cyberskydive

Anyone into Yoga?

Dont be a victim of stereotypes omri-LOL- :)Yoga is freakin HARD!-LOL I did my first bit of it this morning and man it is more than just stretching and meditation, I wont buy into spiritual mumbo jumbo if it goes against my beliefs, but I actually felt really good when I was done- thats always a + -LOL
D.Chisolm C-28534
[email protected]
http://www.sunraydesigns.com

Cyberskydive:
I do it! I don't do the kind (and there are so many different kinds) where we sit around and meditate or chant. Our instructor works our butts off!! I found it especially good for those ARCH!!! positions. I don't try and remember the names of the moves but there are a couple of different ones that look like you're tracking and stuff. Great for the lower back, but you have to be careful as well.
Our instructor had us climbing the walls yesterday - literally!! You ever tried to do a split with one foot on the floor and the other on the wall???
I get all giggly and the instructor doesn't see the humor I guess, but I find it extremely funny that a bunch of us are standing in a room bent over at the waist and our arms reaching out to our sides like airplanes ready to take off!! Then there's the move that I call "women in a public bathroom", where we squat down as far as we can and see how long we can stay there (women are pros at this - kind of like trying not to pee on your foot when your out camping and there's nothing but the great outdoors!!) [grin]
I like it! (but then I'm usually the only one who seems to think it funny as hell!)
Divadiver

I found it especially good for those ARCH!!! positions

And other positions as well! :D
Seriously though, I love yoga. When I first started out I found it uncomfortable and even painful at times, but once I got into it and my flexibility increased back to that of a 2 year old, I find it incredibly refreshing. And with the sense of balance that you acquire and your overall body awareness, I think it really helps with skydiving as well.
Tee

we used to do yoga as part of my judo club. it was a lot of fun... and a lot less bruising than getting thrown 100+ times night!!! =c) Maybe if I did more of that stuff I really could impersonate that cypres ad in parachutist. hmmm.
Stacy
http://astro.temple.edu/~sweeks