Pammi

Need Skydivers in my Block!

Lisa brought up once that there is a place called 'Cybertown' that she plays on also, along with these forums. She got me hooked on it basically, but it's been boring the h*** outta me anymore. I live in a block they actually set up called 'skydiving', however, get this...I'm the only non-whuffo, honest to goodness skydiver in the block! Really annoying. Anyway, they want me to be the 'block leader' now and if I agree to do it, I'd like to actually get some skydivers 'living' there.
So if any of you are like me, I basically sit at work and flip to these forums all day reading the posts almost as quickly as they are up because I'm bored silly...try this out. It's something kinda different and can be fun.
http://www.cybertown.com
Directly to my home is http://www.cybertown.com/home/skydivechick
and the Skydiving block is located here: http://www.cybertown.com/cgi-bin/cybertown/block?ID=0104030604020000
Blue ones!
Pammi
"The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live."
http://trak.to/skydivechick
Edited by Pammi on 5/29/01 11:26 AM.

FOCLROFLMAO!!!
Hey Pammi.... guess I'll hafta create a new account so I can move to your block! (got too much status and recognition on the block I'm on now ;)) And don't be bored, come hang out in the flea with me - great people there!
pull and flare,
lisa

Cool guys! I see Omri there and Doafsu also!
Skydyvotie...did you try the link directly to my house? You should be able to go to anyone's house by typing in http://www.cybertown.com/home/skydivechick (or whomever). Skybytch's nick there is Skiescall, so you can put that there instead of skydivechick to see her home. Then on the rigth side it has a little blue block that says "skydiving" that will take you to the main block and once you're there, if you click on messages on that same right hand side bar, you can see the messages for that block.
I'd be glad to help out anyone who'd like it! Let me know if there are some of you who want to try it but would like some assistance getting use to it and we'll find a time we can all meet up at my house for a little 'tutoring' session!
Pammi

I can't download the 3D software because I'm using the computer at work.
When I try to enter the skydivechick home & send a message, I just get a message that sits there saying "Connecting to Community Server". But it never does. >:-(
Speed Racer
"De plaene!! De plaene!!"

Well, Pammi, I'm all moved in, although my house looks like a refurbished bomb shelter with no furnishings. I swung by, but you weren't home. I took the liberty of loooking through all your stuff. Nice pad!
Had a nice chat with your bird, although (s)he doesn't say much, other that "Hi, I'm Rapture, aren't I pretty" or some such. ADRENALN and Onri stopped by, and some other folks I don't know. We ate all the leftovers in your fridge, hope you don't mind. Oh, and that stain on the carpet was there when we got there, honest!
TTYL!
Carl

Yup, I'm skiescall and Im usually hangin' in CT (shorttype for Cybertown) after 9 pm eastern time (CT time too; 6 pm for US west coasties) on the weekdays and off and on all day on the weekends (for a couple more weeks anyway....); if you don't stop by either my house or the flea market where I usually hang out I'm gonna hunt ya all down and.....
Please check out my Cybertown website - http://skiescall.topcities.com Yeah I admit it, I'm into this shit.... *blushing*

Speedy - Try refreshing when the "community server down" thing is up, and if that don't work check to make sure your firewall at work will handle Java programs (the chat client is Java based).
Zennie - it IS remarkably like the Metaverse! And if you know about Snow Crash you really ought move onto MY block - Science Fiction. Have you read Diamond Age by the same author? Good stuff! Yes you can build your own avatars; there's a couple of programs available for just avatars or you can build one in your favorite VRML editor. You can also create and sell other 3D objects (you can see a few I've created on my cybertown website). Oh and your tshirt is in the mail ;-)
Everyone - Don't forget to put skiescall in the referral area when you sign up! heh heh heh.....
pull and flare,
lisa

Cool!!!!!! We have 9 new people from here in the block!! This will be fun :)
Okay...Skiescall has a club called "Blue Skies". If you guys look on the right side navigation bar, under the 'map' is a dropdown box called 'jumpgate'. In that dropdown box it says "clubs". Just click the dropdown box, find 'clubs', and highlight that then you will go to the main club area. Do a search by putting 'blue skies' in 'club name' and Lisa's will come up. You can click on that and join, then we'll have a place to meet up.
I'll make sure I'm there tonight at 8 central time (will that work for you guys?) so I can help any of you out who need it and I can give you guys some things from my backpack (where you keep things you own until you sell/give them to someone else or drop them in your home/club). I dropped a bed in there already that you can 'buy' for free...just to try things out. First come, first get! :)Anyway, I will give you more info in your inboxes so be sure to check them. You can go to the main skydive message board and talk there also. Then if you want to introduce yourself to the whole neighborhood (Skydiving is a 'block' in the 'hood'), you can click 'sports' in the navigational bar on the right once you're already at the 'skydiving' section. Then click on messages once in the main sports area and that is the whole neighborhood message board. Got it?
See ya in CT!
Pammi

Okay youse guys. I just bailed on my old block and moved in with the rest of ya. So if you've immigrated into cybertown get yer butts over there and hang out!
Help for newcomers is available here - http://skiescall.topcities.com
Let's have a party or something soon!
pull and flare,
lisa

