gary350

Intellectual Output - Arab/Islamic vs. Jewish World

There are potential Einsteins throughout the world. Ethnicity doesn't matter.

That includes the ghettos of the USA, which is why it is important that ALL kids get a good education. Our inner city schools are a disgrace to a great nation and waste human potential.

I agree.

That's right. Bring on vouchers and let the kids choose which school they attend.

I agree in principle. Unfortunately every voucher proposal I've seen so far has involved a totally inadequate amount of money. An inner city kid still couldn't afford a decent school even with one of these vouchers. So I conclude that they are just a clever way of subsidizing the wealthy who wish to send their kids to private schools.

Until the voucher proposals actually cover the realistic cost of education, they are just a sham.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

agree in principle. Unfortunately every voucher proposal I've seen so far has involved a totally inadequate amount of money. An inner city kid still couldn't afford a decent school even with one of these vouchers. So I conclude that they are just a clever way of subsidizing the wealthy who wish to send their kids to private schools.

Until the voucher proposals actually cover the realistic cost of education, they are just a sham.

Same here. Not to mention no one is chomping at the bit to open up a private school in North Phily.

All good points.

1 - I like our public school, so not a personal issue for me. But:

2 - if an area has crappy public schools, at least the kids can take the money with them - then maybe there would be interest in opening a private school in Philly (?) and elsewhere.

3 - education costs, if it's not enough, then the parents must pay some out of pocket. The vouchers would give them a chunk of relief now, wouldn't it? Even if not 100% relief.

Nothing is free. The money must come from somewhere.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants