AggieDave

Home depots should be banned

Yup, they're dangerous, they obviously hurt people, they MUST be banned:

Clicky

Home Depot shoppers charged in cart fracas

By JAMES P. QUARANTA
Staff Writer
[email protected]

VINELAND -- A dispute over a pushcart escalated into a bloody battle when two men engaged in a "sword fight" using two-by-fours inside Home Depot, police said.

One of the combatants required hospital treatment after the fight, which broke out around 10:30 a.m. Sunday at the Cumberland Mall store.

Larry Bostic, 52, of West Park Avenue received eight stitches in his chin, police said. One of his teeth was knocked out and another tooth was cracked.

Police arrested Bostic and Wei Sun, 45, of Upper Darby, Pa., on assault charges.

Bostic told police he asked a Home Depot employee for a pushcart so that he could load some two-by-fours. The employee told him to take a cart that contained some wallboard because it had been in an aisle for a while, according to police.

As Bostic began to load his lumber, however, Sun appeared and demanded the cart back, police said. Witnesses said both men then swung their fists at each other but missed.

Then each grabbed a two-by-four and began a sword fight, police said. It ended when Sun threw his wooden board at Bostic, hitting him in the chin, witnesses told police.

Sun explained that he threw the two-by-four at Bostic because the Vineland man had struck him in the face with his fist and yelled an obscenity after Sun demanded the cart, police said.

Both suspects were released on summonses pending court action.

Originally published August 10, 2004

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Thankfully our local HD has plenty of carts but I have sure been in the hunt for them in other HD's.

I think they should be banned because they suck to much money out of my wallet everytime I go in.:P

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Thankfully our local HD has plenty of carts but I have sure been in the hunt for them in other HD's.

Now you've done it, the cart union will be in there next week and remove all non-unionized carts, thus leaving you with 4 carts for the store...all with a crappy wheel and a bad attitude.

:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

What a pair of retards, in a building full of sharp blades, portable power tools, and other suitable weapons, they go at it with 2x4s (any idiot knows a 2x2 makes a much better assault weapon).
B|
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

What morons. Carts aren't used to be fought over, carts are made for one person to push it at high speeds all over the store while the other person rides or surfs on it. Great fun. Heresay of course, my husband and I would never engage in such behavior..... :$

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

IDIOTS!!!!, Home Depot carry CHAINSAWS, now THAT would be more interesting.

And just a few isles over - in outdoor gardening they have Machetes too.;)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Carts don't kill - it's the 2x4's that kill - without a 2x4 Home depots would be benign and safe even for kids.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Carts don't kill - it's the 2x4's that kill - without a 2x4 Home depots would be benign and safe even for kids.

You forget about the nail guns, which are GUNS after all and should be banned (like all guns). :ph34r:

There. That should get the party started :)

Now, where are those buttons I like to push...

You forget about the nail guns, which are GUNS after all and should be banned (like all guns). :ph34r:

There. That should get the party started :)

Now, where are those buttons I like to push...

If you are going to ban Nail Guns - you need to ban copmpressors too. So what if they have "Other" uses .. . ... like airing up tires on jump planes - they are the backbone of nailguns and should be banned and government regulated - you should have a compressor permit allowing only Authorized government officials to operate one.

[Sarcasm mode]

To avoid this, we should get a "californianan" solution, that means, putting WARNING LABELS on EVERY nail, screw, bolt, piece of lumber, tool, power tool, etc to warn people that such item MAY be used as a weapon and cause injury or death.

[/Sarcasm mode]

If you are going to ban Nail Guns - you need to ban copmpressors too. So what if they have "Other" uses .. . ... like airing up tires on jump planes - they are the backbone of nailguns and should be banned and government regulated - you should have a compressor permit allowing only Authorized government officials to operate one.

You forgot, we need to regulate such dangerous high-capactiy compressors. They are what feeds those horrible nail guns, and wihout them, we'd all be safe (except for the first few folks).
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

IDIOTS!!!!, Home Depot carry CHAINSAWS, now THAT would be more interesting.

Ah, chainsaws... brings back fond memories of Doom2. :)>:(

I've never had trouble getting a cart in Home Depot... But in Walmart or Target, it seems like people try to steal my cart every time I turn around. Guess they're too lazy to actually walk back to the front of the store to get their own. :S