numskull99

Click's at Dropzones

I'd just like to figure out why there are so many click's at dropzones?? It is tearing my DZ appart right now. But I am really having problems with girls there. One of the girls there is 21 and really hot, and because she makes jokes about certain types of things she is labeled as a slut of some sort. When in all reality she is one of the best people at the dropzone. I don't think because people are more forward and are willing to give people hugs when they need them, they shouldn't be thought of as some kind of object to feel and grope. Any comments on how I can help a really good friend out would make me really greatfull.
Thanx,
Derek

Damn Mormons!!!!! ;) :)Screw what other people say. if you like the girl hook it up man. and if wose comes to worse try a different DZ.
My DZ is so small that the only two "clicks" are the whuffos and the other guys.
Remember when Sex was safe and skydiving was Dangerous?

Life is toooo short for so much bullshit. Just be yourself, follow your instincts, make your own decisions about the friends you want and forget the rest. Move on if you have to, and take the girl with you. Why aren't they focusing on the jumping??? Our dropzone is too small for that sort of thing, and if anyone isn't a 'hugger' when they first come to us, they sure are after the second visit - it's compulsory!!!
Blue skies
Sue

derek,
being in the military i've seen many diffrent kinds of people from all over. for somereason the gals here seem to be just like what your discribing. alot more forward. i've heard some of the best dirty jokes from females here that iwould never tell in front of em. it's just the kind of person they are and have to be taken for that. if other people want to see it diffrently then let them. who cares! opinions from close minded people don't count in my book!
<>

Derek...I went to a DZ for my first tandem this past Oct and noticed that there were a lot of cliques. I went back a week or so ago just to hangout and watch some loads. Not one person talked to me!
As for the girl, you can't trust other people about what they say about someone. Hell, maybe she digs you and those guys know it. They are jeoulous and don't want you to have her! Dude, you gotta go for it man. Remember, you're a skydiver, you can do anything!!!
Good luck and blue skies!!
NEW AND IMPROVED!!!
http://home.woh.rr.com/brandonandlaura/

Can I throw in my $0.02 here? There was a discussion about this on wreck as well.
I guess one person's "group of friends" is another person's "clique". I hang at a pretty good size dropzone and yeah, I've noticed that people sort of "cluster", but I've never felt that I was being excluded or snubbed.
The groups seem to form along interest and experience lines. The freefly folks tend to hang with other freefly folks to talk freefly stuff. RW folks do the same. As far as jump groups go, people of generally similar experience tend to jump together. A lot of it seems to be kind of a comfort-zone kind of thing. People tend to like to jump with people they know. After the jump they naturally tend to hang together & debrief.
I don't see anything wrong with this. Of course, I notice people saying "Oh, so-and-so is such a thus-and-such." or "Can you believe what so-and-so did?" But again, that's just human nature. I try not to do it, and I take it with a grain of salt when I hear it (and don't relay it on), but maybe that's just me. If that's "politics", maybe people are overreacting, but then again, maybe it's worse at other DZs.
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

I think that depends on the DZ you go to. I don't feel that this is a problem at my home DZ. The other DZ I go to ocassionaly (half the distance away) is too small to have this problem. On a typical Saturday there may be 100-300 people at my DZ, but people are still really friendly. I do both RW and am trying to learn freeflying, so I hang with both of these groups. I've never seen any tension between these two groups either, other than some friendly ribbing.
If you don't feel comfortable at a DZ, and there are alternatives nearby give them a try. Vote with your money.

Hmmmm... My DZ only has 2 types: Skydivers & whuffos... and in regards to the CReW, RW, & Freefly types, we tend to inter-breed so as not to let one group dominate the other. It also helps to bring in new genes from different dropzones and/or countries.

That's really sweet of you to care about your friend like that Derek. Have you talked with her at all about it? Perhaps she knows what is being said and it's bothering her less then you think? Hopefully she's confident in herself and doesn't care what is said, as long as she's not treated badly too. There are always those that are going to judge a woman for being outgoing, while condemning the 'prissy' girls in the same breath. It's pretty silly. Then, of course, women will get talked about if they have any sort of relations with a man who isn't gentleman enough to keep it private because as much as I'd like to think people are more open-minded nowdays, most really aren't and hold women to a different set of standards then men. (you know how it is girls...we are sluts for something a man would be patted on the back and called a stud for!)
Anyway...just let her know that you aren't judging her and want to be friends...get to know who she *is*, not who people say she is, and I bet she'll appreciate it.
Pammi
(Oh, and perhaps the rumors were started by some jealous women anyway who are not confident enough to get to know Ms. Hot rather then snear at her cuz she is so cute?)
"The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live."
-Joan Borysenko

Thanx everyone,
But I have talked to her and the reason it is bugging me so much is it is pushing her out of the DZ. She is talking about switching to somewhere else. She is a new jumper and if she is getting pushed what is going to happen to all the other new people. This is just the start of the problem and I want to solve it before it starts to effect more people. Another thing I am not really a part of just one group, I don't get allot of time just to fun jump. I am always up doing video's. I only maybe do one or two fun jumps a week. I just want to let people know to watch out for the new jumpers. They are in a new enviroment and need all the support they can get.
Thanx,
-Derek