Dirtsucks

Music Preference

Maybe I just haven't heard good examples, but whenever I walk into a club that has house techno music, I can only take about ten minutes of it.
It sounds as though someone just bled all the soul out of music & just mathematically programmed in a pounding dance beat. Listening to that stuff is like eating food made entirely of Olestra and Nutrasweet- a completely synthetic experience.
I prefer blues.
Speed Racer
"Blue Skies, Red eyes, Sore thighs!"

There is a time and place for everything...even music. If I wanted to go dance my ass of I certainly wouldnt want to go to a blues club and if I wanted to hang out, drink some PBRs and play pool...i certainly wouldnt go to a club. Let me take you to NYC and I guarantee that you will finally get House/Techno...get in the club at around midnight...come out when the sun is up. 4,000 people going nuts...its a great time, man...I used to hate that type of music too, but you have to experience it to learn to like it. Plus its great music to drive to.
"I'll jump anything!"

HI y'all, Hi Kingy,
You missed one of the 'saurs - ME!!!:(
What about the Animals - Not "House of the Rising Sun", but more "We've Gotta Get Out of This Place" & "When I Was Young"? Or... (maybe less dinosaur, more "early mammal") Nimrod - "Good Riddance".
As for "lovemaking music" (Sis), anyone remember "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" by Pink Floyd!? I thought that's what CD players were invented for - so you could just set the 2 "Shine on" tracks to repeat. Of course you'd need to blindfold your partner for the "Nobody knows where you are" line in the lyrics:P. Did I REALLY just put a :P icon at the end of that!?
Anyway... Back to skydiving music: Nena "Ich hang an Dir/Hanging on you" has to be the definitive "tandem" track! Don't believe me? But it & listen! Why aren't "Anyplace, Anywhere, Anytime" & "It's All in The Game" skydiving anthems? Oh yeah... 'cos no-one else seems to remember Nena!:(
Mike D10270.
PS. Iona says that for the "Shine on" tracks you really need the blindfold AND strips of double sided Velcro:D. Now I've posted that publicly I suppose it's "pink & fluffy time" 'cos she's seen this & here comes the hooorrse needllll........
Hi there, Iona here, it wasn't cos of the "Velcro" bit, i just noticed he was starting to talk about Germans (Nena) again.
Iona XXX

If you want to talk german hitmakers. Lets talk David Hasselhoff!!! That guy has sold more records in Germany than Elvis, Micheal Jackson & Madonna combined!!! Can you believe it??? If you want a good laugh pick up one of his albums, thats if you can find it. I came across one while I was in college and I used to pop it in to see what people would say. I usually wouldnt tell them who it was...people really didnt seem to mind until I told them who it was and then they wanted it shut off. Interesting study in human behavior anyways. That is a really funny CD.
"I'll jump anything!"

David Hasselhoff. Saw him once on a daytime talk show, acting all "I'm Mr. Stud Rock Star", but just about everyone in the audience was like:
"Aren't you the guy from Knight Rider?"
"Did that car from Knight Rider really talk?"
"Did you still own that car from Knight Rider?"
Pissed him off royally, was a good laugh.

I guess one time at a show in Brazil or somewhere in S. America, he actually had the KIT car there and the thing tore up the soccer field. Totally destroyed it...that is a big no-no in S. America. I guess there was total chaos. Now thats funny! He also had a payperview concert special. It was his big American debut and it aired during the OJ Simpson car chase. I have seen some interviews with him and he says that he is pissed, he really thinks that he would be huge in America if it werent for OJ Simpson...Even funnier!!!
"I'll jump anything!"

Reminds me of an embarrassing incident. Me and a bunch of boys were sitting around in Cape Town one evening. We were having some beers and watching Baywatch before going out. Anyway, so the Baywatch intro starts, and we are all doing the bloke thing 'i want to be breast-fed by Pamela' and 'run, Yasmine, run'. Next thing I shout 'Shit, would you look at the legs on that!!!'. Then the camera pans up and guess whose legs they were... Yep, David Hasselhoff himself! :$
The boys absolutely crucified me that night, every time I would start talking to a chick, Nipper would scream from across the bar 'Hey Will, does she have nicer legs than David Hasselhoff?'. Funnily enough I didn't pull.
True story.
/s
[drop till you party!]

Dude, I have done way more stupid and embarrassing things than that... Like the time me and a couple of the boys went to a gay bar because we heard we could get good E there... Err, actually maybe I shouldn't be talking about THAT night!:$
Or one night in London when I was absolutely smashed. It was after working a shift at the bar at Alexandra Palace when they had the 1996 Brit awards. Anyway, Mick Hucknall (lead singer of wanky band Simply Red) walks past with a hot chick on each arm and I shout 'Hey look everybody it's Dick Fucknuckle!!!' Who knew that the big bastard behind him was his bodygaurd??? :(
Or at my one sister's wedding reception on a crocodile farm (Le Bonheur), when I thought it would be really cool to go skinny-dipping... (this is the reason you will never see a REAL nudie pic of me BTW).
Man, I think I'm starting to see why I am always getting in trouble...
:)/s
[drop till you party!]

Hey MikeD,
I used to be into old Pink Floyd. Still have a copy of Piper at the Gates of Dawn, but its on vinyl so I can't play it!
Anyway, I wished that my first jump video could have had "One of these days" on it, instead of the lame-ass, canned generic rock clip they used instead.
Speed Racer
"Blue Skies, Red eyes, Sore thighs!"

Hi Speedy,
Yeah... HOW DID I FORGET THAT? Or "Breathe"? or a vid with lots of cuts to Whuffos set to "Dark Side of The Moon" (the track - not the album)? I'm thinking whuffos during the verses & skydivers during the choruses (?) You know what I mean...
Mike D10270.

Hey all, I have lots of stuff like Sasha, Keoki, Crystal Method, LO-FI, etc. Trust me folks, I am one techo lover. I personally would not call Sasha "light house" I would call it Trance...Trance is actually my favorite genre of electronic music. However, I like most of it, including Ambient, and Drum & Bass/Jungle i.e., DJ Dara...Roni Size & Reprazent, Goldie, etc.
Most of my whuffo friends are DJs and clubkids...
Sis

a lot of no name bands that are big underground, modest mouse ( one of the best ), alkaline trio, jawbreaker, jets to brazil, BIG RADIOHEAD FAN, rage against the machine, outkast, tribe called quest, at the drive in, and hardcore ex. charles bronson, i hate myself, los crudos, etc.....
blue skies, cold beer
chris
ps. i graduated the afp program, HELLLLLLL YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!