TheAnvil

I want an apology...

I want him out of office. I don't think he's done a very good job.

BUT, 9/11 was not his fault, so he shouldn't apologize for it. Sure, we probably had some clues beforehand, but its not easy to put something like that together, and it's very easy to look back and say *d'oh! we should've known! It was not his fault. There are a lot of other things he's done that I don't like, but 9/11 has nothing to do with it.

Gore would have done better? I would hate to see where we would be planting trees (sarcasm:P not hatred) if Gore was in office through all this. But honestly, I think we would be in worse shape if he was President. He would have pushed it off just as he did with Clinton.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Gore was in office through all this. But honestly, I think we would be in worse shape if he was President.

Possibly. We'll never know. What we DO know though, is that Bush is a liar (and No, I'm not pro kerry - I think they're both morons).

I don't want an apology. Just the WMD...after all that's why we went to war...funny how it suddenly became a mission to "Liberate Iraq".

Doesn't matter who you vote for, you're going to get a piece of shit in office.

Blue skies
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

A liar, really?

Please prove to us that Bush KNEW there were no WMD. Looking forward to your response. Really. I am. I would LOVE to hear at least ONE left winger describe to me in detail (not even precise detail, just detail) how GWB - the purported moron as espoused by the left due to his public speaking gaffes - and his staff deceived the entire world (and Bubba Clinton whilst still Gov. of TX) as to the existence of WMD's. Can't WAIT to hear your response.

While you're at it, please tell a few of us conservatives why we should vote for ANYONE who supports any program that judges anyone by their race for any reason, supports taking more of our money, or makes up his convictions based upon opinion polls.

Can't WAIT to hear your response. Truly.
:S
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Wow - little touchy there eh? Never said I was right or left wing. You make assumptions like Bush it appears? He said there were weapons, so far there are not...it's really hard to make it much clearer than that.

I could draw you a diagram but I don't think it'd do any good. Lighten up on the attitude there buddy.
Performance Designs Factory Team

He said there were weapons, so far there are not...it's really hard to make it much clearer than that.

Dozens of leaders left and right, and around the world, were also convinced Hussein still had WMDs.

Are they all liars too?

I could draw you a diagram but I don't think it'd do any good.

Please do draw him a diagram -- but you'll need a large piece of paper.

. . =(_8^(1)

Wow - little touchy there eh? Never said I was right or left wing. You make assumptions like Bush it appears? He said there were weapons, so far there are not...it's really hard to make it much clearer than that.

I could draw you a diagram but I don't think it'd do any good. Lighten up on the attitude there buddy.

I'd like to see the diagram too. Come on break it down for us. We are waiting.

> I would LOVE to hear at least ONE left winger describe to me in
> detail (not even precise detail, just detail) how GWB - the purported
> moron as espoused by the left due to his public speaking gaffes -
> and his staff deceived the entire world (and Bubba Clinton whilst still
> Gov. of TX) as to the existence of WMD's.

Well, he tried, but failed.

"You remember when Colin Powell stood up in front of the world, and he said Iraq has got laboratories, mobile labs to build biological weapons....They're illegal. They're against the United Nations resolutions, and we've so far discovered two. And we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong. We found them." GWB 2/29/03

Let's see you spin that into a true statement! Or perhaps you could redefine the word "lie."

"You remember when Colin Powell stood up in front of the world, and he said Iraq has got laboratories, mobile labs to build biological weapons....They're illegal. They're against the United Nations resolutions, and we've so far discovered two. And we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong. We found them." GWB 2/29/03

Let's see you spin that into a true statement! Or perhaps you could redefine the word "lie."

Mr. Bill, I won't try to spin that into the truth, but I will equally not spin believing and acting upon wrong intel as a "lie".

And I'd say the say thing about Rummy's "we know where they are" line Kallend likes to throw around as a "lie".

. . =(_8^(1)

Here's some more...

LIE: "We have also discovered through intelligence that Iraq has a growing fleet of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles that could be used to disperse chemical or biological weapons across broad areas. We are concerned that Iraq is exploring ways of using these UAVs [unmanned aerial vehicles] for missions targeting the United States." - President Bush, Oct. 7.

TRUTH: Said drones can't fly more than 300 miles, and Iraq is 6,000 miles from the U.S. coastline. Furthermore, Iraq's drone-building program wasn't much more advanced than your average model plane enthusiast. And isn't a "manned aerial vehicle" just a scary way to say "plane"?

In fact I'll even provide a link to all of Bushes Lies.
http://www.pantsonfire.net/lies.htm

blues

jerry
Proud supporter of Show George the Door.

Said drones can't fly more than 300 miles, and Iraq is 6,000 miles from the U.S. coastline.

Right, the only way to attack the United States is to cross the ocean. Yup, there's no way attacking, say, US troops stationed in that country would qualify as attacking the US. Nope, no way.

Furthermore, Iraq's drone-building program wasn't much more advanced than your average model plane enthusiast.

And the US has been looking into the possible threat posed by larger model planes as delivery vehicles. Ask kallend about it, I'm sure he'd be happy to give you a run down.

And isn't a "manned aerial vehicle" just a scary way to say "plane"?

Did you figure that one out all by yourself?

I found the entire site you quoted that from to be equally inane and completely lacking in any insight or depth of thought.

In fact I'll even provide a link to all of Bushes Lies.
http://www.pantsonfire.net/lies.htm

I'm sorry, I have to say this. Don't you mean "Bush's Lies," and is it really that hard to make the url a link?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Uh Vinnie, You know I love ya bro ;) but I have something add to this post about Bush being a liar:

This came from the mouth of GWB during his speech at the UN:
"The regime of Saddam Hussein cultivated ties to terror while it built weapons of mass destruction. It used those weapons in acts of mass murder and refused to account for them when confronted by the world... The Security Council was right to vow serious consequences if Iraq had refused to comply. ANd because there were consequences, because a coalition of nations acted to defend the peace and credibility of nations acted to defend the peace and the credibility of the United Nations, Iraq is free."

This excerpt came right out of USA Today September 24,2003.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Also, in an article called "Bush and Blair deceived us about the reasons for going to war, but they have deceived themselves about its impact on Iraq" from the New Statesman (Aug. 4, 2003):

"In an interview with Vanity Fair, Paul Wolfowitz, the deputy defense secretary, reported that he had settled on the WMD issue as the main justification for the war 'for beaurocratic reasons' given that it was the one reason everyone could agree on. Speaking recently to reporters aboard an Air Force jet returning to Washington after a tour of Iraq, Wolfowitz went further, describing WDMs as a 'historical issue' with which he was not concerned."

OK one more quote and then I'll shut up for a while:

This one came from the same article 2 posts above (Bush and Blair deceived us ...)

"Neither Britain nor the US was ever at risk from Saddam. As Wolfowitz acknowledged in the Vanity Fair interview, the administration's geopolitical objectives had to do with facilitating American's withdrawl from Saudi Arabia. This required toppling Saddam and securing US control of Iraqi oil."

Here is mine.

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.41
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334