Well, shit! I can't even move in, because several months ago (eight or so??) when Lisa first brought this up, I logged in and got a username, etc. I couldn't get a house and stuff, because of software probs. on my 'puter. Now I can get in, even on my laptop, but my username is taken and I don't remember my stupid password. I don't have the same email address either, so don't go there. LOL Anywhoooooooo, I am going to try again later, and see if I can get a few heavies to lick my boobs (see old post for reference!!!!) and let me have a place on the block! I HAVE to live close to Pammi...I mean, she IS my long lost sister!
Pam, I will bet there were "good wind" times at the DZ today, huh? Shitfire. Oh well. Life goes on. No money for me to jump anyway...hope you had a good weekend!!!
Love,
Sis
"What we're all really seeking is something where we can feel the rapture of being alive."J.Campbell

Well Sis, was kinda a slow one for jumping. As you know, we had to come back home Sat night for the kids' Thae Kwan Do belt testing, then when we got back down there, we had to help family with some garage sale stuff. With all of that and the winds, I only got one jump in with Merrick, Kris and Charlie, but it was hilarious! Sit train gone to he**, but a blast! We all landed clear out in the tall grass by the runway and nearly stalled the plane with the slow climbout! Then Kris ended up actually just pushing me off cuz he knew we were getting a bit far out from the DZ and decided it was time to go, but I didn't feel him shake me. LOL! I hit a 'lazy boy' pretty good tho :) It was fun!
Anyway...you still around OK? I'm home today cuz Sammi is a little sick, so I'll try giving you a call in a bit...

I only got one jump in with Merrick, Kris and Charlie, but it was hilarious! Sit train gone to he**, but a blast! We all landed clear out in the tall grass by the runway and nearly stalled the plane with the slow climbout! Then Kris ended up actually just pushing me off cuz he knew we were getting a bit far out from the DZ and decided it was time to go, but I didn't feel him shake me. LOL! I hit a 'lazy boy' pretty good tho :) It was fun!

BWAHAHAHA, that was definitely, "The Load That God Forgot"! That was also my first almost-downwind landing. Another 20-degrees and it would have been a full down-winder. I still can't believe I almost pulled the landing off...
As for the exit part of that skydive, remind me to start our climb-out 5-minutes earlier next time to allow Merrick & Charlie time to finish fighting for position before climbing-out.
As for the shake on exit, if I would have shaken you any harder, you would have been a martini, I was actually laughing my ass off in freefall until I noticed houses below me, wait, there aren't any full-on housing areas near the DZ... SHIT! Check for clear air! Dump! Whew, there's the airport.
I also forgot just how confident and proficient Merrick has been getting, I didn't expect to see him when I got under canopy just above 2-grand. We said hi, looked at the fine-print on each-other's jumpsuits and then turned the hell away from each other. ;>
Your Lazy-boy was looking pretty good though, you're not at all far from a full-on sit, Pam.
Until then... Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel.
Kriszilla

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!
LOL
Way to go, Pam!! You guys have been *kicking ass* lately!! hehe! Merrick doesn't need to get too confident though, that can hurt ya!! (teasing)
I thought this week sucked! Every day I tried to go to the DZ for accuracy training, it either rained (two days) was windy (two days) or I had "relative work" in the form of painting and such (two days). Gee, lovely!!
So, I wish I would have known earlier that you were home today, Pammi, but I didn't get online nor check my voicemail soon. Guess I figured no one had left anything valuable on there!! Had I known, it would have been fun to come up to Ponca and visit ya!!
I will be back in a couple of weeks, I would imagine. I went by the DZ today to give Mike his canopy control video back, but no one was there. So I will call him tomorrow, and maybe mail it to him, or if he lets me keep it a bit, I will keep watching it. I have full-on asked the staff at Skydive Dallas if I can do a canopy control course there and I have been told NO! We have Rob Laidlaw right there on the fucking premises, and I am watching him coach this video and do the jumps! I am thinking, RIGHT! Of course I never asked Rob himself about a canopy control course, even though we are on good terms, but I asked SDU instructors and the DZ manager and was told "no canopy control course." So I am doing it in Cushing. I love Dallas, but...you can't have everything at a DZ, you know? Wow, am I getting off on a tangent here, or what?!?!?! Sorry, fellow sky-wizards!!!
Love to thee,
The Sis
The road to hell is paved with good intentions-but sometimes,good intentions are all we humans have.

Yeah, for us 9-5'ers it wasn't too bad...having the rain during the week rather then on the weekend, but it sucked for you!
I don't believe anyone is around the DZ much this week...Mike is on a fun trip for a week and Tony was down schoolin' last weekend, so may still be there. AFF stuff maybe? Not sure. Too bad you'll miss our sushi lesson this weekend! Kriszilla decided if he can't teach us how to exit in a sit train properly that he'd at least school us in fine cuisine! Should be fun if I stay away from the Saki (spelling?) I've heard about that stuff!!
Mike Farmer...you comin' with us?! I hear you are the sushi master!
(BTW...that was fun anyway Kris...getting pushed off...rofl..between that, the dip the plane took when it almost stalled and trying to hold on from the very edge of the step it was kinda fun! hehe!)
OH SIS!! Don't forget about water training also on June 30th, then the Caravan will be there the weekend of the 4th..believe it gets there the 3rd?? Also, Brandon was talking about doing a canopy course too at some time, so you might ask about that. I'm gonna take it when he does myself. He's awesome with that napkin he calls a canopy so maybe he can help my landings especially!!
Pammi