Jessica

Non-fatal crash at Skydive Texas

This isn't where I jump, but I know a lot of people who do. In fact, two of my best friends were on that very plane (single otter) two weeks ago.
Plane carrying skydivers crashes
03/31/2001
WFAA.com
DECATUR – A single engine plane with at least 22 people aboard crash landed in a grove of trees near Decatur this afternoon.
At least seven people were taken to hospitals. The Wise County Sheriff's office reported there were no fatalities.
The aircraft was apparently carrying skydivers, but it was not immediately clear whether it was taking off or landing at the time of the accident.
Four helicopter ambulances and five ground units carried the injured to Fort Worth area hospitals.
The high-wing single engine aircraft with a large open door on its side crashed just a few hundreds yards away from Bishop Field, a grassy landing strip outside Decatur.
Weather conditions at the time of the incident were nearly ideal, with sunny skies and light, 6 mph winds from the north.

Last night, I talked to one of my close friends who was on his way to the hospital to see Tom and the others. Everyone is ok...I just jumped out of that plane not too long ago! I was pretty upset when I found out. Thank goodness Tom was flying!
Sis
"What we're all really seeking is something where we can feel the rapture of being alive."J.Campbell

sis,
Thank god you posted here! i was really getting worried. Figured id check and see if you posted yet, and if you didnt id send ya an email telling us that you were okay. Geeze, you had us worried there! Good to see that you werent on that plane and that everyone who was is okay. Wishing tom a quick hospital stay!
froggie

Great Gawd Almighty! I'd just like to send best wishes to everyone at Skydive Texas. When I got back to work today, one of the guys who works for me told me he saw something on the news about a plane with skydivers crashing, and he thought it was near my home dz, Maytown. I guess what he saw was this incident, but for a few hours I was feeling that same thing that everyone who know the Decatur crowd was feeling: dread and anger and worry in equal parts. It ruined my whole night to even imagine that friends of mine were hurt and a plane at my dz was trashed. Thank God every one lived, and I hope everyone injured has a full recovery. And Mr. Bishop, if what I read about the incident is true, you are the pilot of the year. May the FAA be gentle with you: you saved lives.
blues - Patkat