cebra

Container Fit - opinions please

I ordered a new container and it is tight and quite uncomfortable. It felt tight before I put the canopies in it and was told by an Instructor the legpads looked short but the gear dealer said it looked fine. I went ahead and had the canopies put in but now it is supertight. The legpads barely touch if I pull them as hard as I can and the shoulder straps pinch my biceps. I am 165lbs buy have big shoulders and arms. The gear dealer still says it looks fine but I would like to get your opinion from the picture? What can I do to get this resolved now that I spent $2,700 for container and $210 to get it rigged? Sorry for the long winded post but wanted to provide a full recap. Thanks.

Contact infinity and take better pictures.... If that's as tight as you can get the chest strap, then the mlw is too short... I'm not there so I can't say for sure, but if you don't feel comfortable in it then something needs adjusting... My wife ordered a rig custom that was sized wrong, too big, and the chest articulation actually had to be removed, but they took care of it no prob. Not to cut out and discredit your dealer, but if they won't do anything contact the manufacturer directly. Good luck.. If it's ok ish... Then make a jump and see.... But who knows...
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...

If the rigger/dealer wants to keep your business then they would probably cut you a bit of a break with assembly if it needs to sent back.

If the container/harness needing modifying then there is a good chance the canopies will need to come out to be worked on.

It won't/shouldn't cost $200 again. The main doesn't need to be disassembled unless they make you a whole new rig and maybe not even then. The reserve will have to come off if they rebuild something. I wouldn't send the canopies anyway unless they want them for sizing. Never send anything you don't have to. Cost, loss, damage.

But expect to pay the rigger for his work. Unless he's you dealer and/or measured you it's not his fault. If it's Velocities fault ask them to pick up the rigging costs.

You picture sucks. Wearing less baggy clothes and have someone else take front and side views including the leg straps and close ups of leg strap pads.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Pics I took at work attached and a random image of how I think it should fit/look or at least how my rentals fit. Infinity is great to deal with and I am sure it will get resolved if it needs resized. The dealer suggests I need to jump it to "break it in" but I am scared to as (to me) not much of the strap is on my shoulder preventing me from sliding out the top headdown. If it aids any, my shirt is "blousy" at the bottom, I don't have much belly fat. My chest/trapezoids are large which makes backpacks want to slide down off my shoulders as well which I am sure is a factor here. Last point, I have always left my chest strap with a little slack like the dude in the other pic but there is no way I would do that with this rig as I feel that if it isn't super tight the mlw may slip off my shoulders but this is my inexperienced perception which is why I am asking y'all who are more experienced with fit. Maybe its all in my head.

to me, it mainly looks like the laterals are a little short. MLW length looks pretty good.

$210 is a LOT for an assembly.

I would tend to agree that the MLW looks about right and the laterals could be lengthened but I don't think that is going to improve the fit that much on the shoulders.

I would probably go and give it a jump. If it was still uncomfortable and I was not happy then have the dealer deal with it. That is why they are there.

Whoever charged you 210 for assembly is making a decent amount of profit.

I guess it is correct and I just need to deal with it but it sure doesn't feel good, the inside of the mlw digs into the outside of my pectorial and the outside digs into my bicep. This is as possibly tight as I could make the chest strap so if I leave it loose the straps will seperate even further to the outside and I don't like to have a tight chest strap at all (hard to breathe, hard to arch)...it just seems to me like the "other"pic rig if fully tightened the mlw would be very close together. Appreciate the opinions. I am not worried about the rigger fees, drop in the bucket at this point.

Do females wear their MLW over or to the outside of their boobs? Seemingly strange but I bench every day and I wouldn't be shocked if I had a cup size so if they do wear it beside and squish them pups together then I am in the same boat. If they wear it over the nip area then I am far from that. Will jumping it "break it in"/loosen it up?

LadyOpinion:

Get measured again. Take the chest to hip measurement 10 times until you've figured out which # is correct (the manufacturer can help identify how to measure that properly for their use). Give the manufacturer extra info on your body; part of the chest measurement on your body is chest muscles that stick out forward (just like female anatomy that sticks out forward), not just a wide ribcage. Fitting to a 40" circle is way different than fitting to a 40" narrow oval, for example, even though the total 40" is the same.

Take it to the manufacturer if the dealer can't/won't help. Use these pics to get their input.

The harness is an inch or two too short over the shoulders.
The only solution is to sew a new rig with a longer yoke.
The Infinity factory cheerfully did that for Josh, who is also built like you.
Be sure to send the photos to the Infinity factory before you call them again.