mountainman

Family Skydivers...

I am wondering who jumps with their immediate family. My dad is going to do a tandem (which I think will turn into more) and my brother (16 yrs old) is going to start S/L this summer.
Just wondering how this has affected your relationship. I think that it would be pretty sweet! Freefly with bro and dad.
Thanks all!:)MORE SKYDIVING PHOTOS ADDED!!!
http://home.woh.rr.com/brandonandlaura/

Good question, Brandon! My hubby & I started jumping last summer, and we're out jumping together just about every weekend! As for how jumping has effected our relationship, well...we just had our 17th wedding anniversary last week, and it only keeps getting better. (It kinda helps that we're not only deeply in love, but we're best friends, too :)One of our favorite jumps to do is a 2-way on the last load of the day, turn west and watch an amazing sunset behind the California mountains! That's always good for lots of kisses in the air, and more on the ground! :P
We usually start planning our jumps on our commute to work during the week. Or we talk about things we can try or do differently to get better in the air. The consistency of jumping together has helped us learn as well...we've got our fallrates figured out and we can almost always nail the exit, so now we concentrate on things like flying in close and accurate. (We do jump with others alot, too, but he's my favorite partner!)
Brandon, you & your family are going to have a blast together!! Good luck!
Blue skies, light winds,
Karen

My dad go me a first jump S/L course for HS Graduation. He also went through the course. (Alterior motive) Anyway, for the next 6 or so years, we went to Quincy together, became JM's, yada yada yada. We both got married last year, so I have slowed down a little, and he has about quit jumping, but skydiving together has really made our relationship stronger. Have fun w/the Family!
Mike
Hey, I'm not packed,
what's in that one?
Never mind, I'll jump it!

That is really cool all! I guess if my dad and bro start jumping, it will be me, my wife, my dad and my brother (and cousin).
I think that a strong relationship with family is important, and what better way to build that than spend the day at the DZ jumping out of planes together?? Going to grandpa's and listen to her talk about foot fungus or sore joints?? NO!:)I cannot wait be jumping with my fam.
MORE SKYDIVING PHOTOS ADDED!!!

My Uncle is starting his S/L progression yet again. I think my starting AFF has him motivated to actually go for his A this time!!!! He and I have always been close, but now the phone bills are just getting outragous!!!!! Can't wait until we can jump together!!!! Might even have my mom talked into a tandem this summer too!!! I was over her house for a bit with the kiddies last night and had the SIM with me. She was really impressed at how serious skydivers take their sport. Who knows, Nana next??????!!!!!!!!!!
Jeji Ü

My wife and I did our first Tandem together. It was a great experience for both of us to share and I think it was a real boost for our relationship. But......
Then I did AFF and got hooked. Now I go every weekend. She tried AFF, did 8 jumps but it just didn't really click. She is going to try again this summer and I'm not to sure it's a good idea. Some of you might remember my post from last year. She's the one who landed down wind and ate grass, then flared at 20 feet on the paved runway, then, and sit down for this one: Landed on the freeway stopping 4 lanes of traffic. I'm just worried she's going to hurt herself or someone else.
But at the same time, we have some really good Instructors that have offered to work with her. So I don't know.

This is actually a rehash of an older post (maybe 10 pages back), but to reiterate: I jump with my wife, my dad, both my sisters, my brother-in-law, uncle, and cousin. Yes, it is great to jump with your family. It certainly makes you stand apart from the crowd! Anytime we are at home, we all jump together. Actually, at my dad's DZ there are several two-generation skydiving families.
Chuck

as i posted befoe in the other thread......
i did my first jump course with my twin sis. she has made 2 static line jumps and i now have 72 skydives...i think i'll get her back in the air when she grduated college and gets a job..she's into the adventurous stuff.....i think it made us better friends jumping together, quality time spent on the drive and getting to talk about it at home......i don't think she'll ever be as addicted as me but who knows, maybe she'll be a world champ someday...... now the real quest is getting my mom to do a tandem....she said if i ever quite smoking she would.....i have to quite here in a few months for work relates stuff so i just might see her do it!

"if dreams are like movies, then memories are like films about ghosts"-counting crows

Geez, skymonkey, that's amazing! Most of my family just shake their heads in disbelief that I skydive.
I'm heading up to Boston next week & my older brother's girlfriend really wants to try it, but my older brother is not interested. My twin brother once said he might like to try it last year, but when I sent him an email asking if he wanted to go to Pepperell & try it next week, he kinda avodied the question.
I've noticed that people do that sometime. When they're standing around in the pub drinking they'll say, "Oh, yeah skydiving. I'd be into trying that!"
But when you actually come right up to them and say, "Okay, how about THIS SATURDAY?" suddenly its "uh, uh, well, it seems kinda expensive and I've been kinda busy lately, so I don't know...."
Speed Racer
Brew Skies

I've noticed that people do that sometime. When they're standing around in the pub drinking they'll say, "Oh, yeah skydiving. I'd be into trying that!"
But when you actually come right up to them and say, "Okay, how about THIS SATURDAY?" suddenly its "uh, uh, well, it seems kinda expensive and I've been kinda busy lately, so I don't know...."

Man...I've heard this a lot in the past year. I got into learning about skydiving last Sept, took a tandem in Oct, and here we are now. Since then, I've asked so many to go with me, most of them are the ones who this this. BUUT....of course their answer to that is always the same. However, my wife can't avoid my questions since I pestered her about skydiving practically 10 times per day. Hey...whatever works!

But at the same time, we have some really good Instructors that have offered to work with her. So I don't know.

Well, I agree, have the instructors do alot of one on one work with her. If possible, find a DZ that uses the new Parasim simulators for canopy training.
She may only need a little more TLC and hands on work. But, on the other hand, if that doest work I have seen several students that should just stick to bowling.... skydiving just isnt compatible with them.

I have seen several students that should just stick to bowling.... skydiving just isnt compatible with them.

BUHAHAHAH!!!:D Good one, dude! However, if I ever hear my name in the same sentence as bowling at the DZ, I'll go ape-$H!T!!:)MAN, IT'S GETTING CLOSE!!!