tunaplanet

Hamas leader assassinated

Rantisi, leader of the Hamas was killed in an attack while he was in his car. Initial reports said it was a car bomb but now CNN is reporting that it appears to be from an air attack, likely a helicopter. It appears Israel is responsible. News and facts still coming in.

This is huge news. Retalliation from this will be severe.

Forty-two

Rantisi took over when the founder of Hamas was assassinated a month ago. If Israel keeps it up, no one will want the job. The retirement package isnt very good.

Which is -exactly- why I think EO12333 ought to be repealed.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Rantisi, leader of the Hamas was killed in an attack while he was in his car. Initial reports said it was a car bomb but now CNN is reporting that it appears to be from an air attack, likely a helicopter. It appears Israel is responsible. News and facts still coming in.

This is huge news. Retalliation from this will be severe.

Yeah, I'm all for targeted assassinations. No really, I am. I say withdraw from all but a little bit of the territories, seal the borders and let the palestinians have fun developong their own economy.

Never go to a DZ strip show.

Gee, Rantisi's body guard didnt do his job very well, did he?

Bill Cole D-41

They got him too didn't they... well then, how was he supposed to guard against helo-fired missiles anyway. Nonetheless, Israel is probably one of the few situations where I would be described as a hawk... sometimes I think more drastic measures than "targeted" killings should be considered.

a news report just said there was one bodyguard, and one of Rantisi's sons.

They didnt specify the age, but WHY would the jerk have his son with him, when he stated publicly he knew he was a marked man....

thoughtless murderer....even took his son with him

Bill Cole D-41

a news report just said there was one bodyguard, and one of Rantisi's sons.

They didnt specify the age, but WHY would the jerk have his son with him, when he stated publicly he knew he was a marked man....

thoughtless murderer....even took his son with him

Bill Cole D-41

But ya know, it's an honor to die like that;)

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain has condemned Israel's killing of top Hamas leader Abdel-Aziz al-Rantissi as illegal and counter-productive.

"The British government has made it repeatedly clear that so-called 'targeted assassinations' of this kind are unlawful, unjustified and counter-productive," Foreign Secretary Jack Straw said in a statement.

An Israeli helicopter missile strike killed Rantissi in Gaza City earlier on Saturday.

Israel hailed its killing of what it called a "mastermind of terrorism", but Hamas issued an immediate vow of revenge.

Do you want to have an ideagasm?

How much can death threats bother you when they come from someone you already knows wants to and has been trying to kill you?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

You're right. The Palestinians groups vow revenge against the Israelis all the time. Killing this guy isn't going to change that. They're in the same situation, as far as that goes, as they were before. Just short one more shit bag to have to deal with. Way to go Israel! Keep it up. Take em' down. One by one.

I don't agree.

Political murder is a murder, whether done by state, organization or individual.

I do not agree with Hamas methods or politics, but
I can not help but feel shamed by Israeli actions. Some how I have the feeling, that US civilians will end up paying a bloody price for Israeli "heroism".

Israeli militants are tarnishing the reputation of entire jewish race for generations to come.

I feel sorry and sad.

It's really not a question of whether you agree with the definition of not. The definition of assassinate per Websters.

as·sas·si·nate
tr.v. as·sas·si·nat·ed, as·sas·si·nat·ing, as·sas·si·nates
To murder (a prominent person) by surprise attack, as for political reasons

It certainly is a question wheather I agree or not, and I do not agree. I do not give a f..k about Webster.

Hey, if you feel better about going around making up your own definitions, have at it. Perhaps you could publish your own dictionary so we would understand what you are talking about. Naw... I'll stick with Websters.