Pammi

JK ... Laura...and other originals

What happened to some of the original lurkers of these threads? I haven't seen anything from JK or Laura for quite some time for instance. Anyone keep in contact with them at all? I'm curious to know if JK was able to get her license and I miss Laura's awesome stories!
Pammi

Hey Pammi,
Ya mean, like Laura the writer and JKA??? Don't know about laura, but JKA has been lurkin... and the weather has scared her off; among other things. She still needs to jump her own pack job then do the test. And after that she needs to do a 2 way with the Shark as a final right of passage....:S

Hey Pammi,
I'm still around. I have just been a bit scarce. I've taken a little break from skydiving due to an accident that happened. A guy (friend) who was on my load for my 100th jump was jumping a skyboard for the first time and got tangled up on opening and didn't make it. I will be back up in the air on Saturday. Just wanted to take some time to reflect and get my head straight. So with the vacation from skydiving came the vacation from dz.com But rest assured I am still here and will continue to jump. I do miss you all...and I see A LOT of new faces. That's good! Maybe some of ya will recognize me.
Ciao
Monk

Monk! I missed you! I didn't know if you were gone forever or what! Sorry to hear about your friend :(. I cannot imagine how it must have felt.
I didn't come for Spring Break because I am coming for three days in April. Already got my tickets. My mom is going to be there too, since she has to go to Mesa for some continuing education thing. She wants to see Skydive AZ...maybe you will be there, it is April 6,7,8...the weekend before my birthday! :D
Glad you are going to get back into the air. Glad you are back on dz.com too.
Blue Ones,
April

A guy (friend) who was on my load for my 100th jump was jumping a skyboard for the first time and got tangled up on opening and didn't make it.

Monk, I'm really sorry to hear that... I hope you get straightened out ok and have a great jump on saturday...
Frank

Hey Monk,
Good to hear you will be back in the air this weekend. I don't know where you are going to jump this weekend, but I'll be at Coolidge on Saturday and Sunday if I see you I'll be sure to say hi. Sorry to hear about your friend, it is always sad to hear of a fellow jumper having an accident. I can't imagine having a friend get hurt. Glad to hear you will be back in the air, though.
Blue Skies,
Adam

Thanks for the updates guys. Monk - I'm so incredibly sorry. I'm glad you did what you needed to to take care of you, that's always first, and I admire you for still wanting back up after experiencing such a thing.
Take care and I'm glad your back with us :)
Pammi