DickMcMahon

A Bible question ...

Genesis, Chapter 5, verses 25-28, says that Methuselah was 187 years old when his son, Lemech, was born; and that Lemech was
182 when his son, Noah (Methuselah's grandson),
was born.

That means Methuselah would have been 369 when he
became a grandfather, right?
(187 years plus 182 years = 369 years)

Genesis 5:31 goes on to say that Lemech died at the age of 777.

Noah would have been 595 years old when this happened.
And, Methuselah would have been 964.

Genesis 7, verses 6 & 11, indicate that the Great Flood
occurred when Noah was 600 years old.

Continuing the calculations, Methuselah would
now have to be 969 years old, right?

And here comes the interesting part ... in Genesis 5:27,
Methuselah is said to have DIED when he was 969 years old!
... THAT'S THE SAME YEAR AS THE FLOOD!

COULD THAT HAVE BEEN HOW HE DIED?
Could Noah have left his poor old grandfather out in the
rain? Could this be an historical scandal? Could the
supermarket tabloids use it in a headline?

"AMAZING PROOF THAT NOAH DROWNED HIS GRANDPA!"

As a Christian I have to say the I find your post extreamly..............Funny!:D:D:D
I'll bring it up at pastorate tonight and see if I can get an answer for you:P:D:D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Take it to speakers corner.

Here's an interesting dilemma; I think the post is just a funny observation not intended to start any theological debates or anything and as such doesn't really belong in SC.
BUT, it could actually contribute to it being moved there if I stated my disagreement with you over this post about a certain religious text.
Like I just did. D'oh!:P

who says he didn't die somewhere in there?

I say he didn't. I was there. Noah was a good buddy of mine, although he was a horrible drunk. :S Well, the story goes like this....

Old Noah and I were hangin' out at a local tavern one night, throwing back a few (many in his case) and talking about things to come, namely this flood. He said something along the lines of hearing voices telling him to build some huge boat or something, and catch animals to put'em on display at a zoo after the water levels went down....but thats beside the point. Long story short, he built this "ark" as he called it, well, I guess I did most of the work since he was usually passed out. But anyway, yes all three of these gentlemen were on that monstrosity of a raft. (I'm tellin' ya, it was a miracle that this thing floated....) One night the old man decided to grab a bit of Noah's "special tonic", Noah caught him, and in a drunken rage threw him into the sea. He was later found frozen in a glacier and put in a museum as a "cave man". Figures eh? B|:D

Man, those were good times. B|B|B|

:D

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Take it to speakers corner.

Now this one baffles me. This post is funny and in good taste i don't believe anyone would be offended by it. I personally avoid the speakers corner because everybody argues their point of view and nothing changes. In fact it'st tiresome to even read all the rants.

Now here's a post I would have missed and i don't see what soapbox it would be on....oh wait it said "Bible" now that's contraversy.

Did anyone who though it belonged in the speakers corner even read the entire post?

Did anyone who though it belonged in the speakers corner even read the entire post?

Apparently not, I read it and found it to be extremely funny, not a "debate" type thread.

Oh well, since its in Speakers Corner now, we might as well help it along...

Bible, guns, liberal, Bush, terrorism, oil, Iraq...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I think that the way it was presented was not argumentative or offensive. I thought it was funny in a comical sense. I think it would be rather silly if presented to argue a point. Therefore, I don't think it had to be moved to Speaker's Corner.

"Bible, guns, liberal, Bush, terrorism, oil, Iraq... "

Dude, I can't believe you missed out "big engines bad, small engines good":)
I thought it was okay over on the Bonfire, some people are pretty touchy these days eh?B|
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I say he didn't. I was there. Noah was a good buddy of mine, although he was a horrible drunk. Well, the story goes like this....

He wasn't the only drunk. . . So was Jesus. Every weekend someone comes knocking at my door asking me if I had found Christ Yet. "What? He wandered off again??!":D

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln