Deleted

Skydive U reviews?

hey all, I am just wondering what people who have completed, or participated in, Skydive U's courses (who cares where) have thought of them.
Did they help dramatically with your flying skills? Do you fly your canopies better? Did you do the wind tunnel, and if so, what was that like? - helpful or just fun!
This is more of a fact finding mission, 'cause I am thinking of doing it (may still do it regardless), just thought I would ask any alumni for their perspectives.
Cheers,
Arohanui,
B:P
NZPF A-2584

Hey!
I did a few jumps with Skydive U right after finishing AFF. Really helped to pound out that arch into a neutral box position, also teaches you more about flat tracks, pivot point turns and level control. When I did it it didn't so much emphasize canopy skills.
Did the wind tunnel in Orlando as well with coaches. WHAT an experience. I would recommend that to anyone, but definitely take in a coach. It's not as easy as it looks to stay stable in there and really makes you think about every little aspect of your flying. It's a great place to practice verticals as well.
Hope this helps you out a little!!
Blues!
Stacy
http://astro.temple.edu/~sweeks

I don't know anything about skydive u but i do know alot about wind tunnels since all my expiriance in body flying is from the wind tunnel, i think it's really effective to improve your body flying skills since u have about 5 times more air time in the the wind tunnel then in one skydive, i dunno if u have courses there but in the wind tunnel in Israel u have a 6 fight course, 5 minutes each flight and u learn how to fly your body, forward, backwords, spins,fornt flips, backflips and a little 2 way, after u compelete this course u can learn some sitfly and whatever u want.
just my 0.02
Free Skies,
Omri :S

I am currently in the middle of the Skydive U bodyflight course at Perris. It is great. I can see the improvement over my friends with a similar number of jumps. I have much more control, move more fluidly and have much more confidence. I think that every coached jump is worth 5-10 with your same level friends and each Skydive U jump is worth 10+ easy. I hope this helps.
Blue Skys and Safe Landings
Albatross

I just did the Search last month at Sebastian and it was incredible. They are awesome at teaching you good body position and high-performance maneuvers. I don't know how they do it, but you can really see and feel the difference in the aie. I also did the wind tunnel with a coach and that was really helpful too. I definitely recommend doing skydive U. Expensive but worth every cent!
Elisa

There are a couple of schools of thought when it comes to the wind tunnel. But there is only one answer-get a coach and do short blocks. Some people say that you want to get a "real" coach (i.e. skydive U) because they will teach you the proper way of flying your body in the tunnel. That will also cost you some cash.
I went to the tunnel and they had a guy there explain how to safely fly in the tunnel...if you ask them, they will "coach" you. The guy that I was in there with me had over 500 hours in the tunnel...I am not sure if he could land a canopy, but he could fly his body like nobody I have ever seen. The guy was super cool. We bought 2 15 minute blocks for 2 of us and we ended up in the tunnel for pretty close to an hour. It wasnt too busy, so the guy spent some really quality time with us. We were there for 3 hours!!! We had quite a bit of debriefing and just shooting the proverbial sh*t. It was a great time, if you can afford to get a skydive u coach, get one...but if you ask some of the employees at the tunnel, they will usually help you out. They are skydivers afterall and true to skydivers all over the world...they want to see you improve. We ended up floating the guy some cash for his efforts too. I dont really know what the protocol is but the guy was really cool and extremely helpful so that was the least we could do.
"I'll jump anything!"

I jumped with Skydive U for my required RW formation coach dives and it was awesome. I would highly recommend, if you can, take the oppurtunity to jump with skydive U. I only jumped with my sky u instructor for the three required jumps to get my A license, but I learned more in those three jumps than I would have in 50 solos. They teach you practical skills such as exit position (front float, rear float), docking techniques, and basic RW skills such as using your legs instead of your arms to achive forward and backward movement, and controlled breathing to controll fall rate. But I think, most importantly, they taught me some excellent relaxation and breathing techniques. They really boost you confidence to boot. The cost financially was pretty high, but it was well worth it for the experience and most importantly for confidence I now have jumping with other skydivers.
Sky U ROCKS!!!!
Blue ones!!

Another great thing is that the Basic Body Flight course becomes tailored to your skill level. If you are comfortable with the basics they will take you higher. Its a real personable thing. Everybody learns in different ways and at different speeds. Anybody can teach you how to fly the basics but can they teach you effectively so you learn. What works for one person may not work for another and these guys know how to teach, whether its to tie your shoes or to turn points like a mad man. That is the difference between skydive U and anyone else. Their job is to teach skydiving, so they go deeper into skill sets than others may. Hope this helps.
"I'll jump anything!"

Sky u is excellent, i did the search last month and learnt a huge amount about how to fly my body and how to fly it relative to other people in the sky. As for the wind tunnel i did a 10min session with a skyu coach and not only was it great fun but i learnt a lot there and really noticed the difference the next day in the air