Deleted

need a place to learn

first ya gota tell us where ya live! i myself made my first jump at 17 with my parent's consent. it was static line training but that's all your going to get under 18. got a quick question. how long till you turn 18? if you don't have all the cash to do all your training at once you might just want to save up untill you do turn 18 and do all the training at once. if not then check out the intrenet. there is normaly a few dz's in every state that will let you jump under 18 with parental consent. i know ther is at least one in ohio and one in indiana. probly a few more across the states. i wish you good luck in finding a place, i know whatit's like to be a minor and want to jump, seems like yesterday i went up with my twin sis on our first jump in july of 98. took my mom forever to sign the stinking consent form, but since i got to go my sister came along too. course this was only a month before we turned 18, but i was 17 none the less.

"if dreams are like movies, then memories are like films about ghosts"-counting crows

Hiya Non,
It all depends on the individual state - some (Californica-?) allow at 16 but I dare say the parental consent & waiver forms wording will be sufficient to deter even committed skydiving parents!!! I'd assume in these litigous times that your parents will effectively have to give the DZO & his representatives permission to kill you without any comeback on them (!!!) 'cos that's effectively what the waiver that skydivers sign means. At this point you run into a "wilful risk, neglect & harm by custodian" issue!
In the UK (there's 2 lies for the price of one abbreviation) the "legal" age of 16 is nOT strictly speaking set by the sport governing body (The BPA), it's effectively set by The Children & Young Persons acts (in Scotland specifically by Section 12 of The Children & Young Persons (Scotland) Act 1937. In short it's a criminal offence for a person over 16 years with custody, charge or care of a person under 16years to expose them to unneccessary injury to health. So... If a child gets hurt skydiving EVERYBODY who had anything whatsoever to do with the childs injury gets prosecuted (& believe me they WOULD be convicted!!!!!) Thats Parents, DZO, Instructors, Pilot, Jumpmaster, Ground staff, Packers.....
Any "adults" out there still want to let a "child" jump?
Mike D10270.

Well if you can go "anywhere" then (maybe) some of the largest and (supposely) best DZ's in america?
Some might disagree, and i cannot say anyhting like this for sure as i haven't jumped at any of them, but Elinsore and Perris Valley (both in CA i think) and somewhere like Deland in Florida are certainly very "famous" DZ's
But an american who has been to such places would have to help you i'm afraid.
Ed

As far as I know none of the dz's in Southern California will allow anyone under 18 to jump. I've heard about people under 18 jumping in Lodi (northern Cal.) but you'd have to call them and check on that.
Good luck!
pull and flare,
lisa

Hey,
You can get training at my DZ in Upper Michigan with parental concent at 16. I am 19 and started one week after my 16th birthday. Your frst jump will cost $130, that includes training. It is a staticline course. Let me know soon if your interested, as we may not be in business much longer. The guy who we are leasing our plane from may want it back soon, and we may not have the funds to get another one. You can contact me at [email protected] or my DZO at [email protected] Good luck.
Mizhakwit,
Chad

You might call them to be sure, but I think Mike at OSC will let you jump at 16 or older with parental consent. Like I said, double-check tho. It's a good place to learn...very safe. Tony and Mike both are excellent teachers! They webpage is here Oklahoma Skydiving Center, give him a call and see.
Pammi
"The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live."
-Joan Borysenko