SpeedRacer

Whuffos in the Mist

Sometimes I'll be talking to people at work about what I did last weekend. (I'm very polite, I always wait my turn while the whuffos talk about their gardening, their home improvements, what's going on on their favorite TV shows, etc.)
But when I say things like, "I did a four way" these whuffos start snickering and making all kinds of crude sexual innuendos. But I don't know how else to describe it. God, whuffos can be so immature :o!! Not like us, of course ;)!!
anyone else have problems communicating with the whuffos?
Speed Racer
"Blue Skies, Red eyes, Sore thighs!"

I'm very polite, I always wait my turn while the whuffos talk about their gardening, their home improvements, what's going on on their favorite TV shows, etc.

Boy do I know that feeling, and inside it feels like you are going to have to kill somebody if they make you listen to their boooooooooring story for one second longer. I normally rush straight back to my PC and get a quick fix right here. Sheesh, how did skydivers cope before the internet?
/s

*Sheesh, how did skydivers cope before the internet?
Easy, they quit their jobs, moved out the DZ, and lived the life we all dream of...skydiving day in and day out until they either got sick of being poor, or hooked up with another skydemon - settled down and needed to pay a mortgage.
Before that, pretty much, there wasn't as many doing it, so it was quite easy to 'live the life'.
Just didn't think I would pass up on this one!
Arohanui,
B:P
NZPF A-2584

yea whuffos suck,but...well, uh. nevermind:)the more im around whuffos, the more i feel like shouting at the top of my lungs
"IF I GOTTA HEAR ANYMORE ABOUT YOUR BORING FUKN LIFE, IM GOING TO GRAB YOUR THROAT AND SHAKE THE FUK OUTTA YOU!!!"
but then again....whuffos suck, too:)really though, I'm not a voilent guy.
JT

Yeah, you're right, they probably find it boring, the way we ride little planes to altitude, step out of them, fall until we reach terminal velocity, do stuff for a while and then chuck out a PC and watch (hope?) our main deploy. Of course then we have the boooooring canopy ride and landing to look forward to. Yep, I can totally see why whuffos would find skydiving stories boring to listen to...
;)
Plus of course some of the shit we get up to at the end of the day when the bar opens.... well, whuffos just don't do that kind of thing, thank you very much!
/s

You mean that you actually have non-skydiving friends???

About 95% of my friends are non-skydivers and latley, when they tell me stuff, i stare off and think about skydiving. They are getting pissed because when they finish i say " huh?". i can't help but laugh.:D
blue skies, cold beer
chris

It has been much, much worse for me. I did my first AFF jump July 1 of 2000 and I think that I have seen non-jumper friends maybe 10 times since...I am just spending so much time at the DZ. Now I really only talk to them on the phone or via email. They think that I have joined some sort of cult. Pretty funny! If they only knew...
"I'll jump anything!"

Yes, but I don't think I'll be out this weekend, so I'll miss your graduation. My rigger has my rig, had to send the cypres in for it 4 year check and do a repack.
Plus, I have "relative work" to do. (sister in town) And call me a wuss, but 40 degrees is still a little chilly to jump. I'm waiting for 50 and full sun.
I was out for the expo, but other than that, haven't been around all winter, so we probably have not met. My name is Maura, I have long blond hair and all my gear is red, black and white. I usually pack on the blue mat next to the freefly area, east end of the hangar. I should be there for the next sunny weekend day, so come find me. I mostly belly fly, but I've been dabbling in sitflying too.
If you end up at Skydive Illinois on Monday, give Ronco a big kiss for me. He is GREAT PEOPLE.
Blue ones! I hope Roger's weather mojo is working and you get to graduate!

And call me a wuss, but 40 degrees is still a little chilly to jump.

YOU WUSS!!!! No im just going crazy w/ out jumping plus my adrenaline still numbs me to the fact im probably getting frost bite. Oh well. Did you happen to sit through the seminar given by rook, roger, and missy about freeflying. It was pretty damn good, helped me on my sit-fly exit the next day. Anyway have fun with the "relitive work">:( and ill see on the drop zone...;)
blue skies, cold beer
chris
Edited by Slowfaller on 3/16/01 02:14 PM.

About 95% of my friends are non-skydivers and latley, when they tell me stuff, i stare off and think about skydiving. They are getting pissed because when they finish i say " huh?". i can't help but laugh.

I have this problem a lot. Most of the people I associate with on a day to day basis are not skydivers, so that's probably why I'm so addicted to these forums.
Speed Racer
"Blue Skies, Red eyes, Sore thighs!"

hee hee
Well, skyhawk this just proves 3 things :
1) I'm a geek who spends way too much time on the net.
2) I am single (what, you thought I had a runny nose because I had a cold???)
3) I live in England, so have no need to go to DZs on the weekend (except for the one weekend in the summer when we MIGHT get to do a hop n pop - yay)
I should probably be called 'tired hand' rather than 'old hand', hahahahhahahaha
/s