prepheckt

What should I say to the President?

Hate to burst your bubble, pre, but as one who has been through this particular ritual, I have a feeling you won't get to say anything at all. It's too quick.

As a matter of fact, you really only have a 50% chance of actually shaking his hand, since you'll salute, then come get your diploma. Who you get your diploma from will depend on what side of the stage you go to when you're done...could be the president, or it could be the Supt (usually the next-highest ranking there under the speaker).

Sorry. [:/]
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Say 'TheAnvil is a JACKASS!! Send him to the space station so at least he's off the planet!'

That would be cool.

Or...

'Thanks for the tax cut!'
'Send the UN packing!'
'Kick Kerry's ass!'
'Rice/Watts '08'
'Can I date your daughter now?'

Anvil opinions.

Beers to all,
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

especially in a smaller setting.

------------------

Especially??? I would say probably ONLY in a smaller setting...cause I certainly haven't seen anything remarkable out of him in front of a larger one...

:-/

-S

President Bush will be our commencement speaker for the AFA graduation this year. As such we will get to hear him make a speech (that in itself is going to be an interesting) and either we get to shake his hand or salute him, not sure which, so I'll have a chance to say something. What should I say?

Edit: I'd like to say something interesting, something other then "thanks" "Glad to serve" etc.

Hey P - Congratulations on graduation and thanks for serving. If you are lucky to speak directly to the CINC, just be real, the guy seems to be the real thing whether some like him or not (just like every person in the world).

This post is sad since it seems mostly about slamming a man likely none of these people have met in person so have no clue about a face to face (exception, AG and another apparently did meet him face to face and they are positive).

This post should be about you, it's a big day and honor for you and I hope it all goes great.

again, congrats and THANKS

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I have met him in person.

He came to speak to our university when he was a presidential candidate. I was the one in charge of making sure he had water, munchies, and whatever else he wanted.

I must say, he was demanding and rude. Not just to me, but to everyone around him. It wasn't so much what he said as how he said it. Treated people like serfs rather than assistants.

He gave a fairly good speech to an audience of a couple hundred students, but wouldn't take questions.

Good - that's 3 people - Dave, Zulu and you. And you also didn't tell P to make some numb cliche slam either. So, two good experiences and one bad. That's pretty well the track record of most humans.

Of course, I'm sure you want to wish Prephke.... the best of luck at his graduation. That's really my point, not the face to face personal skills of someone I haven't met.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants