough to warrant that kind of security.

Who would gain from blowing up the UK's politicians (apart from the British)?

Had it happen in the U.S congress, they would have shoot Batman down.

Sure. What else?

Can you just imagine an American police officer walking in the streets just with a stick in his waistband, trying to help an old lady crossing the street?
He would be dead within first 5 seconds.

>:(

There is the difference.

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Got the figures from www.nationmaster.com which I believe gets them from UN provided info.

Also I agree, guns don't kill people, rappers do :)

And the UN has such a good track record for being trustworthy.

Think - umm - oil for food.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Got the figures from www.nationmaster.com which I believe gets them from UN provided info.

Also I agree, guns don't kill people, rappers do :)

And the UN has such a good track record for being trustworthy.

Think - umm - oil for food.

Such a massive org such as the UN is bound to make fuck ups from time to time. However I do believe they are pretty reliable when it comes to their stats as they are usually compiled from info passed to them from the nation states involved.

Shit, I just posted in SC again didn't I?;)

"And the UN has such a good track record for being trustworthy."
Nationmaster also cites the US gov, and the CIA as a source for their data, so yep, basically its all lies and pish. Ooops, I mean spin and bad intel.:P

And on the subject of oil for food, well yeah individuals do appear to have been less than clean, but it takes two parties for corruption to occur, so who was doing the bribing? Hmmm?
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Maybe the UK government doesn't need to hide itself away behind millions of dollars of protection because it doesn't piss people off enough to warrant that kind of security.

Who would gain from blowing up the UK's politicians (apart from the British)?

When you live to kiss arse, why would the people whose arses you moisten get mad enough to blow you up?

The British empire stopped being a world power long ago. No one cares enough to blow up Parliament. YET. Look at these psychotic islamic terrorists -- they even take swipes at the FRENCH. NO ONE is not "fair game" to them. Just wait yer turn. They'll "tetch" you too, when the mood hits them.

Blue skies,
-Jeffrey
-
-Jeffrey

"Just wait yer turn."

Aye, we have absolutely no experience of trying to live under the threat of terrorism whatsoever.
--------------------

How'd you think Holyrood would have dealt with the problem Nac? Would we have seen gold painted naked ladies usher the protesters out of the diamond-encrusted hall on a silver thread conveyor belt powered by miniature fission reactors while a light pine sent automatically masked their appearance? :P

Stormont would have probably known about their plans months in advance due to some secret bugging device that was steeling the protesters electricity. They would have thus been able arrange for someone to go round the night before and knee-cap them with a sawn off, thus preventing the protest.

The National Assembly in Cardiff would never see such events as no one actually cares that they exist at all, much less think that protesting to them would even make a difference to anything. That's if they could actually find the Assembly in the first place.

Meanwhile Westminster has "Black-Rod" and "The Sergeant at Arms" to deal with such interlopers who are apparently also in charge of paperclips. Still say they should keep the names at least though as opposed to this new fangled “Minister for Homeland Security"... sounds so vulgar... so... American... [:/]

When you live to kiss arse, why would the people whose arses you moisten get mad enough to blow you up?

I see, so doing anything other than bombing the shit out of a nation is kissing arse is it? No fucking wonder US foreign policy is such a total mess if thats the prevailing attitude.

The British empire stopped being a world power long ago. No one cares enough to blow up Parliament. YET.

You phrase that like its a bad thing. I couldn't give a toss that the UK is no longer an empire. Empires become empires by shitting on other nations. Empires fade away and leave chaose behind them. How does your nation being an empire affect you personally? What benefits does it give you that someone in say Finland doesn't have? How much per-capita are they spending on security? How much are you? How many of them have died because of thier governments actions? How many of you?

Look at these psychotic islamic terrorists -- they even take swipes at the FRENCH. NO ONE is not "fair game" to them. Just wait yer turn. They'll "tetch" you too, when the mood hits them.

Not that tired "Terrorists are all unpredictable madmen" line again. Since when did ignorance of your enemy become a clever thing?

Meanwhile Westminster has "Black-Rod" and "The Sergeant at Arms" to deal with such interlopers who are apparently also in charge of paperclips. Still say they should keep the names at least though as opposed to this new fangled “Minister for Homeland Security"... sounds so vulgar... so... American... [:/]

Not with "minister." What, you have churchmen guarding your places of government? :S

-Jeffrey
-
-Jeffrey