cyberskydive

Anyone have tips or advice on using the auctions?

I may be putting my main up for auction, I have never used the auction here or anywhere but I have set up similar ones so I am fairly familiar with how they work. Just wondered if anyone cared to shere any advice/experiences that they have had with them good or bad. OK so help me out already!!!
D.Chisolm C-28534
[email protected]
http://www.sunraydesigns.com

I've sold quite a few items through the auctions from work. Works great!
Tips - include an email link and a pic if you can. For a canopy definitely list the number of jumps, date of manufacture (you can find that on the warning label, usually center cell tail), note any patches or relines and the color pattern. Check your email often while the auction is going; you want to be able to answer questions quickly. Set your reserve at the minimum you'll take for the item, then hope that a couple of people really want it.;) You might want to check experience level/exit weight before finalizing the sale if it is a smaller or high performance canopy.
pull and flare,
lisa

Sis, from what i understand ( i could be totally wrong) this is how it happens....
stacy is selling something for X amount of dollars. i want the iteam so i bid on it and also put a Max bid on the item... the computer altamatically bids for me if im outbidded,until it reaches my max bid. IF only one person is bidding on that item the computer reads a new higher bid. it then bids higher for you, not aware that you already put in the original higher bid. works out good. everybody needs a little "self motivation."
froggie

Don't have an auction that goes on forever. Most people want instant gratification. I won't bid on anything that isn't ending within a week anyway. Think of it this way, if I'm looking for item X that I can get from multiple places I only want to bid on one of these at a time. Having a long auction (> 1 week) just means you'll have your item longer because nobody is going to bother and bid on it.

We haven't sold anything over the auctions, Cyber, but we bought a lot of our gear from them. Diver123 is who we got Merrick's rig from in fact! Pics was definately something we looked for, and I personally am impatient, so when people take days to answer me...I get frustrated. I need to know some info to know whether to bid. Also, you know about Paypal right? Very, very handy!
Pammi

I just bought a rig in an auction. It was great, i got a good price and got all my questions answered before the sale was final. I would recommend it to anyone. I would also recommend that sellers have a picture of the item on the site. It makes it much easier.
dan