mattb

The significant other is hooked!

sorry - I have to brag
This weekend 2 great things happened:
1) I made three skydives on demo gear (no rental fees). These were the first jumps in almost 2 months - too long a layoff. Also, I found out my gear should arrive within a week or two. (ok that's really more than one)
2) My girlfriend who started AFP to figure out why the heck I jumped so often got "hooked". She came down from her 6th jump (2 tandems, 4 AFP) and was grinning ear-to-ear. I think the words were something like "I wasn't falling, I was dancing on air." Tuesday she said she wanted to go back to the dropzone this weekend. (the previous version of this person thought once a month was a better pace)
The girlfriend is into skydiving, can it get any better ? ? ?

Mattb:
Congratulations to both of you!!
Since you have more experience than she, you're going to want to be as supportive and helpful as possible on those days when being a student really sucks for her (had experience here). Hopefully she won't have too many of these, but sometimes student status can suck the fun right out of jumping when you don't get it right.
Keep it fun!!
Divadiver

I agree Diva...I took some severe pride thrashing when Merrick got off student status in 14 jumps (IAD) and I'm still getting coached now at 18! But I've gotten used to it and I can still land closer then he can *grin* (and even on my feet lately! lol!) It's sssooo incredibly nice to be able to share that with the person closest to you! Plus, you always have someone to talk to about it without their eyes glazing over!
Congrats Matt...I'm sure you guys will have a ball together!
Pammi