skydognz

Skydiving Sims - Games: Who knows of any????

As a keen skydiver, I hate the days we can't jump, but with skydiving on the brain, I'd die for a good skydive sim game or computer aided training simulator. Ok, I know our sport isn't a great overwelming interest which computer game designers don't really have a great interest in, but why not???..does anyone have any gossip about any developments in computer sims for us that would love to play with - if the weather is against us???...
Stitch! New Zealand.

I agree with Viking. I wasted like $35 bucks on that game and it sucks more shit than a vacuum up my ass. Try this - lie on your bed, arching with your front half hanging over the edge. Put a fan pointed up, on the floor pointed towards your head. For added effect, wear all your gear.

Hey Cyberskydive...
Yeah, spent way too long trying to get to the game in Shockwave..and gave up. My computer asking me, and telling me too many questions and answers. If that game "skydive" is that bad, and you got it so cheap, how about sending it via email to me to try????>..LOL..gees I'm cheap...and DESPERATE!...I'm sure we'll get a sim yet...sighs..or give you my address, and I'll give you US10.00 for it!...
Stitch. New Zealand. ..sighs.....

Yeah he has some javascript games-LOL-
forgot to tel you shockwave is bandwidth intensive
I left that skydiving game at my old roomates house cause it was so stupid, wasnt worth playing-LOL
When I get un-busy, I'll see what I can make in Flash sometime and post it. But may be a while.
D.Chisolm C-28534
[email protected]
http://www.sunraydesigns.com

While I was living in Manhattan, ESPNZone had a great skydiving sim...you actually get in a harness and throw on a pair of Virtual Reality Goggles and you have to stear with the toggles. The floor drops out from underneath you and wind starts blowing up at you. Pretty fun. On the first level you have to land in an field surrounded by mountains. The second is landing on a moving aircraft carrier and the third is landing in the middle of a city. I would imagine that you would be able to find this game at any other ESPNZone, a Dave & Buster's or any other arcade that serves beer. It was really fun. They give you a printout of how far from the target you hit. Playstation 2 is also coming out with a SkySurfing game, but I have heard nothing but terrible things about it.
"I'll jump anything!"

Skyslut...LOL..what a nick!..good one! LOL. Yeah, good to hear Playstation 2 is getting into the scene. Kewl. I'll have to wait for that!. I'll have a look around at the ESPN websites and see what they've got. Sighs. Still no real answers yet. LOL. Oh well..better than nothing...Thanks dude!
Stitch. New Zealand.

I've seen SkyDive in CompUSA bargain bins but never bought it. Nintendo 64 has Pilot wings which is alright. Basically, all you do is 3 or 4 points in a four way, then try n land for accuracy. Didn't they have some kind of harness SIM down in San Diego for the convention? Anyone try that?

Yeah, you want to be careful with that skysurfing game that they are going to come out with for PS2. It is a weird combo of skysurfing in a windtunnel/skateboarding/snowboarding. Really odd concept. I dont think that it will be very good, but here is a link to a preview of it.

http://www.zdnet.com/gamespot/stories/reviews/0,10867,2587430,00.html
"I'll jump anything!"

Bad weather or not we are still out at the dz for the social aspect of it. We have a 3,500 sq. ft. hanger that is all paved, so we roll up the carpets and pull out the creepers for a great game of "creeper wars". Not a computer game but just as fun. Each team has to slide in from the corners and build formations...whichever team is the quickest wins. It is a hilarious and you never know, a hole might open up and you already have your dirt dive done! :D
Tee