Pammi

Skydiving is dangerous?!?!

Read this on WFFC message board:
4,000 people are injured by tea pots every year.
40,000 Americans are injured by toilets every year.
60% of electrocutions occur while talking on the phone during a thunderstorm.
13 people a year are killed by vending machines falling on them
Sheesh...I'll take my chances jumping out of a plane and stay away from vending machines! LOL!
Pammi
"The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live."
http://trak.to/skydivechick

I get a huge buzz just walking past vending machines, man those things are RADICAL! Perhaps I'll make it to Junk Day one time and ride a vending machine out the back of a skyvan, that would rock.
84% of statistics are made up on the spot.
Gus

40,000 Americans are injured by toilets every year.

:o
BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Looks like we, as American parents need to work on that "potty training" a little more!!! :D Im a little curious, toilets seem quite harmless to me, how would one hurt themselves?
Greg A-37958

40,000 americans are injured by toilet every year.
whaaaaaahahaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
That only could happen in the us, what have the toilets done to them???
i like vending machines, when they would fall on my stupid neighbour i think i´ll love them ;-)))))
here another statistic:
12% of all carcrash are done by drunken people, why stop drunken driver, stop the other 88%!!! LOL
DITCH

Greg:
Im a little curious, toilets seem quite harmless to me, how would one hurt themselves?
What you want to do is go to your favorite department store and buy one of those bathroom sets with the warm and fuzzy toilet seat covers. Go home put the little fuzzy bugger on the seat and when forget all about it until you go to pee.
Peeing instructions:
Lift toilet seat to upright position
Unzip pants (take out tool)
Find comfortable standing position
Proceed to start peeing
Just as stream starts, warm and fuzzy toilet seat cover expands
causing the seat to move in a downward motion
Immediately cut stream short and step away, I say step away from the toilet.
Or have that darn thing slam down causing injury to ye' ol one eye monster!
On the other hand, we woman have been known to actually gracefully sit ourselves in the bowl
when the seat has been left up. This has resulted in more than one broken tail bone! Cold as hell too!
Or so I've been told!
Divadiver

What you want to do is go to your favorite department store and buy one of those bathroom sets with the
warm and fuzzy toilet seat covers.

Ahhhhh yes, the frilly, fuzzy, feminine toilet coozy thingys. Fortunatly, I dont use these things, I used to think it was because they are inherently unsanitary (IMHO) but it must have been a subliminal danger message from the little head to the big head, maybe.
Well, at least it is not what I was originally thinking, that there is some sort of "patriotic American handstand before you go manover" or the "in America, we only go in the dark routine" that I have not been informed about. Whew, I would hate to be left out or something!!

now ive got to stop drinking tea during a thunderstorm while sitting on the toilet

Kelly, I love this forum. Everybody here is very open and it’s really cool. But I think you’ve crossed that line into things we just DON’T need to know about :D!! Daaaaa haaa haaaaaaaa!!
Later - Josh

You're right Gus, statistics can be manipulated to suit the person quoting them. I believe that skydiving is inherently dangerous, but only to be respected as such. I respect it enough not to get complacent, which keeps me on my toes. BTW, my favorite piece of junk shoved out of the aircraft in the "Good Stuff" video was the guy riding the water heater. Very aerodynamic. Wooohooo!
Respectfully,
SP